Stock fuel system ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock fuel system ?

have 95 T/A with hooker longtubes, x pipe, msd ignition, cold air, underdrive pulleys, jet stage 2 chip, shift kit, 52mm tb,
    going to be doing a top end on my car. my heads ported with 2.02/1.60 valves, cam 234/242 lift 539/558
    will my stock fuel system hold this upgrade or will i need injectors. and will a custom tune also solve this problem.
    also read in mag where they done about the same thing and used .100 longer pushrods. is this something i am going to need or will stock be ok and can i get away with using a cheaper timing chain if i am converting to electric water pump or do i have to use a actual timing chain for LT-1

Much Thanx

You will better off going with a bigger injector. A 30# should be fine. You would also benefit from going with a better in-tank fuel pump as well. You will also need to have your PCM re-flashed with a tune specific to your mods.

I'm assuming you are not going to use an LT1 casting since you listed that your intake valve would be a 2.02" so depending on the overall cylinder head deck thickness, you will need to use a pushrod length checker with the heads installed. LT1/LT4 castings will normally use a 7.200" push rod (stock length) or a 7.150" push rod for a milled head.

If you plan on using a electric water pump, you can use the Cloyes double roller timing set ($80). Cloyes Double Roller Timing Set

The cam sprocket does not need to have the water pump drive anymore so the Cloyes set is perfect.

Comment

Working...
    X