No announcement yet.

Removal of Ground Effects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took the factory ground effects off of my son's 97 Firebird, because they were damaged. It was very easy to do. The hard part was getting the rivets out of the brackets that hold the ground effects on. I tried drilling them, and ended up using a grinder to grind the heads off. Anyway, with his, there were screws along the bottom of the skirt, and I just removed them, and the ground effects lift right off of the brackets, in an upward direction. You end up with holes from the rivets though, that have to be filled in and the section repainted. BTW, how much do want for them + the brackets?

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

I would just leave them on. I think the gfx on Firebirds look nice.
      96' Camaro Z28
      Loaded A4, 3.73 Gears, Blue Metalflake Paint, Corvette Rims, SS Hood, WW Ground Effects

Comment

camaro chic, bad ace ride you got there. Love the color and hood.

I'll bet he leaves the effects on.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

They're kind of faded so that's irritating but in general, i just think the car looks better without them. My car is red, the side skirts are kind of a pinkish. Looks like sunfade. If i do take them off, i'd need to hold on to them in case i ever do decide to sell the car (which will hopefully never happen). I'm sure whomever was buying it would want them. The side skirts are just about the ONLY thing that i don't like about this car. I'd love a ram air hood too. Before i get ahead of myself and spend $600- 1000+, i need to do a basic tune up. Not to go too far off topic but- I hit 71,000 miles and i still have the original plugs and wires in there. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to clean up the K&N filter either. A tune up would probably boost my gas mileage by quite a bit. Anyhow, i guess if i can take them off, i can put them back on too. If i ever get around to taking off the side skirts, i'll just see how it goes with my car. Sure it looks great on the Formula and base model but maybe my car will look different since the front and rear bumpers are different. I'm hoping that this isn't another project that i never get around to . Luckily, school is almost done for this semester and i have a month until the next semester starts. I'll get to do tons of stuff that i have no time for now. In the last 5 months, i've seen my dad maybe 4 times. I worked something like 41 hours or maybe even more and in addition to that, i have school, homework, papers, etc. I'm always busy but that just makes me appreciate my days off that much more. Thanks for the input guys and sorry if i went off on a rant.
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
          X