No announcement yet.

WS6 Ram Air Style Hood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering SLP funished the Ram Air conversion for GM, it is the "real" thing. GM owns the Ram Air name so SLP can't use it for their replacement hoods for their own sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
      Does anybody have a picture of the under side of a SLP ram air hood. I just
      got a hood but do not know who made it. The top looks just like the SLP.
      I want to get the air box but do not know if it will work. If I can see a pic
      of the under side where the air box would meet the hood that would tell
      me alot.If you post a pic on this thread or E-mail it to me at zlee@bellsouth.net it would make my day. Thanks Blazer

Here ya go:
      Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

If you do get the ram air hood, don't forget to cut out the water baffles!

Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Thanks A ton guys pic's an info really help
          Blazer

Comment

I may be buying a harwood ws6 hood. It is nonfunctional but could i cut the inserts out with like a dremmel tool and make it functional with a airbox and everything?
            thanks
            tom
            1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Don't know the Harwood hoods.

You have to remember that the airbox has to have a tight fit to the hood so you get the cool air from outside only.

Depending of the hoods design you may end up with quite a project and the airbox may end up looking like a big ugly contraption.

Why not going with a functional design right from the start like the GM or SLP one? All the parts will fit right together and it looks good.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I want this harwood hood becuase i can get it for 475 with a fresh coat of black paint on it. I checked on it and it does have a spot for a air box molded into the bottom of the hood. I am going to get a slp hood when i get enough money to paint my whole car which wont be until after college. I dont have 650 for a hood, 200+ for paint, 200 for an airbox. I just want to get a "quick fixin".
                1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

If you go with the Harwood leave as is. Or you can get into a big can of worms. Been there done that kind of but this post save my day with the pic's
                  that were posted. The SLP will work with mine. P.S. If you start cutting on a
                  hood an it does not work you now have a junk hood. Thanks one more time guys Blazer

Comment

Working...
                  X