N*F*B: It's official!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
    I can tell you what has divided the country. It's the media. The media has bashed Bush relentlessly. The population follows what the media says like little baby ducks. Look at the polls over time. What other reason could there be for his numbers to drop like it does. Let me put it this way. What would have happened if there was no press to make up these crap stories. What if the media had been pro Bush? If the people reads story after story of how we are doing a good thing in Iraq. What if they kept re-showing the twin towers being hit and falling instead of rerunning the Bush didn't fulfill his military service. What if they kept re-showing the mass graves instead the coffins of dead soldiers in the cargo plane. Think about that. Bush would have gotten 90% of the votes.
    I agree. I had typed up a lot more of my opinion on that subject and when I got ready to post it, the power kicked off and I lost it. So I will take that as a sign to shut up

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
      Why do you say that?
      This is the reason,

http://homepage.mac.com/duffyb/nobus...heater233.html
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
        All of the "same reasons" have been totally debunked on this forum. As I said before, it is on record, a democrat introduced the bill and the only 2 senators that voted for it were democrats. It is a scare tactic. Just like "the republicans will take away your social security if you vote for them." It is made up by the democratic party to get you to vote for them. It looks like it worked too.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
          Get ready for a draft.
          It's every bit as likely that Bush will allow a draft as it would have been for Kerry to outlaw abortions.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

It's already happening

"CBS MarketWatch
            U.S. stocks end higher on Bush re-election
            Wednesday November 3, 4:25 pm ET
            By Mark Cotton

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) -- Blue chips posted a triple-digit gain Wednesday and the Nasdaq closed above the 2,000 level for the first time in four months after President George Bush won a second term of office.
            ADVERTISEMENT

The market however surrendered some of its early gains as investors locked in profits and oil prices spiked higher in late-day trading.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI - News) ended up 101.32 points, or 1 percent, at 10,137.05, after hitting a session high of 10,215.51 in the opening minutes of trading.

Within the benchmark index, Pfizer (NYSE:PFE - News) climbed 2.6 percent, as analysts viewed a likely Bush victory as a positive factor for the industry. Fellow drug makers and Dow components Merck (NYSE:MRK - News) and Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ - News) were up 4 percent and 2.4 percent respectively.

Among other notable gainers, Altria (NYSE:MO - News) was up 2.9 percent and Boeing (NYSE:BA - News) rose 2.6 percent.

On the negative side, McDonald's (NYSE:MCD - News) slipped 3 cents to $29.16 as a broker downgrade weighed on the stock.

The Nasdaq Composite Index (NasdaqSC:^IXIC - News) rose 19.50 points, or 1 percent, to 2,004.33.

The S&P 500 Index (CBOE:^SPX - News) was up 12.64 points, or 1.1 percent, at 1,143.20.

Stocks soared in morning trading as President Bush looked set to clinch a second term as President of the United States.

"It's an instinctive Bush rally," said Jim Awad, chairman of Awad Asset Management. "The market likes lower taxes, the market likes less government interference, the market likes privatization."

In addition, Wall Street is pleased with expanded Republican control of Congress, which would make it easier for President Bush to push through his policies, said Awad.

"People who have too much cash are putting money into the market," said Awad. "I expect that we will refocus on the fundamentals when we get to fourth quarter earnings as they start to roll in in December but right now people are going to push hard to have an 'up' year and be fully invested."

A historical perspective of the market's performance on the first day of trading following a presidential election offered a mixed picture on how today's action would play out.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average has ended higher on the session after only two of the last six presidential races, according to data compiled by Dow Jones Indexes and Wilshire Associates.

Once the election dust has settled however, the Dow's performance takes a turn for the better.

A month later, the benchmark index was posting gains after four of the last six presidential elections.

Senator John Kerry conceded the election in a phone call to President Bush.

The Democratic challenger then formally acknowledged defeat in a speech to cheering supporters at Boston's Faneuil Hall.

Kerry's concession came after he realized he could not win the key battleground state of Ohio.

Bush, who lost the popular vote to Vice President Al Gore in 2000, led Kerry by 3.52 million votes, or 51 percent to 48 percent. Bush is the first candidate to win a majority of the votes since his father did it in 1988.

Stocks however pared gains in afternoon trading.

"I think it's profit taking," said Michael Metz, chief investment strategist at Oppenheimer & Co. "We've had a good week and if you're going to grab it and run, today's the day to do it."

"Oil is a factor too, starting out weak and then rallying." "
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro4-2
              w00t!
              from a USAF Troop and bush supporter
              I dont have to move to canada!!!!! yES!
              Whoo hoo!!! I can move back home from Canada!! I am happy for the pres and the country. Back to business.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by ONLNTM5
                I’m sorry, but I have to be critical of Kerry at least one more time, because I think it’s a subject worth mentioning. Earlier, when Kerry called Bush to concede the presidency, he showed his well known, gall and disrespect for Bush. He said that Bush needed to do something about the division in this country. That annoys me, because apparently Kerry didn’t notice that Bush not only won the electoral vote, but also the popular vote. He has gotten more votes, than any candidate running for the presidency, since 1988, when his father held the record. Now, that tells me that more people are united, than ever before! How else would Bush have gotten so many votes-more than anyone in American history? Its people like Kerry and Edwards, that promote division in this country, and stir up trouble, with falsehoods. Face it Kerry, you are wrong about this country being more divided than ever before. Saying it doesn’t make it so. I would imagine the world sees it as America being the “UNITED” States of America, instead of the “DIVIDED” States of America.
                Might the record voter turn out have something to do with the new popular vote record? How about the increase in population and eligible voters? You make it seem like Bush won by a land-slide. Have you looked at the percentages? This was a pretty close race for the most part, and could have gone either way in the end! Also, you're implying that the 2-3% difference between Kerry and Bush shows how united we are. Can you explain this to me a little further? I wouldn't exactly say that we're devided, but people definitely had their differences this election year. Finally, Kerry wasn't running for president so that he could drag this country through the dirt, and bring us to tyranny! His intentions were good, as are Bush's! I would have liked to see someone different run the country for the next four years, but it didnt happen. I accept the loss, and trust that Bush will do whats right for this country! As long as we have a president that is looking out for our fundamental freedoms and rights, as well as our way of life, there is nothing to fear!
                1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                  Finally, Kerry wasn't running for president so that he could drag this country through the dirt, and bring us to tyranny! His intentions were good, as are Bush's! I would have liked to see someone different run the country for the next four years, but it didnt happen. I accept the loss, and trust that Bush will do whats right for this country! As long as we have a president that is looking out for our fundamental freedoms and rights, as well as our way of life, there is nothing to fear!
                  Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                    Might the record voter turn out have something to do with the new popular vote record? How about the increase in population and eligible voters? You make it seem like Bush won by a land-slide. Have you looked at the percentages? This was a pretty close race for the most part, and could have gone either way in the end! Also, you're implying that the 2-3% difference between Kerry and Bush shows how united we are. Can you explain this to me a little further? I wouldn't exactly say that we're devided, but people definitely had their differences this election year. Finally, Kerry wasn't running for president so that he could drag this country through the dirt, and bring us to tyranny! His intentions were good, as are Bush's! I would have liked to see someone different run the country for the next four years, but it didnt happen. I accept the loss, and trust that Bush will do whats right for this country! As long as we have a president that is looking out for our fundamental freedoms and rights, as well as our way of life, there is nothing to fear!
                    Might the record voter turn out have something to do with the new popular vote record?
                    Yes-

How about the increase in population and eligible voters?
                    Yes-

You make it seem like Bush won by a land-slide.
                    What’s your definition of a landslide? Anyway, I never said landslide.

Have you looked at the percentages?
                    I must admit that I have not looked at the percentages, nor have I heard about any percentages. Maybe you can inform us?

This was a pretty close race for the most part, and could have gone either way in the end!
                    Yes, it could have gone either way.

Also, you're implying that the 2-3% difference between Kerry and Bush shows how united we are. Can you explain this to me a little further?
                    Well, all that I can go by at this point, is what I have seen on the news over the past 2 days, which is what I have already stated:
                    “because apparently Kerry didn’t notice that Bush not only won the electoral vote, but also the popular vote. He has gotten more votes, than any candidate running for the presidency, since 1988, when his father held the record. Now, that tells me that more people are united, than ever before! How else would Bush have gotten so many votes-more than anyone in American history? Its people like Kerry and Edwards, that promote division in this country, and stir up trouble, with falsehoods. Face it Kerry, you are wrong about this country being more divided than ever before. Saying it doesn’t make it so. I would imagine the world sees it as America being the “UNITED” States of America, instead of the “DIVIDED” States of America.

I wouldn't exactly say that we're devided, but people definitely had their differences this election year.
                    Yes they definitely had their differences, just like they (we) have always had, since the inception of this country. But somehow, we became the “United” States of America, except during the Civil War, and we still were able to work that one out, because in the end, this is THE United States of America.

Finally, Kerry wasn't running for president so that he could drag this country through the dirt, and bring us to tyranny!
                    Neither was Bush.

His intentions were good, as are Bush's!
                    Yes, but have you ever heard the expression “The road to hell is paved with good intentions”

I would have liked to see someone different run the country for the next four years, but it didnt happen.
                    Maybe you could elaborate on why you would like to see someone “different” run this country for the next four years? Maybe we should have elected Ralph Nader? (My opinion is that different is not necessarily better-that’s just me though)

I accept the loss, and trust that Bush will do whats right for this country! As long as we have a president that is looking out for our fundamental freedoms and rights, as well as our way of life, there is nothing to fear!
                    You have nothing to fear. How safe have you been since 9/11? No one can predict exactly what the future holds, though.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Most of the military, that were polled, voted for and completely support Bush. Most say that they completely understand the mission, and don’t want to have to go back to Iraq in 10 years. They want to finish it now, “whatever it takes”.
                    Bush is not a president or a person for that matter, that does what’s popular. He does what’s necessary, and I trust him to do so, because he has some of the best advisors in the world at his disposal, and has already proven that he can step up to the challenges of the presidency. The difference between Bush and Kerry, is that Bush takes a stand, and Kerry takes the most popular position. There have been 9 presidents in office, since I was born, the first being JFK, who had been in office only 5 months. I don’t remember JFK, but I do remember the rest of them, and I have come to respect the ones who are strong, and take a stand for what is right, and don’t let the rest of the world dictate our policy. With Bush, what you see, is what you get, and if you don’t like that, well, that is what makes you human. Bush can’t be everything to everybody. Also, it takes all kinds to make the world go around, Bush, Kerry, you and me (and even Jay). I approve of Bush, because I think that he has excellent qualifications for the job, unlike Kerry.

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Working...
                    X