No announcement yet.

Installed the Intrax 2" drop springs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed the Intrax 2" drop springs...

I have to say I am more than pleased. The fender lip is exactly 26.5" front and back, the car sits just right. Handles like on rails too. The pic isn't the greatest, I'll get a better one when it warms up.

http://www.intraxsuspension.com/prod_springs.html
    Attached Files

Looks pretty good. I'll never understand why GM felt they needed all that space above the tires.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I agree they do look good. Are you still on the stock shocks? And isn't it always warm in Florida?
      Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

Joe, your car looks pretty good with those springs !!!
        I'd wish to live in USA, the mexican road's pavement and the bad design bumps are crap, so I'm not able to lower the car
        Congrats!
        Doc
        97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

WOW that looks amazing, and i love those wheels !!
          -Nick-
          95 A4 Z28

Comment

Those look killer.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by Barry 94Formula
              I agree they do look good. Are you still on the stock shocks? And isn't it always warm in Florida?
              The shocks are stock. We'll see what happens. I literally threw the springs on there to see if I was going to be able to deal with the ride height. It pays to be able to do all the work yourself.

As far as Florida not getting cold, that depends on where you are. From about the middle of the state and to the north, it will occationally get below freezing. This morning was in the high 40's. plenty cold for us wimpy tropical boys. It's at this time of year we get the nice, cool air and the engine does respond. Too bad we don't see this more often. In the summer, even the nights are still in the high 70s- low 80s.

Here are a couple more pics with a better lighting angle:
              Attached Files

Comment

That looks great. I hope mine looks that good with the pro-kit.
                1997 T/A A4 - 3.23's, SLP 2800 stall, JBA headers, Hooker catback, Borla Y-pipe, SLP CAI, Ported and descreened MAF, LT4 KM, 160 thermo, HPP+, TB bypass, SFC's, STB, 17X9.5 AR Torque Thrust II's, BFG KDW

Comment

Are those progressive rate springs? How does it ride now compared to the stock springs? Did you install LCA brakets and an adjustable panhard too? Sorry for all the questions Joe. I have contemplated doing mine for a long time now and am just trying to get a good understanding what parts/components people choose and of course what the overall results were.
                  Dave S
                  2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

Looks good Joe, but ... you've given up some of your traction on the hole shot.

Want to race me now???
                    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                      Looks good Joe, but ... you've given up some of your traction on the hole shot.

Want to race me now???
                      Sure.

As long as I get to use my race equipment.... I would prefer to run this way:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SS_CarGuy
                        Are those progressive rate springs? How does it ride now compared to the stock springs? Did you install LCA brakets and an adjustable panhard too? Sorry for all the questions Joe. I have contemplated doing mine for a long time now and am just trying to get a good understanding what parts/components people choose and of course what the overall results were.
                        The intrax springs http://www.intraxsuspension.com/prod_springs.html are indeed progressive rate. That gives them superior ride quality.

From their website:

INTRAX designs most of its lowering kits with progressive rates, to satisfy the two features you've asked for most. First, the lowered look. Most other brands' springs are linear rate, as this is cost-effective but doesn't necessarily provide the visual effect you desire. By designing a progressive spring, we achieve the lowered look while maintaining safety standards of spring preload at suspension droop. The second requirement is ride quality. Since most of you identified that you drove 90% of your mileage to and from work, you wanted to retain some ride quality enjoyed with OE springs. If you're driving to work on a racetrack, "Sport" or "Race" springs from other brands may be for you. INTRAX progressive springs provide high performance looks and comfortable ride quality.

INTRAX creates the finest springs, from start to finish. INTRAX springs begin the forming process with cold winding to the most exacting standards. Within two hours of forming, springs are stress relieved in an oven (not to be confused with heat treating), and then shot peened to remove surface imperfections and further relieve internal stress. This can extend service life of a spring up to 200% or more. Next, the spring is "blocked" (wound to a longer length than required, and set in a hydraulic press to obtain designed free length). This eliminates the "settling" other brands require, due to the lower cost of their production processes. Finally, springs are Phosphate coated for corrosion resistance, and electrostatically powder coated to ensure a lifetime of outstanding looks.

As far as the other equipment, I have BMR lower control arms, adjustable panhard rod, relocation brackets and adjustable torque arm. These componants are a great value if you aren't driving a maximum effort strip car.

Any time you lower these cars, the lower control arm gets pointed in such a fashion that the instant center gets moved to a point outside the car. This takes away any bite off the line you had, if any. Relocation brackets drop the rear attachment point and move the instant center back to a point in the car. The result is as the rear end tries to rotate, the leverage exerted forces the rear differential downward, planting the tires harder. I actually added all the other suspension parts as time went by, the springs were the last part added. Stock cars can benefit greatly with the addition of better suspension componants.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                          Sure.

As long as I get to use my race equipment.... I would prefer to run this way:
                          Now THAT would be interesting...TAKING ALL BETS...T/A VS. GN...lol

Btw Joe, just what have you done to the GN? I don't think I've ever asked you that? lol
                          Steve
                          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

My money is on the GN - Jays driving the T/A

(You know I am kidding cause my times were worse than yours Jay!)
                            Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
                              My money is on the GN - Jays driving the T/A

(You know I am kidding cause my times were worse than yours Jay!)
                              My money's on the Z06
                              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
                              X