turbo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo

http://www.ststurbo.com turbocharge installed under the car not under the hood is that works better ? because i never knew or see one like that.
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
    SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
    Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

linginfelter used to put the twin turbos for the corvette behind the rear wheels so i guess it works well

Comment

1sickbird - STS turbo gets rave reviews from its customers on ls1tech.com.

It isn't the best turbo out there, but it is great on the wallet.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

There realy isnt much room in our cars for it, i have seen many people custom fab twin turbo steups etc . . . and alot of the time when the turbos are mounted up front the manifolds wind up hanging over the valce covers n crazy stuff like that. so i guess it makes sense to mount the setup in the rear i just dont know how much i like the idea . . .
        -Nick-
        95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
          There realy isnt much room in our cars for it, i have seen many people custom fab twin turbo steups etc . . . and alot of the time when the turbos are mounted up front the manifolds wind up hanging over the valce covers n crazy stuff like that. so i guess it makes sense to mount the setup in the rear i just dont know how much i like the idea . . .
          What about lag??? I guess its a big enough turbo that there isnt very much lag running everything all the way to the rear???
          1996 Z28 body, the rest...drag car

Comment

Oddly enough, they say that lag really isn't a huge problem with it...

Look it up in the "forced induction" section of ls1tech. www.ls1tech.com
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

interesting....
              1996 Z28 body, the rest...drag car

Comment

over the past week i have gotten to drive various turbo'd cars. aslong as u drive the car properly lag really is not an issue ofcourse i did not drive the cars properly thats how i know =) lol it takes alot of getting used to but the owners of the cars really could put on a show

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28

I have twins on my 2001 z28 and the new turbo manifolds were up a little higher than the stockers. This caused a clearance issue with the coils still mounted on the valve covers. The plug wires were touching on the hot pipes and burning through. The coil relocation kit from Thunder Racing solved that problem.

Comment

There was a guy locally who did the STS recently on a stock 2002 WS6 CE. He was saying that he has full boost by 2800rpm and that he probably picked up 100 hp. The install only took about 8 hours(first time, should get it down to 4-4.5 hrs). He was saying that he pulled on a 2003 Viper from a roll I really like the idea of the rear turbo and think that when I get enough money I will have one installed. Even if it gives you 5 hp, the sound that the exhaust makes in sooooo sweet and well worth it . When full boost hits it sounds super sexy
                    97 SS #C007
                    Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                    SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

A guy I know recently had one installed this weekend, Far more reliable tune than his D1 procarger with intercoolers. It is still early and no good tune yet, he ran only 9lbs of boost (at 2500 or so rpms ) .. safe to say it has enough power in Fourth Gear to launch a radar detector from the window and cut his passengers wrist. He has a forged LS6 block, and plans for an even better block. He runs an intercooler to boot with on top of the regular package. He says this system is far easier to tune, and blows his 630rwhp D1 procharger setup out of the water Of course this is just installed. It will be interesting to see how his setup will do with proper tuning
                      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                      pics and info

Comment

Working...
                      X