No announcement yet.

Got the dreaded intake manifold leak...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the dreaded intake manifold leak...

Well it was bound to happen sometime. All i need to know is whether or not to buy the gasket or to just use a liquid seal or maybe both. If so which are the best to go with whether it be liquid sealant or gasket. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Had mine fixed through the dealer just recently so I don't know what all the did and used but here are some previous threads that give you some answers.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/search.php?searchid=23321
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Buy GM intake gaskets and some Ultra Copper RTV. That is all you need to do. Worked fine for years for all the intakes I've helped do. No need to wrap pipes or anything. Just put a nice bead on the front and back of the block. Make sure the intake goes on nice and straight. And torque it down according to the book. After a couple of heat cycles, retorque it.

Then...enjoy a nice leak free intake
      Rob
      04 GTO

Comment

Working...
      X