Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
    My money's on the Z06
    I don't know man, you can put a GN into the 11s for less than $2k. And if Joe's gone at his GN like a madman, he'll be hard to catch, esp. off the line. I like the Z06 and all, but a finely-tuned GN is like poetry-in-motion...and its just hard to beat lol. Definitely be a good race though
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
      I don't know man, you can put a GN into the 11s for less than $2k. And if Joe's gone at his GN like a madman, he'll be hard to catch, esp. off the line. I like the Z06 and all, but a finely-tuned GN is like poetry-in-motion...and its just hard to beat lol. Definitely be a good race though
      Nah... I know how strong those thigns are when modded... I very much believe Joe's gone to work on it See you in the corners, Joe
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Now THAT would be interesting...TAKING ALL BETS...T/A VS. GN...lol

Btw Joe, just what have you done to the GN? I don't think I've ever asked you that? lol
        I wouldn't know where to begin. Just the block alone is a .030 over 109 turbo block with RJC steel block girdle, steel mains, ARP studs, O-ringed deck, Forged TRWs, rods, crank, ATR billet roller cam, ported big valve 8445s, hardened pushrods, ported upper and lower intake, TA roller rockers, etc. As you can tell, it is built to withstand up to about 750 lbs of torque. Currently it's not really that stressed in the low 600s..... yet. lots of goodies from ATR, Kenne Belle, Poston, Casper, Limit Engineering, Kirban and on and on. Suffice to say that I have waaayyy too much invested in that car.

Seriously, I have been evolving that car since 92 and would have to say that not much is left stock except for most of the interior and most of the body. After dropping in the new motor, I got one shakedown run at the track and was kindly tossed due to not having a roll cage. Since I wasn't building this to be a strip warrior, she was relegated to a street mauler. I will say Lately I have gotten the notion of completing the car with the addition of a cage and tubbing the rear for a street/strip/show car.

It still can't corner though. I guess I need one of Batman's toys that shoots a cable out to wrap around a pole, then just swing around corners.

Comment

Car looks pretty good with those Intrax springs. They look like they give the ride height of the hypercoil springs that are on my purple car. VERY nice indeed.
          Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Looks good Joe....I've always liked f-bods and y-bods lowered.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              I wouldn't know where to begin. Just the block alone is a .030 over 109 turbo block with RJC steel block girdle, steel mains, ARP studs, O-ringed deck, Forged TRWs, rods, crank, ATR billet roller cam, ported big valve 8445s, hardened pushrods, ported upper and lower intake, TA roller rockers, etc. As you can tell, it is built to withstand up to about 750 lbs of torque. Currently it's not really that stressed in the low 600s..... yet. lots of goodies from ATR, Kenne Belle, Poston, Casper, Limit Engineering, Kirban and on and on. Suffice to say that I have waaayyy too much invested in that car.

Seriously, I have been evolving that car since 92 and would have to say that not much is left stock except for most of the interior and most of the body. After dropping in the new motor, I got one shakedown run at the track and was kindly tossed due to not having a roll cage. Since I wasn't building this to be a strip warrior, she was relegated to a street mauler. I will say Lately I have gotten the notion of completing the car with the addition of a cage and tubbing the rear for a street/strip/show car.

It still can't corner though. I guess I need one of Batman's toys that shoots a cable out to wrap around a pole, then just swing around corners.
              Yeah, I hear ya on the cornering. She's quick out of the hole, but she does not like to turn at all. I've found some stuff from ATR and Kirban that will hopefully help, but we'll see once I get the money for it. Just out of curiosity (and to stop the hijacking lol), what did you run at the track? 11s?
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

What is the proper order to install a suspension like you have on your Firebird?
                Leave the springs for last? I plan on doing the suspension, then the rear end, trans and the motor for last.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Yeah, I hear ya on the cornering. She's quick out of the hole, but she does not like to turn at all. I've found some stuff from ATR and Kirban that will hopefully help, but we'll see once I get the money for it. Just out of curiosity (and to stop the hijacking lol), what did you run at the track? 11s?
                  The first full pass was 10.91 leaving off the foot brake. It was still running rich. 02 millivolts were still above 800 so there's more in it. Right now though, the car is on the back burner due to all the other stuff going on. It really needs an aftermarket engine management system and a good dyno tune, something that is just out of the question at the moment. As a street car, it accelerates like a rocket. The biggest problem is that it corners like an aircraft carrier. You need to plan cornering like you would a vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
                    What is the proper order to install a suspension like you have on your Firebird?
                    Leave the springs for last? I plan on doing the suspension, then the rear end, trans and the motor for last.
                    I subscribe to the theory that stock, these cars are in need of suspension upgrades. the fist thing I did was install lower control arms and relocation brackets. Next was the panhard rod, then the torque arm. Last is the springs/shocks. At least that way, when you do add more power the chassis can handle it.

Comment

Working...
                    X