Air/Heat controls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air/Heat controls

The good news is I picked my car up from the shop today, it had a new clutch and flywheel installed. When I got it back i turned on the windshield defogger and noticed it was not defogging and the air was blowing directly to my face. When ever I turn the knob that controls AC, MAX AC, vents, floor and defogger, all it does is blow from the top vents, of the other settings work. The fan control works fine, the hot and cold climate knob works too. Worked fine before it went in the shop.

Also when the fan control is on high and you switch the climate from cold to hot, it moves by itself when you start to move it!

Wondering if anyone has ever experienced this, and if you have the cure

Thanks
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Might want to mention the year and model of your car.... there are a number of different HVAC actuator systems that have been used in the 35 years that the F-Bodys were built.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

sorry about that, its a 1996 z-28
      1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Go to your "profile" (UserCP) and enter the basic info on your car into the "signature" field. That will eliminate the need to enter the info every time you ask a question.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The air divereters are vacuum operated. Somewhere you have the vacuum source unhooked or is leaking. A vacuum source is hooked to the engine and the dash controls divert the vacuum to operate the air doors to change the direction of both the air flow and temperature. Check all underhood vacuum connections.

Comment

System check
            Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks for that link Rob. I'm getting ready to check my HVAC system also, so this will help tremendously. Thanks for saving my butt again
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Thank you so much!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X