Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody want to pay $20 for a Fernco connector?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you !! Used a combination of

Metal snips

Electric Jigsaw

Hachsaw

Hacksaw blade[no handle]

Sand paper.

Looks great,can"t wait for the K & N to arrive from STEALTHPERF !!!!!
    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

My car is not street driven in the rain. There are no baffles left in the SLP Ram Air HO hood. The slats have been cut out. I use the Fernco coupling. I have no MAF, since I run an aftermarket speed-denstiy setup.

The guys that built my engine received the airbox from SLP while I was working in Italy. They didn't even ask... they just cut the slats out because they though the cover was too restrictive. Remember, I have to flow enough air for ~500HP NA.

Back to the original topic.... Someone sent me a link to yet another ebay auction by a different person using a picture of my car to sell the Fernco. There was positive feedback from many people praising the great product this guy was selling. Some of them paid OVER $20 + shipping for the d@mn $6 Home Depot items, and were ranting about how pleased they were. Anyone who bought on based on the picture of my engine got any e-mail from me explaining they had just paid about 5X the reall cost of the part. Maybe they will realize these people are just ripping them off.

There are endless people out there selling stuff on ebay for high $$$ that you can buy for mere pennies yourself. Do NOT even consider paying for:

-IAT sensor tricker (a 50-cent resistor for $8)

-skip shift eliminator (another 50-cent resistor for big $$$)

-an adjustable TPS sensor (a stock piece, about $30, but with the screw slots drilled out, and costing $60).

-a throttle body bypass kit (a $1 barbed 3/8" connector for about $10).

-a CD with "secret free mods"... not so secret. This guy ripped off people like Brent Franker, Keith at ws6.com and myself using "how to" articles from our websites, put them on a CD and was selling them for $40. You can look at all this stuff for FREE on the web.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thank you !!!!!

Thanks for the heads up about Ebay also !!!!!
        94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Working...
        X