LT1, or LS1 who would win

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1, or LS1 who would win

Which car would win, and out pull? LT1 (stock) with 3.73 gears, or LS1 (stock) 2.73 gears from 40 MPH ROLL?
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

from all ive herd and seen from the LS1 I would say LS1 all the way

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

This kind of topic has been beat to death far too many times. LS1s are better on a roll, especially with 2.73s that favor a top end charge. The LT-1 with a 3.73 will get out of the hole nicely but doesn't have the upper end power to match an LS1.

Comment

Kiss and make up and then find some Mustangs to run down.
        2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
        buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
        Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Everything Joe1320 said. Stock vs. Stock...LS1 will always be a better motor hands down. The gears help the LT1 out of the hole, but the upper end of LS1's is a force to be reckoned with. I'll never forget the first time i experienced it
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Actually, I think it would be pretty close. Given that criteria. Have to remember, the LS1 likes to rev and 2.73 gears aren't exactly quick thru the rpm.

I give the edge to the LT1.
            Rob
            04 GTO

Comment

One more vote for the LS1. I'm thinking an auto LS1 at 40 mph would still be in first gear. Am I right?
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                One more vote for the LS1. I'm thinking an auto LS1 at 40 mph would still be in first gear. Am I right?
                I believe anything under 25 mph when you punch it with an auto it drops down to 1st gear.

A stock LT1 with a 3:73 would take a stock LS1 with a stock 2:73 or even with a 3:23 off the line, but the LS1 would start to pull after 2nd gear.
                Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

It's my understanding that an LS1 with 2.73 gears is in a major "dead zone" at that mph... This is going to shock everyone, but I am going to say the LT1 is going to get a big advantage right off the bat... the question is how fast will the race go up to? The faster you go, the better the LS1 is going to do.
                  Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

im thinking with all the extra trim and gadgest on the ls1 cars...it would be to heavy to pull the lt1...............

hee hee

just kiddin everybody..................

i agree with Rob.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

The numerically higher gear ratio will help the LT1 take advantage of the increased torque multiplication, but it is still not enough to overcome the 55-60+ HP difference.

LS1 all the way. Quit hatin'!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                        The numerically higher gear ratio will help the LT1 take advantage of the increased torque multiplication, but it is still not enough to overcome the 55-60+ HP difference.

LS1 all the way. Quit hatin'!
                        2.73s will hurt the LS1 here, I'm giving this to the LT1 up to about 90mph.

Sing on to AIM, by the way...
                        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                          2.73s will hurt the LS1 here, I'm giving this to the LT1 up to about 90mph.

Sing on to AIM, by the way...
                          Don't be mad just because you're about to get beat by a Nissan Altima!!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                            Don't be mad just because you're about to get beat by a Nissan Altima!!

Oh man, that ain't even right lol. I would have to vote for the LT1...2.73s are not the best gear for acceleration at all, even if they're rolling already. Now, if the LS1 is a stick, the LT1 an auto and the LS1 driver can handle the T-56 pretty good, then it might be a little closer. Did they even sell the LS1s with 2.73s??
                            Steve
                            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Yes, they do.
                              94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X