Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB: Who was here in the old format days?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to lurk back in 2000 when I bought my 97 Z28. Then I joined the military and sold my Z, which I still can't figure out why . But now I'm out of the military and I have once again put myself behind the wheel of an F-body I don't post much but I visit the site at least once a day (Most of my time is spent searching the forum for answers to questions I know must have been asked a thousand times...what else would you expect from a newbie). Tons of useful information and cool people
    2000 Camaro SS #3507

www.cardomain.com/memberpage/775745

Comment

I bought my T/A back in Dec. of 98 and found this board out of sheer luck! I was told to go to f-body.org, but instead put .com. I found support here while dealing with my cancer, and lots of prayers for friends along the way who needed help!

Met Kevin Blown 95 T/A in WI, when he had the blower and still running on a 10 bolt! (which I bought from him a little later). Great guy! Built like an ox!

Been out to VA to visit a friend in Norfolk, VA. Got to call Ken and talk with him for a while. Still planning a road trip someday to visit everyone on the East coast, just to put a name to a face.
      96 T/A - Heavily Modded
      87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

Comment

yup yup...
        -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
        98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
        98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
        94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Ken,
          Its been a long time.
          I was just curious does anyone have any pictures from the '97 Gathering in Atlanta?
          This is the first time I have visited here in a long time. Of course the first thing I did was search for the Gathering. I still wear my Tshirt with pride.

Ron Woods

Member since ~1997
          Had->1993 Z28 Red(SLP Ultra Z hood)
          Had ->1999 z28 Red
          Have->2004 GTO Red
          Take Care

Comment

im one of newest, i think ti was march when i joined up. every1 is so helpful on this board its unreal. and wolfman, wow lol what a guy
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Been here since early 96. Used to be a Firebird only forum. Watched it "change" over the years...all in all, the great people have always been a constant. Best car-board out there. One of the first too!
              Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

January 98.
                Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodmanZ
                  Ken,
                  Its been a long time.
                  I was just curious does anyone have any pictures from the '97 Gathering in Atlanta?
                  This is the first time I have visited here in a long time. Of course the first thing I did was search for the Gathering. I still wear my Tshirt with pride.

Ron Woods

Member since ~1997
                  Had->1993 Z28 Red(SLP Ultra Z hood)
                  Had ->1999 z28 Red
                  Have->2004 GTO Red
                  Take Care
                  Ron!!! sob
                  !!! cant believe it!
                  yes, i got some pics. will dig um up and post em for ya! good to hear from ya man!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

October 2003. I love this place. Can't beat my f-body friends and family!

Comment

Late in 1999 after Ken got me headfirst into the FireHawk.... Good old days..

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

I wasn't a member but here is some old archived pages.

May 23, 1998
                        http://web.archive.org/web/199902211...ody/f-body.cgi

April 02, 2001
                        http://web.archive.org/web/200103310...com/fbody.html

November 26, 2002
                        http://web.archive.org/web/200211261...ww.f-body.com/

June 02, 2003
                        http://web.archive.org/web/200411160...ww.f-body.com/

Ok, enough of that,
                        Richard Harvey Jr.
                        '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

I think 97

Well lets see. I think it was 97 or so that I started participating on this message board. Gee, my 96 is almost 10 years old. It's just about ready to retire from daily service. I retire my cars after 10 years. Then they only get used on nice sunny weekends and for car shows. I'm planning on getting into a 06 Vette vert.

Warren
                          96 T/A,WS6,M6
                          79 T/A,WS6,A3,403
                          72 442,W30,A3
                          06 Vette,Z51,M6

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Seale
                            Well lets see. I think it was 97 or so that I started participating on this message board. Gee, my 96 is almost 10 years old. It's just about ready to retire from daily service. I retire my cars after 10 years. Then they only get used on nice sunny weekends and for car shows. I'm planning on getting into a 06 Vette vert.

Warren
                            ol "mr quiet warren" .....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Only been a registered user since earlier this year, but I've perused these boards since about 2000 or 2001. I've always been an F-body fan (used to own a '77 Z/28) and just loved reading posts from people who owned them. Never wanted to post anything myself until I owned another one. Finally got one earlier this year and registered right away.

I know a lot of people mentioned how great the people are here, but it just can't be said enough. The brotherhood here goes far beyond a common love for the Camaro/Firebird. I've been a part of countless forums, but never have I seen one where people actually give a damn about what's going on in each other's lives. This is the single greatest website out there, and I'm honored to be a part of it.

/end_sappyness
                              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                              X