new to f-bodies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to f-bodies

I just bought a 1996 ws6 t/a and my ses, abs inop, brake, tcs off lights are all on. The car has bbk equal length headers, heads have been ported polished and cnc'd, it has dual 2.5" inch exaust all the way back, throttle body has been bored. It has an auto tranny with the lt1. my question is, is that its kinda slow. I didnt know with the ses light on if the computer is not letting the computer run right with the headers, exaust, and headwork. Is there anything i can do to make it run correctly? someone had said something about closed loop or open loop sumthin or other with the computer..??.. any idea?
    1996 Firebird Trans Am ws-6 a4
    BBK headers
    3in. Exaust with flow 80
    Port and Polished Heads
    58mill Throttle Body
    Lowered an inch
    2:73s... 3:42 goin in soon
    2001 S-10
    Air-Ride - SOLD
    2003 S10
    Lowered 6 inches
    2005 HD sportster 1200 custom
    Drag bars
    Lowered 3 inches

First we need to know what code the ses light is signaling. If its something like the MAF or something, that can be the reason right there.

If you want your mods to operate properly with the PCM, you may want to have it reflashed to match your mods. I would suggest Ian at madz28.com. He is pretty inexpensive and does a nice job.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

or just throw a Carb on that Lt1 and be a man.
      1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
      2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
        or just throw a Carb on that Lt1 and be a man.

uhhhhh........no.

96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Having all the dash warning lights on simultaneously can be the sign of a problem with the electrical system, low system voltage, and the engine grounds. Did you buy it with all the dash lights on, or did they just come on one by one as you drove it?
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

That's a nice screaming chicken on the hood. Is it painted or a decal?

You should go to Autozone. They will let you scan the codes in the computer for free. That would be my first starting point, before anything else.

Comment

painted, and i bought the car with all the lights on, they never go off, always on.
              1996 Firebird Trans Am ws-6 a4
              BBK headers
              3in. Exaust with flow 80
              Port and Polished Heads
              58mill Throttle Body
              Lowered an inch
              2:73s... 3:42 goin in soon
              2001 S-10
              Air-Ride - SOLD
              2003 S10
              Lowered 6 inches
              2005 HD sportster 1200 custom
              Drag bars
              Lowered 3 inches

Comment

The price you apyed sounds fair. It is a great looking car! enjoy!

It would be a good idea to see what codes are stored in the PCM to start.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
                X