Removing dent from bumper?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing dent from bumper?

A little while back I was driving through town at about 25 mph and a deer jump out in front of me. I stopped before I hit the deer, but another one that was following it ran into the side of my car. My car had a small crack in it right above the left turn signal where the bumper meets the fender. I could see that the deer left a little bit of an indention right there too. I decided to buy a whole new fender (which probably wasn't necessary, but little things like that bother me). Now that I have the new fender on I can still see the indention. I took it back to the place that replaced the fender and asked them about it. They said it was just the way it is and pointed out that there was a whole new fender on there. I think that it's the bumper that's a little dented right there, but I don't understand how that could be. Isn't the bumper made of plastic? How do you think I should go about fixing it? From the inside the dent is right where that iron bar is. thanx for your help.
    1993 Formula - 99k
    Throttle body bypass, K&N FIPK II, SLP Loudmouth, Mad Z28 Chip, 3.73 motives, TPI airfoil, Spohn LCA relocation brackets, Fuddle 3200 Stall, B&M Supercooler, LS1 driveshaft, and chrome ZR1's 17"/9.5" and 17/11" in the back!!!

you do know that even the front fenders are plastic on that car right? you may have colapsed the bracket under the fender that holds it and the bumper in place. it costs about $20 from gm, just spray bomb it and put it in, takes about and hour and you dont need to remove the fender just the bumper.
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Plastic fender

Plastic or not plastic, it still had a small crack in it. What do you mean by spray bomb?
      1993 Formula - 99k
      Throttle body bypass, K&N FIPK II, SLP Loudmouth, Mad Z28 Chip, 3.73 motives, TPI airfoil, Spohn LCA relocation brackets, Fuddle 3200 Stall, B&M Supercooler, LS1 driveshaft, and chrome ZR1's 17"/9.5" and 17/11" in the back!!!

Comment

Off of the shelf Spray Paint. I feel like a clarica adviser. LOL

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade
        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by blackfire93
          Plastic or not plastic, it still had a small crack in it. What do you mean by spray bomb?
          i understand it had a crack in it, what i am saying is that in order to be out of its normal shape, it would have to be the mounting bracket that is right near where you say its dented and cracked. as far as spray bomb, i mean get the duplicolor spray paint that matches your car and spray the bracket with that. its not a visible piece, but it would be nice to have it the same color, and its not worth paying a body shop to change or paint it.
          2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
          1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
          past rides:
          1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
          2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
          1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
          2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
          2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
          1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
          1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
          1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

thanx for the help. Is it possible to see the bracket without taking off the bumper?
            1993 Formula - 99k

Comment

Working...
            X