No announcement yet.

Anyone with High mileage 4th gen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here's my two cents! Just shy of 120,000!

1) 43k Pass. Power window went out
    2) 77k Plugs and Wires
    3) 78k Fan Relay, Low coolent sensor (didn't change out the coolent as per manual)
    4) 85k Water pump replaced after I noticed a slight leak
    5) 85k New rotor and cap for opti (because the water pump was being replaced anyway)
    6) 95k Tranny mount breaks
    7) 98k Rear end rebuilt while changing rear gears
    8) 106k EGR valve & Solenoid
    9) 109k Driver power window
    10) 118k Starter replaced

Not too bad...All in all, it's always been able to move under it's own power, with the exception of the starter of course.

[edit]corrected milage figures
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

that reminds me...my passenger side window is going up slower than my driver side...but that's been over a year... for it to go to...but still strong...

one other thing..my car loves to eat bulbs...my turn signals go out every other week. They get so hot the housing melted and condensation causes the bulbs to bust...ordered new ones from yearone so that'll cure that...

I think that's it...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

166k here and she still runs low 13's. If you take care of them they will take car of you. Although ive been thru 2 clutches and 2 rear gears it was all for the good though cuz i got my 4.10

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
        Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

heres my list...
          95 Z28 A4 111,000 on clock

70k water pump
          75k passenger side plastic tank radiator
          80k plugs and wires and pads on all 4
          90k intake leak + rear main seal
          100k fuel pump
          still got original opti.....
          eddie
          1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

135,500 on mine and I bought it brand new in 97 with less than 9 miles on it. It runs better now than when new, mostly due to careful thought to the bolts ons added. I have driven the heck out of this car and it's had more quarter mile passes than Linda Vaughn. It's all in how well you maintain the car.

Opti went out at 96K.
            plugs and wires at 105K.
            broke the low sprag, rebuild the 4L60E at 112K miles.
            Added 3.73 gears and rebuilt rear end with new seals (not really needed, but once you are in there it pays in the long run) at 112K miles.
            Water pump and headgaskets at 122K.

When I opened it up to do the head gaskets, the factory cylinder hone still looked perfect with no visible wear. That's Mobil 1 synthetic changed every 2500 to 3000 miles. I am impressed with how it took 100K miles of hard abuse before anything really went wrong. No problems since the last repair and I regularly take it through the gears.

Comment

Hi milage Z

I've have 124,000 on my 1995Z-28 Convt. The top has been replaced, sure wish GM could use better material on their tops. And those 10 bolt rearends are not strong enough for an F-body. I never abuse my car, and my grand kids nor any of my 8 kids ever drive it. The posi went out twice, last time it had 20K miles on it, so in went a 12 Bolt Currie, with 3:73 Eatron posi.. The 4L60E tranny had a Transgo shift kit installed and extra clutch pak, corvette servo, kevlar band. Kenny Brown sub-frame connector, 3"cat-back, Wings West Spoiler, 2" cowl hood. Get back to the question of hi milage F-body, their fun to drive. no problems,except the top and the 10 bolt. So keep them maintained and have fun folks. Tooele, Utah

Comment

Closing in on 250,000 miles. Bought her new in Feb. 1994. Same usual repairs as everyone else, original factory clutch made 130k. Changed the engine at 236k (it was still running). Just needs a little refreshing! But my boychild will get to invest his time and money into that.
                The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Working...
                X