No announcement yet.

What sold you on your car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to say im only 16 so this story isn't that old. I had been looking for cars for a while. I love camaros and firebirds but I didnt think that I could afford one. I was looking at 6 cyl f-bods and they were alright. I test drove a firebird and a camaro. So one day my mom told me she seen a nice red camaro setting in front of a house with a for sale sign in it. So we go to check it out. The 1st thing I noticed was the z28 emblem on the fender. I imediatly thought to my self "nothing to get excited about, I cant afford this and even if I could my dad doesnt want me to have anything fast" We talk to the guy and checked out everything. Then we went home. I was so excited that I had a chance at getting it that I joined this forum. The next day after football practice we went to talk some more and test drive it. I couldnt because i didnt have my liscense at the time but my dad drove it. We went down highway 58 and he stomped it. It planted us and he didnt let up untill we reached 100. We took it back and to my surprise he let me buy it. He was very leary about it because he thought he was going to get me killed. The only reason he allowed me to get that is because he wanted a camaro when he 1st started driving and by the time he could afford one, he got his chevelle. So I guess I got the car he always wanted.

Comment

Hmmmm... I was sold when I got the chance to get it as a straight across trade for a 1995 Taurus SHO 5-speed.
      - Polo Green 1993 Formula 6-Speed
      - Moroso Intake, Hooker Catback, 3.42s, MSD Digital 6, Pro 5.0, TB Bypass, Lakewood Rear Control Arms, Torque Arms & Mounts, 2000 SS Brakes, C5 Vette Wheels, Koni Adjustables, Hooker Super Comp LTs (not installed... yet.)
      - 13.6 with just gears and exhaust

Comment

i came to america 1998 all i knew is honda,toyota,vw cos i seen those car everyday back in my country, i never into a car thats y same year i bought s-10, i started to know little bit about car, i know rustang, camaro but i never firebird or knowing that firebird is exist.one day my mom had to trade her cavalier with camaro V6 2001 ,since then i had seen alot of camaro. and then months after that i was on my s-10 one car pulled next to me awesome looking car (now i know that was trans am ws6) i said to my self wow nice looking camaro, never saw camaro with that kind bodykit before. when the light turned green the thing going like a rocket and i saw back of the car "trans am" under that i see pontiac, i was like WTH thats not camaro and that not even chevy.so i asked around ppls and they said yupe that firebird trans am made by pontiac, cousin of camaro.At 2002 i heard that chevy stop making camaro.that year my truck was paid offbut nothing intrested me on buying camaro or other car cos monthly payment is a B14<th. 2003 i realized that i need car so i can bring more friends, i went ford dealer and bought rustang 2003 brand new (my defense i did not go for camaro or firebird cos they don't make one anymore and rustang was the only american mucle rear wheel drive around) i was so happy get V6 rustang, 2 day after i got my rustang i drove at a top speed 115 mph then i said to my self i'm done with this stang,i want more and sstarted looking for V8 mustang or mach1(but dealer turned me down) so i waited at least i will have this car for 1 year and traded with V8. One day on aug i was crushing around and i saw pontiac dealer thats reminded me of trans am ws6 i was driving by slowly and " Holy cow" red trans am ws6 was sitting on driveway . i did U turn and went to that dealer and ask around they wanted for 21K with 54k miles,big old tip exhaust, interior mod litle bit and wide tires( later that i know that was stock tires) i started save money for down payment ,every weekend i went there to see that trans am and GTO ,the second time i went there the salesman said it was sold yesterday. that crushed me. for almost amonth i was looking at autotrader,internet , to see if one dealer close tomy house has it. i was like craving on ws6. the more you want that car the more you see it on street, the more i see it on street the more pains gets me.untill one sunday morning sept 12 04 i woke up get on www.autotrader.com ,typed Trans am then bam 8 miles from my house dealer has it. i went there it was sitting up front and its black trans am 2001 with 68kmiles for 20k M6 and its stock all the way to tires.( that when i found out all trans am tires are that wide)salesman took me for a ride and scared the hell out of me. i was thinking i had to have this car i'm wouldn.t let this go again. later that you know that car became 1 6 beast.its mine damn it its mine. lol
        2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
        SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
        Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Short story..

What sold me on my car....I saw one. I have always liked Camaros of all years (with a soft spot for 70' to 73' SS split bumper). My first Camaro was a 97 Z28 Ann Ed. One day I was sitting at a light and a newer SS pulled up next to me....It was over, I knew what I had to do.
          2000 Camaro SS #3507

www.cardomain.com/memberpage/775745

Comment

It's interesting to hear all of the differing reasons that everyone decided on their car. I don't know why I find it so fascinating, maybe my inner scientist...
            '99 T/A WS6 w/ Borla cat-back, K&N, SLP SFC, SLP STB, BMR boxed LCA's, BMR Adj. torque arm, BMR panhard rod, BMR springs, and Short Stick
            (a list I know, but if I don't put it here, I'll never write it down anywhere else)

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
              The big fat mondo wing...that was for you Steve lol
              I love that wing
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Always loved 93-97 camaro's. Ever since they came out. My buddy had an 01 he would drive. I loved the inside of it and the way it pulled. Awesome car. I wanted one, but I always said I would take the old 4th gen because I thought it looked meaner.

I have a conquest that I love. He was costing me a ton of money. I would put money into performance, and then other crap would break. Alternators dying, problems with the TBI system, etc... I decided I wanted a car that would be nice in the summer. Fast, that I wouldn't care to modify because it was fast enough. I wanted a camaro.

I looked around. Looked at a 98 SS, it was sold. Looked at a 95 z28, it was green with salad shooters and a hard top. Didn't want it. I was in no rush so I set a criteria for exactly what I wanted.

A 97, the last year for the LT1
                White or black in color
                T-Tops
                6 Speed
                Leather

Found a 97. It was perfect, everything I wanted. Even had nice chrome wheels on it, like I wanted, but didn't have to have. That made up for the lack of leather. Went and applied for a loan, and shockingly I got it. I was so shocked, I had to ask the loan officer twice... "I'm approved all on my own...?" "Yeah, is that all right? lol" I was so psyched. Got the loan check that day, went and picked up my car. The rest is history.

Unfortunately, I fell into this car. I didn't want to mod it, now I'm tearing the top end down. I can't just leave well enough alone.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                  The big fat mondo wing...that was for you Steve lol

Actually, I had an LT1 T/A 1:18 scale from Ertl that made me love every single line of the car...so I looked and looked for a black T/A and finally found one. It included an awesome warranty too...that helped BIG in making the decision.
                  I had that same exact model and I even painted it red. I was like 11 at the time and I told my dad I was going to get that car when I was 16. He said "yeah right".
                  Well guess what old man, I got her now. He loves driving her too.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

One day my friend Rich and i were pulling out of a Tower Records parking lot. He pulled out of his spot, started going and then stopped because he dropped something. While we were stopped i happened to glance out the passenger side window and there was a 2002 WS6 Trans Am staring back at me. From that day on, i've been infatuated. One day while i was driving to do my internship for high school with my dad's mechanic, i saw a jet black LT1 Camaro go burning past me. For the 3 seconds that i was able to see that, i knew i wanted either a 98+ WS6 or now the new competetor, a 95-97 Camaro (too many opti spark horror stories about 93-94 models). From the time i saw that WS6 about 2 years ago, i've been checking the classified ads religiously. I saw a few LT1 Formula's/ Trans Am's and Camaro's but they were all automatics. I couldn't afford an LS1 so i knew i'd have to settle if i wanted any kind of Firebird. I finally found a 6 speed Camaro in the paper and it said in the ad that it was modified. I dialed the guys number so fast that i'm surprised the phone didn't catch fire. We spoke for about 20 minutes but he ended the conversation with "A kid already has a deposit on it but if the deal doesn't go through, i'll call you". That was a waste of time. Finally, i looked in the paper and saw a 95 Trans Am in the paper, 6 speed, 67k miles for $8,900. I went to check it out at the dealership and then it grew on me. I went back about three times and studied the car up and down. I'd seen LT1's with 100k miles on them being sold for $9,000 so i figureed this was a steal. Well, i finally gave in and bought it. I wouldn't say i regret it but i'd much rather have a 98+ WS6 or maybe even a black LT1 Camaro. I still like my car a lot.
                    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                    SOLD- Kinda miss it
                    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                    SOLD- Good riddance!
                    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

All right I read a few and now I am entitle to post my little story why I bought my ls1, but first I need to tell you my painful night of how I got the money to buy it. It was may 2nd the opening night of the first spider-man movie when I went to pick my friend up at his house in my suped to nuts 87 GN. I just had the motor redone about 2000 miles ago and was eager to try it out after the movie, sadly that would never come to be. I had the tank filled with 100 octane unleaded and my air bags were filled ready for the popular cruising spot after the movie. We get to the movie at about 930ish just in time to get tickets and wait online for the movie. I parked the car underneath a lamp post where you come in diagonally with the e-brake on and the fuel pump and computer disconnected along with the club and another device from the brake pedal to the steering wheel that locked the 2 together. I come out of the movie high because it was awesome and the theater was packed. I start walking towards the spot where I had parked it depressing the alarm button to hear the alarm but that never came. I ask my friend where I had parked and he said wasn't it here I walk around the entire movie theater parking lot as I call all my friends and family to tell them that I think my GN had been stolen. I call the police and when they got there we all were talking to the security guard and he said that a young lady stated she locked her keys in her monte carlo SS. She also said that she had a tow truck of a friends to come and help her out. The truck came and took my car cause he could not open the door. I was upset but a few weeks later the insurance check came and it was enough to pay off my brand new 02 wrx. which was my daily driver. After a few months of getting stomped and thinking to myself that when I was a senior in highschool back in 97 I remember the ls1s coming out and how evil the ws6 looked. I decided I needed another performance only race car. I asked a few of my friends what they thought of it and they said good go for it(just happy that I was getting another performance car). To get to the topic of this long and boring story is the day my friend in his 00 SS went to the dealer to pick it up because he needed another rearend(launched on slicks with a 6spd and stock rear). I went with him in my wrx for the ride. He picked it up and gave me a quick spin around the lot before we went home and ohhh my god when he hit the gas that nose just came up and I could not believe that this was a pretty much stock car. SLP loudmouth and short throw shifter. I mean there was no turbo lag or slowly accelerating. I mean my GN was a 11sec car but with a flat punch you would have to wait until 20mph before you would feel anything at all. And the same goes for my wrx. I could not believe it. About a month later after telling my family that was the car I had to have, my father said better by new since a car like that is probably beat on if you buy it used. So he said maybe you should look into other cars(he loved my GN since they first came out and almost bought one in 1990 but couldn't afford the price the dealer was asking,8yrs later I bought mine with a little help from him.) He came home one day and told me he had to show me something and it was the window sticker to my 02ws6 which he just went to my bank and put a down payment on it. Of course the fact that his best friend had bought and 00 corvette the previous year didn't hurt either. So that is my story sorry it is so long but to those of you that read it thank you. Now I have to remember only 1 1/2 years of payments left and it is all mine.
                      02ws6 auto 329.1hp @ 5500rpm 335.2lbsft.@5500rpm. Also 02wrx auto. Website Http://hometown.aol.com/vins87gn/vinnyscars.html

Comment

BTW I still have the picture from when I picked it up in the rain. I drove past that dealership every day for 2months before it came in Ironically the same exact day that I bought my GN. 4 yrs later.
                        Attached Files
                        02ws6 auto 329.1hp @ 5500rpm 335.2lbsft.@5500rpm. Also 02wrx auto. Website Http://hometown.aol.com/vins87gn/vinnyscars.html

Comment

I guess i will add my story too...First i need to say i am only 18 so this story is pretty new. When i was 16 i bought a cheap Ford Ranger for $700 for my first vehicle. It was pretty rusted and didn't run the best but it was a vehicle. Anyway after about a year of having it i rolled it in a creek and blew the tranny so i was left without anything to drive for about 6 months. With no insurance to pay and nothing to put gas in i saved up about a grand. All of my friends had their jap cars that they thought were fast and got me thinking. i hated the jap cars and knew i wanted a v8. so after looking around i decided i could aford about a 94 or 95 f-body. after a few months of looking i found one about 3 hours from my house. as soon as i got there i fell in love with it. then i started it up and the sound definetly sold me. after a test drive with a quick burnout i told the guy i would be back in a week to get it. so now a year later i am still driving my 95 Formula and will never get rid of it i love this car. i am hoping to get an ls1 after i graduate college but i will never part with the lt1 ...these are definetly some of the most amazing cars
                          1995 Firebird Formula M6, hooker long-tube ceramic coated headers, tb bypass, 160 thermostat, b&m ripper shifter

Comment

I've always loved Firebirds and Camaros. I thought it would be so fun to buy a 4th gen and put a blower on it. One day I ran into a car for sale that I couldn't pass up. An all white 94 Z28 auto. I purchased it north of KC and on the way home, I stopped at Excessive Motorsports and ordered the ATI Blower. Within 2 weeks it was installed and the money pit started growing.
                            Here is what it looked like when I got it.

Here is what it looked like when I sold it. It was lightly modded.
                            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Ever since the 94 body style's came out i wanted a firebird. I liked the camaros a lot, but something about the firebird that grabbed me. Maybe because were i live there are more camaros, mustangs, and even vetts around then firebirds. i graduated high school in 98 and when the newer style came out, i always said from that day on "it's my realistic dream car". (My unrealistic is a brand new lamborgini ) Anyway i need a new car and go looking in 99-2000. I was 20-21 and didn't make a TON of money and the 98+ were in the 20000 range so they were off. I did however buy a 95 Formula 6 speed. I loved that car even though i still had a craving for the 98's +. Bought the 95 for 12000 with 60000 miles on it. Ended up raking the side of the car down a cement pole were i work and had to claim it, the insurance paid for it, looked up my history, and dropped me. Stupidly i let the insurance laps on it so there was no way i could afford to insure it. I sold it for i think $10000 enough to pay back the bank and my dad. bought a Jeep so i can tow my sled and i was happy. I get a job working for my county and they pay very well for a high school diploma. So i start looking at 98's. Nothing is around (this is in 04). I was looking for a specific car down to the paint and coulndn't find anything around. One day i look in the local want ad "99 WS6 blk 19000mil". I call on it figuring the guy wants 20-23 grand. Turns out the guy wants 18. I go look at it with my dad (he knows a lot more about cars than me). I'm already in love with the cars so the test drive just multiplied it that much more. I talk to my dad and he says "the only thing wrong with the car is the tires are worn". I talk to the owner. he's the original owner, 65 years old, retired and just doesn't use it anymore. I get him down to $15,600. Car was blk, 6 speed, t-tops,ws6, tan leather, monsoon stereo. I'm in heaven everytime i get in that car. The final closer was my bank calling me telling me the car was worth 21-22000. Took out 18 payed of my jeep for 1600 and now i have my dream car, my winter jeep, and my snowmobile at 25yrs old. I do pay out a lot of money though . I have my associates working on my bachlores in education now while working full time so i'm so busy any alone time i get i'm usually spending it with my car. haha.But there all worth it.
                              99 Black WS6
                              99 Black Ski-Doo Mach Z
                              94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by 02ws602wrx
                                I call the police and when they got there we all were talking to the security guard and he said that a young lady stated she locked her keys in her monte carlo SS. She also said that she had a tow truck of a friends to come and help her out. The truck came and took my car cause he could not open the door.
                                Man, what a scam to be running, that takes a pair to pull off. At least you got the insurance for it...
                                '99 T/A WS6 w/ Borla cat-back, K&N, SLP SFC, SLP STB, BMR boxed LCA's, BMR Adj. torque arm, BMR panhard rod, BMR springs, and Short Stick
                                (a list I know, but if I don't put it here, I'll never write it down anywhere else)

Comment

Working...
                                X