No announcement yet.

NFB: What do you guys do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is best to identify whether you were being selfish or if there really is a divergence of interests. If there are major differences, it is best not to change yourself or for her to change to accommodate the relationship...it just goes bad in the long run. This is the reason that my son's mom and I are apart. I am a task oriented person that is responsible to home and building a future while she likes to hang out with friends and go out on the town. There was no middle ground between us. We tried and tried to do more of what the other wanted, but in the end we were both miserable. I guess you need to ask yourself if there was a middle ground that you didn't pursue. Anyhow, in the end, you both need to be happy. If either of you are unable to meet the other's needs, it won't work. It is better to know now then when the responsibilities come (like kids, house, marriage, etc.) In addition, if you do think there is a middle ground and you pursue resolution with her, then you need to feel that it is the right thing for you...not giving in because you miss her otherwise you will go down the same road again later on.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
    X