N*F*B: Opinions on the Debate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gimp19
    I think Bush was very weak, right from the begining Kerry handed him his ass on a platter. He still cant come up with a good awnser to why he went about the B.S war in Iraq the way he did. He's such a dumbass he cant even give a speech without pausing for 10 seconds. I hate him and want him gone
    Good points! Very persuasive. Glad I am not relying on you to protect the country. I admit your suggested strategy is really had to argue with.

I won't deny that I wish Bush was a better communicator. I think that this country should be able to find better qualified candidates on both sides. I would have prefered McCain in 2000.

Originally posted by Nightrage
    All the kids in my English class today (i'm out of high school and in the 13th grade now ) were talking about how Kerry whooped Bush. They're all voting Kerry. It's terrible to see how high school has brain washed these kids by pointing out everything that Bush has done wrong as opposed to the good decisions he's made. I don't think Bush can pull it off guys
    Stay calm. Do your part. I have found that they tend to complain loudly (they even have big registration parties), but forget to actually vote. Supporters of the war on terror acknowledge the seriousness of the situation. Vote.

What we are witnessing is the unfortunate softening of America. Mistakenly projecting our love of freedom and humanity as the attitude of entire world. It is not. The unjustified hatred of an evil minority is beyond our "softened" comprehension. The sad reality is: us or them. How irresponsible would I be if a ignored the problem and past it to our future generations? The longer we wait the harder and more deadly the job becomes.

Sean
    1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean 94z28
      As for the war in Iraq being mis-guided, I use the drug dealer anology. This seems appropriate due to the problem with seeking a global concensus for military action. If you were a drug dealer and the police called you for 30 days in a row to say you would be busted, should police expect to find drugs when the finally do come? I highly doubt it.
      Sean
      I completely agree with this analogy. It's the same analogy I have used toward this issue. I'm so tired of the politicians and the media saying that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Anyone with a shred of common sense knows damn good and well that there were WMD. Just because the UN inspectors weren't able to provide the world with hundreds of biologoical warfare missles doesn't mean that they weren't there. We all know this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        Did anybody catch Kerry chastizing Bush for taking troops away from the Osama hunt and using them for Iraq?

I ask because at the end of that rant, Kerry said this, "we need more troops there (and he was referring to Iraq)."

If you picked up on it, you could see that Kerry realized the inconsistency of what he just said with a hesitant micro-reaction with his face and voice, but I don't think too many people caught it.
        When I saw him make that expression, I turned to the girl next to me and asked her if she caught it and she said no. She's blonde. But I caught it.

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
          I think Bush was very weak, right from the begining Kerry handed him his ass on a platter. He still cant come up with a good awnser to why he went about the B.S war in Iraq the way he did. He's such a dumbass he cant even give a speech without pausing for 10 seconds. I hate him and want him gone
          The unfortunate aspect of a globally broadcast television debate is that haplessly the attention is focused on the superficial debating skills of the opponents and not the core character and the expressed convictions of those opponents. And, unfortunately many Americans contruct the foundation for the basis of their opinions upon these superficial qualities.

Do I wish Bush was a little better at enunciating his syllables? Sure, but the way a person speaks has no correlation to their capacity to run this country properly. And it is sad that some narrow minded superficial individuals could think so.

I once knew a woman who experienced a major stroke and was unfortunately left with a severe speech impediment. You could barely make out each word she spoke. But she was an extremely intelligent, courageous, and ambitious woman. There was a passion in her eyes that was unmistakable.

Do you think for one second that her family ever considered her any less of a woman because of her inability to speak normally? Think about it.

A wise individual will form an opinion of someones character by listening to their heart and not their tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
            I completely agree with this analogy. It's the same analogy I have used toward this issue. I'm so tired of the politicians and the media saying that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Anyone with a shred of common sense knows damn good and well that there were WMD. Just because the UN inspectors weren't able to provide the world with hundreds of biologoical warfare missles doesn't mean that they weren't there. We all know this.
            And getting permission from France is like asking for the junkie's authorization!
            1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean 94z28
              And getting permission from France is like asking for the junkie's authorization!
              No doubt!

Comment

Ya know, I wouldn't put it past those white flag wavin, back stabbing, coisant eating surrender monkies for one second to have helped Iraq get rid of the WMD's before the inspectors went in. I have no use for France.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Comment

Comment

Who else here feels that Bush has no chance? I'm voting Bush no matter what. So it takes im a couple of seconds to collect his thoughts and put them in a sentence- so what? The same thing happens to me all the time and i'm not an idiot. Neither is he. It irritates me that everyone like Howard Stern and just about every teacher i've had are totally against him. Last year, the teachers literally made us go find things that we felt Bush should be impeached for. I know he's against a draft but that doesn't even matter. If your country needs you, you do your part. I feel that i can trust Bush. He seems straightforward and honest. I don't feel that i can trust Kerry for one second. With all the damage that's been done by the media, Howard Stern and high schools all over, i don't think George W. can pull it off
                        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                        SOLD- Kinda miss it
                        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                        SOLD- Good riddance!
                        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Did anybody see how many times Bush blinked during his "Final Though"? I did. 289 times precisily , nervous man...
                          -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by lt14mla
                            Did anybody see how many times Bush blinked during his "Final Though"? I did. 289 times precisily , nervous man...
                            Wanna talk nervous. Did you happen to see Kerry's speech during the Democratic Convention? He was sweating like a pig!

Don't worry guys. The polls still show Bush with a lead in the votes, and I suspect that this lead will grow in the near future as the people of our nation rise to elect thew painfully obvious right man. W . Don't get caught up in all the sensationailzed hype that Kerry is making his move and that George W. is losing ground. Just make sure you get your (_!_) to the booth and vote Bush. Make sure to encourage all of your friends as well.

Comment

Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                                Is it just me, or are your images not posting up correctly?

1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Working...
                                X