NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a 95 T/A with hooker longtubes, msd ignition, underdrive pulleys, cold air, 52mm tb, and jet stage 2 chip. i only drive my car in the summers and only go to the track 2 or 3 times out of summer. also only put about 1000 to 1500 miles on it(sounds kind of stupid huh) anyways have a chance to buy parts at a discounted price and need some direction so i don't blow a motor up!!!!!!!

need to know which combination will make the most power and be the safest at doing it. also keep in mind i will be rebuilding this motor when time and money is more of an option.

1. My heads ported with larger valves and either LT-4 hot cam kit or cam with duration of 234/242 and lift of 539/558 (is this cam to big of a cam)
    OR
    2. LT-1 to LT-4 conversion kit
    OR
    3. powerdyne supercharger with 4.5psi
    All choices i am going to have my computer reprogrammed by ed wright

Any advice is much appreciative

If you are looking for power, go with option 1. That cam will be plenty streetable with a good tune.

If you are looking to build a motor that has more potential in the future, go with choice 2.

The powerdyne would be a waste of time and money.

Comment

Option one would probably make the most power, although if it's a healthy motor the blower might be close, but the motor wouldn't last.
      Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Another vote for Option 1. Along with that, you will need steeper gears and also a higher stall convertor if you are running an automatic. I run a 230/242 0.590/0.590 solid roller, and the car is "docile".... smooth idle at 800rpm. The 381ci setup reduces the impact of the cam, but the one you mentioned should still be very streetable, with a good tune. But you will need the gears and stall to take advantage of the cam's upper RPM strength.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

My advice is to quit posting caps in the subject line or the post gets deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            My advice is to quit posting caps in the subject line or the post gets deleted.
            harsh. Check DeWynters latest post man

I say go lt1 to lt4 and get a big cam

It's just awesome to say you have an LT4... Kinda
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Oh yeah, Jason, I remember you saying you can get an LT4 conversion kit for $1500.... You wanna share the wealth/resource?

I'm Going to be paying around 2K. I found it online for 2100 for the complete kit, gaskets and all, and my machine shop will beat online catalogs, and tbryne will beat it +15%, so... But where are you getting it for $1500?

Share the knowledge!
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                harsh. Check DeWynters latest post man

I say go lt1 to lt4 and get a big cam

It's just awesome to say you have an LT4... Kinda
                not "harsh"....."man"..... rules.

what Joe said.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                  not "harsh"....."man"..... rules.

what Joe said.
                  Just noting the fact that when a mod does it, it's not a big deal, that's all. Hypocrocies never did sit well with me

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                    Just noting the fact that when a mod does it, it's not a big deal, that's all. Hypocrocies never did sit well with me
                    Whoops, thought he was a mod, my bad!

Comment

Working...
                    X