N*F*B: Opinions on the Debate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
    Is it just me, or are your images not posting up correctly?
    The images are working, they just don't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
      The images are working, they just don't make sense.
      Not if you understand what is going on. People that are casual observers of current events make pictures like these. There isn't an ounce of similarities between Poland of the 1930s and Iraq of the 1990s. For that matter the same can be said about Germany and the US. Hitler didn't give Poland back to the people like the US has done. And if you can compare Bush to Hitler, you have to put Clinton in there too. Clinton ordered and attack on Iraq too. Kerry was right there defending Clinton.

The biggest problem is these people have a vote and one of their votes cancels out my vote. They need to pass some law that uneducated people in political affairs should not be allowed to vote. How sad.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        Not if you understand what is going on. People that are casual observers of current events make pictures like these.
        Actually I was referring to the pics that DJTaso was posting since the word "your" used by AmericanZ28 was directed towards DJ:

There isn't an ounce of similarities between Poland of the 1930s and Iraq of the 1990s. For that matter the same can be said about Germany and the US. Hitler didn't give Poland back to the people like the US has done. And if you can compare Bush to Hitler, you have to put Clinton in there too. Clinton ordered and attack on Iraq too. Kerry was right there defending Clinton.

The biggest problem is these people have a vote and one of their votes cancels out my vote. They need to pass some law that uneducated people in political affairs should not be allowed to vote. How sad.
        I agree with most of what you say. Most of these anti-Bush pictures and slogans are from hardcore liberals who are so narrow minded they only have one hemisphere of their brain. They keep insisting that Bush is lying to us yet they have yet to articulate one single lie he has expressed!

While it probably would be a good thing to not allow uneducated people like this to vote, that would not be true to our democracy. And that is one of the unfortunate things about a democracy is that people like this are allowed to vote. Just imagine how many people will be voting for Kerry simply out of an unfounded spite towards Bush. Very sad times indeed.

This is why all of us Bush supporters must rise to the occasion!! We cannot afford to allow Kerry to slither into office. Terrorists are just a the day, especially with his global policy on pre-emptive war! Don't get me started on that one.

Comment

Actually I was referring to the pics that DJTaso was posting since the word "your" used by AmericanZ28 was directed towards DJ:
          Ah. I'm not fully awake yet.

While it probably would be a good thing to not allow uneducated people like this to vote, that would not be true to our democracy. And that is one of the unfortunate things about a democracy is that people like this are allowed to vote. Just imagine how many people will be voting for Kerry simply out of an unfounded spite towards Bush. Very sad times indeed.
          Yea I wasn't serious. It's just frustrating to have the uneducated voter cancel the vote of an educated voter. I was thinking maybe we should make the vote a "fill in the blank" rather than a "multiple choice". This would eliminate some of the uneducated voters. Just a thought.

If someone has studied the current situation and still wants to vote for Kerry that is fine with me. I will support that vote. The problem is, I have never talked to a person that really knows all of the details with what is going on. The don't understand the involvement in France and the UN using the oil for food program to make over 10 billion dollars for them. They were bought. They didn't want the Iraq stalemate to end. Now thanks to that money going away and the O'Reilly led boycott on France, their economy is in a full fledge double digit recession. Too bad. Also the liberals do not understand the alliance that Iraq had with Al Quada. There is more than enough evidence that Iraq was actively helping Al Quada. Even the 9-11 commission admitted this. The liberals are conveniently ignoring this because it does not support their agenda.

I did hear something I thought was interesting on CNN right after the debate. CNN was interviewing retired general Tommy Franks when they asked him why the US didn't go after Bin Ladden when he was cornered in Tora Bora. The general said that he was getting several reports every day that Bin Ladden was in (he named a bunch of areas in Afghanistan and Pakistan that I can't even begin to spell correctly). He said there was no more creditable evidence that Bin Ladden was in Tora Bora than anywhere else. The interesting thing about this subject is that Kerry has been bashing Bush on not getting a coalition to help with Iraq, then, when the US asked Afghanistan to handle Tora Bora, Kerry said that we "out sourced" the operation. If we sat back and let Great Britain, Poland, and Australia handle Iraq and they failed, would Kerry have said that we "out sourced" the operation? and on top of that, Kerry wants Bilateral talks with North Korea when we currently have a multi nation coalition working on this. This seams awfully hypocritical to me.

I'm not a real big supporter of some of Bush's domestic agenda. I could spit nails when it comes to border protection. I would probably vote libertarian except they don't support being on the offense when it comes to the war on terror. I don't want to be on defense in a war. Wait to get hit then react. This election is too important to put in the hands of someone who will not be proactive on the war on terror.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

I'm not a real big supporter of some of Bush's domestic agenda. I could spit nails when it comes to border protection. I would probably vote libertarian except they don't support being on the offense when it comes to the war on terror. I don't want to be on defense in a war. Wait to get hit then react. This election is too important to put in the hands of someone who will not be proactive on the war on terror.
            I found a picture for that too!
            1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

I found a picture for that too!
              That's pretty good!

Comment

What????? This is the kind of attitude that proves to me that we should just let the terrorists and our enemies blow up this country...apparently we don't care.

Hitler had two goals...global expansion and a cleansed race of WASPS. Bush has two goals...to carry out his job as commander and chief and protect the rights of the citizens of the US...something he is doing, period, regardless if wins the popularity contest or not. Only a society with a conscience tries to rebuild as we are doing in Iraq. I don't see the US marching the Arabs off to the gas chamber and concentration camps as Hitler did to the Eastern Europeans and Jews. This is craziness...I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that 9/11 would have absolutely no meaning to the people of this country and they would go back to their apathetic lives.
                '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

This looks like an interesting thread. I havent read much of it as I just got back from my roadtrip. I will say one thing related to the upcoming election. If your a Kerry supporter or on the fence, read the book "Unfit for Command". I started reading it and its unbelieveable. If your thinking of supporting this guy, you owe it to our country to read it and if you still support him, then I dont know what to say. Its written by the people that served with him in the Navy in his supposed (but not even close) two tours in Nam. Its an eye opener and really exposes his character (or lack of it). There's so many references and confirmation from about 80% of the people he served with. Its undeniable. It easy reading and im a 1/4 way through after only an hour or two of reading.
                  96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                  11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

This link says how I feel better than I could possibly word it:

McCain's RNC speech

"The sacrifices borne in our defense are not shared equally by all Americans.
                    But all Americans must share a resolve to see this war through to a just end.
                    We must not be complacent at moments of success, and we must not despair over setbacks.
                    We must learn from our mistakes, improve on our successes, and vanquish this unpardonable enemy.
                    If we do less, we will fail the one mission no American generation has ever failed
                    to provide to our children a stronger, better country than the one we were blessed to inherit.
                    Remember how we felt when the serenity of a bright September morning was destroyed by a savage atrocity so hostile to all human virtue we could scarcely imagine any human being capable of it.
                    We were united. First, in sorrow and anger. Then in recognition we were attacked not for a wrong we had done, but for who we are a people united in a kinship of ideals, committed to the notion that the people are sovereign, not governments, not armies, not a pitiless, inhumane theocracy, not kings, mullahs or tyrants, but the people.
                    In that moment, we were not different races.
                    We were not poor or rich. We were not Democrat or Republican, liberal or conservative. We were not two countries.
                    We were Americans. "
                    "My friends, we are again met on the field of political competition with our fellow countrymen. It is more than appropriate, it is necessary that even in times of crisis we have these contests,
                    and engage in spirited disagreement over the shape and course of our government.
                    We have nothing to fear from each other. We are arguing over the means to better secure our freedom, and promote the general welfare. But it should remain an argument among friends who share an unshaken belief in our great cause, and in the goodness of each other.
                    We are Americans first, Americans last, Americans always. Let us argue our differences.
                    But remember we are not enemies, but comrades in a war against a real enemy, and take courage from the knowledge that our military superiority is matched only by the superiority of our ideals, and our unconquerable love for them.
                    Our adversaries are weaker than us in arms and men, but weaker still in causes. They fight to express a hatred for all that is good in humanity.
                    We fight for love of freedom and justice, a love that is invincible. Keep that faith. Keep your courage. Stick together. Stay strong.
                    Do not yield. Do not flinch. Stand up. Stand up with our President and fight.
                    We're Americans.
                    We're Americans, and we'll never surrender.
                    They will. "

I don't think anyone can question this guys service record. He has sacrificed more than we can imagine. McCain would work Kerry over in a debate.

Sean
                    1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Working...
                    X