No announcement yet.

dead at 143mph!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guilty to a point. I've raced through a construction zone up to about 100 or so, but we both backed off and we were both alone in the cars. I think the most I've pushed it to was 110, but that was on a freeway with nobody ahead of me for miles in broad daylight. Most of the time its unusual if I hit over 80. My sympathy for the families
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

yeah now im at the point where people always complain on how slow i drive either when they ride with me or i am following them. I always tell them that there is no need for me to unleash my car on the street because it is way too much. That is not to say that i dont get on it from time to time because given the chance, i want to enjoy my car, i mean, that is the reason that i bought it. But i consciously try to take care everytime i get on it on the streets.

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
      Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

I won't lie, I've done it, I had just got my 155 speedo and a Tuner Cat program and removed my speedlimiter and I pegged my speedo. I was alone and we have a beatiful strech around my area that is a 55 zone no turn ons for over 2 miles and its perfecly straight and I could very ealisly see if anyone would turn on, I could see the whole way for the straight stretch, it was about 2 AM and no traffic so I went for it. I'll admit it was a rush, but I was sober (not that I drive drunk) I know the road like the back of my hand and there was no ones life to risk but mine. Thats where I draw the line if I had seen another car I would have been off the gas and on the break. I value my life so much I'm sure everyone here does, but I value others more than my own when it comes to doing something like that and I'm sure everyone else does but I take risks and go ahead and flame me for this but that was a risk that I thought was worth taking I was 17 and wanted to know what my car would do. I knew what I was doing I had no turns to take and I went for it. I was at 180 in a 2003 Viper but I've never done any speed near that myself and wanted to try. Wolfman I know you've talked before about racing a Viper for fun and you've said it wasn't worth it, but I'll bet almost everyone here has tried to push their car. Its something that almost everyone has to get out of their system, but its also something that is so dangerous its not funny. If I wrecked and killed myself then its over, it sucks but it is. If I wrecked and killed someone else and lived I honestly don't know what I'd do but I wouldn't want to live. My life is my own but, someone else's isn't and its not mine or anyone else's to take, I understand mistakes happen but if your going that fast it isn't a mistake its a lot more than that, you were going that fast on purpose you knew the risks and that was your fault. I'm not telling anyone on here to drive at that rate of speed, but I'm also saying you have a fast car you've read what it can do, no one can stop you from flooring it and seeing what speed you can reach, but please there are other people out there be careful of when and where you do it. I'm sorry for ranting but a girl I knew from high school died Sunday morning not from anything to do with vehicles but she's still gone no matter what, she was 21 I had gone to school with her. She became addicted to drugs and ended up over dosing. They finally pulled the plug on her Saturday night and she was gone Sunday morning, her mother had actually been on an MSNBC special about my town because of the extreme Herion use, her mom shot up on TV. What chance did she have? What chance does everyone on here have (a great life, if treated properly)? Most of us if not all have fast cars and can hit speeds that are insane on any public road is it worth it? Not only are you risking your own life, but what about that mother and her child driving home or anyone else, is it really worth it? If I had crashed I would have wrecked the great family that I have. I have 2 siblings a mother, father grandparent and other relatives that love me not to mention friends any anyone else who would have grieved me. I guess after writing this I realize its just not about me its about those who care about you also and everyone needs to think about this before taking that risk!
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
          Why is it that the stupid ones always survive?
          Couldn't agree more.
          My heart goes out to the victims and their families....such a shame...such a waste

Most of us are guilty of it one time or another, I've gotten my car to 135...once...by myself in a place where i knew for a fact that nothing was going to happen in an industrial district i used to work in. That doesn't make it right though. I'll never forget still pulling, and i looked at the speedo and realized exactly how fast i was going....time to slow down.

The one thing i will say that's good about my speeding ticket on my driving record is that it forced my ()() to go slower. I've been doing it for so long now that i don't have a desire to speed excessively at all. I'm guilty to doing up to about 10 over at times, but that's it.
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

dead at 143mph!!!

Hey, thanks for the story. Like you see at the bottum, I've got a teen killer. I'm one myself. And, yeah, I couldn't wait to beat the crap out of all my friends and Mustangs. Sure won't be doing that much more. The power these cars have is incredible, and I am certainly not a good enough driver to handle the power...no one is...even the great Intimidator himself died at the wheel. I sure won't be doing any more 155 MPH stretches when I'm bored going to work in the early morning. Thanks for saving a helluva lot more lives!
            '86 IROC-Z
            383 stroker: AFR 195 heads, KB 11.5:1 hypereutectic pistons, scat crank/Eagle rods
            TPIS Mini Ram injection system, 58mm, 24lb/hr
            "borrowed" T-56 and 3.73 rear
            2000 SS hood ZR-1 rims

New ground fx, bra, Borla tuneable quad tip w/headers
            MSD ig, 1.6 rollers, accel, moroso

Comment

There was one particular place on my way to work where I'd always try for a top speed run. It was an intertsate bridge over the river, over a mile long with no exit or on ramps. Nothing to go wrong except a blowout and concrete dividers. I always drive to work at pre 5 am traffic, so there was never anybody around, but if there was, I just didn't try it that day. Like some one else said. I was prepared to take the gamble with my own life... I felt I had the risks as low as they could humanly get when trying something like that, but I'd never play with somebody else's life. Anybody else in the car, anybody else on the road, it's just not worth it. BTW, I saw the high side of 145 on that bridge. Things happen real fast at that speed.
              Dave M
              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

wow RIP for those who died, im guilty of doing 150+ in my camaro however i was alone in a road where nobody travels Robert moses causeway late nite, .....Its a shame people die that way ...
                1995 CamaroZ28; A4(rebuilt vette specs w.2000stall),richmond3.73w.auburn rear, Eibach dragcoils w.airbag, alumn. driveshaft w.racing yokes, subframe/ control arms/ panhard, flowmaster/"loudmouth" y-pipe, Edelbrock headers shorties (nickelchrome of course), MSD ignition&coil, March pulleys, K&N CAI, Accel injectors & 255lph pump, LT4km, Garnatelli MAF, HPP w.160stat

Comment

My regards to the families and friends. I'm quilty of it too, just like most other people have said. Back road outside of ft bragg, that all the drop zones are off of. Way past the drop zones theres a long straight away. I buried the needle once, to see if i could do it, i did it and have no reason to do it again. I do drive that road fast, about 85 because the turns are fun, but i can stay in my own lane and usually corner at about 60 (speed limit 55) just to be safe.
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                  Traded in: 1998 Z28
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

that is extremely sad to hear. these cars are dangerous in the wrong hands. even in the right hands for that matter. after many nights of going up to the local CT area to race and show off cars(berlin turnpike for those of you who no it) and turning down many races that i know i could have one, i finally gave in one night. i took my 30th to 140 racing my friend on the way home. it was on a highway but its still way uncalled for. i had one passenger. he had a 300zx and we were side by side at 130 then i waved and took off. he wasnt catching up. then again it wasnt a race just a friendly speeding session. still unwarranted. so im guilty to.
                    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

you know dudes, this is what makes this the best f body forum on the net.
                      Yall spoke from the heart...told it like it was and admited it was wrong.

and the lurkers that read here most likely learned something.

Kudo's to all of you....... you guys rock. plain and simple. this is a group that you can take to the bank.

laters.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

stories like that remind me about being carefull on street, and thanks to all of you who sharing the story ,i know i have enough by reading the story and i don't need to see it , or feel it , cos by read that story make me scared and it also sad it still happen. and that a shame.

most speed with my TA probably 110mph and stay for couple seconds. with my old rustang v6 i did top speed many times.
                        2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                        SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
                        Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
                        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

one of the most stupid things I ever did was doing 120+ maybe 130 (the needle was going down when I looked) in the town , at night. I raced a wv golv vr6 and I wanted to destroy him and I accelerated until I couldnt see him in the rearview mirror. Was quite a rush though...
                          93 t/a A4 3.23s
                          95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                          99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                          99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                          97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                          93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                          00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Where did it happen at? In DE? I'm curious because i'm from Delaware too
                            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

I too am guilty of excessive speeding!......until a little over a year ago.
                              My sister was killed by this guy who thought he was andretti and could do anything with a car. He lost control of the car on a very busy stretch of road in Staten Island NY. I to have speeded on this particular stretch and have hit the same dip as where he lost control. I hit this dip with my old 85 Iroc at about 95-100 mph and never once lost any control of my car. He had a 04 300z. The police at the scene told me he hit the telephone pole at about 120 mph. her heart exploded on impact. Lucky for him he died on the operating table after 5 hours of surgery. She was like my own daughter. No one loved her as much as I did. The car was rapped around the pole. Front of the car was actually touching the rear of the car. The newspapers all said that he hit the pole at 65 mph because that’s wear the Speedo was stuck at. The car spun around and around for one full city block before hitting the pole. It was a total waste of a young life; if anyone in my whole family would have made something of themselves it would have been her. I declined the police department because I would lose it and wind up beating the SHlT out of someone who was driving like that with someone in there car. I don’t take my car over 90 anymore on the highway and that is still excessive. I think the problem is this.....no respect for the car. It’s just like a gun...if you have one do you recklessly through it around loaded? Just because the Speedo say's 155 it shouldn’t be driven that fast unless it is in a controlled environment, WITH proper training! And when there are NO passengers, pedestrians, or anything else for that matter you can injure. That guy that was driving will be better off dieing because of not only the guilt of killing those other people but I am sure that some one somewhere is going to kill him. I can tell you this......if the kid that killed my sister lived I would have waited for him to make a full recovery and leave the hospital and no one would have ever seen him again. It only took me 5 min’s to get a plan together to torture and kill him...and that’s with a million memories and other things going through my mind. I would probably been in jail right now, or living in Europe but I know if the tables were turned and I was the one killed I KNOW my sister would have done the same thing to who ever killed me. I respect my car, and other people lives, all because my life was turned inside out because of this jerk off! I have never driven over 85-90 mph with someone in my car or when other cars were on the street. Yes it’s nice to have a sports car……..but they weren’t meant for everyone. I may be wrong but our cars shouldn’t be driven buy teenagers as there first cars………or in other cases not by some adults either. Remember when someone is in your car there life is in your hands! You are ultimately responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by HottRodZ28
                                wow RIP for those who died, im guilty of doing 150+ in my camaro however i was alone in a road where nobody travels Robert moses causeway late nite, .....Its a shame people die that way ...
                                Are you nuts??? The Robert Moses is no place to speed. Sorry, but the turns and traffic never stops, and you could never see if someone was about to pull on to it from anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X