the price of gas!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the price of gas!!!!!!!

ouch i have just worked out how much it costs in dollers to fill my car up from 1/4 of a tank which i do 2 or 3 times a week. brace your self$115.64 what do you think about that
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

This is why I use a 4 cylinder beater for everyday driving that gets me between 31 and 38 mpg. With the kind of miles that I drive for work, the T/A would eat me alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      This is why I use a 4 cylinder beater for everyday driving that gets me between 31 and 38 mpg. With the kind of miles that I drive for work, the T/A would eat me alive.
      Same here.
      Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

My T/A is my daily driver as well....but i spend no where near that much for gas! That's pretty harsh. With gas prices like that, i can see why alot of Europe doesn't favor 8 cylinders.
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

i dont think i would have it any other way the thought of driving a normal car every day would drive me nuts pluss the fact the car is lft hand drive and we drive on the left is a good laugh when people come up to the pasinger window and find no one ther is fun
          http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
          C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
          mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Ouch! I hear the 4cyl sentiment. My daily driver is a LT1 Roadmaster. Although, I want to buy a nice commuter like the new 4dr Cobalt when I can afford to do so.

I sure wouldn't want to drive the 3/4 ton V10 Dodge there...8mpg (on a good day)
            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

70 a week is about what i shell out...it sucks
              -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

i fork out about $25 on gas every week, week and half...

Comment

Anywhere from $40 to $75 a week here
                  black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

put 20 bucks in my conquest the other day. around 13 gallons. Still over half tank, and that was an "E" fill. I get around 25 MPG in that thing. I haven't driven my camaro in about a month. One time since october, and I ain't missin' the gas prices. Like 30 bucks every 3-4 days (4 if I'm lucky and drive it less and like a granny).

I was spending roughly 75/week when I drove it all the time. It's just that those t-tops are so tempting in the summer
                    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

About 28.00 dollars every 10 days. (On average. NEVER drive long distance. All very short drives.)
                      94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

24 buck for 4days everyday i have to drive 90 miles (home -work back home)
                        2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                        SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
                        Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
                        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

HA hA. I feel pretty specail considering the fact that I was on E and I was not even able to out in 15 bucks, and that was about a week and a half since i have filled it before. I thought my car got bad gas mileage. Around 300 miles to the 11 gallon tank, considering that im not driving stupidly every day.
                          Eddie
                          2000 M6 Trans Am
                          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Oouch!!!!!!!!!

$42.00 full tank for 3 days
                            1999 T/A M6 STOCK Slp Loudmouth , SKIPSHIFT ELIMINATOR, KNN FILTER SLP Short Throw Shifter w. slanted short stick, Ram PowerGrip Clutch C6Motorsport Rims w. 285/40 GoodYears
                            CAR IS SOLD

Comment

I got a wimpy four cyl also for a driver. When I drive the TA, I have to disregard the cost of gas or it takes away from the enjoyment. However the 4 banger gets 26mpg all the time, goes like a raped ape in the snow, takes a licking & keeps on ticking, and costs $20 a week, so takes away from the pain of my gas hog TA which gets maybe 22-23 hwy and half that around town. If I drove the TA all the time, it would be a wreck by now and have 110,000 miles on it. You need a second car in WI if you have a TA - my buddy didn't listen to me and wrecked his 98 in the first bad weather of the year. The shame of driving most of my miles in a less-than-cool car is offset by how stupid I would look trying to go thru the snow in the TA.

Too bad the petrol is so bloody expensive in Great Britain, but if it makes you feel any better, I think the girls there are more attractive and have bigger boobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X