What sold you on your car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tig
    It's interesting to hear all of the differing reasons that everyone decided on their car. I don't know why I find it so fascinating, maybe my inner scientist...

Here ya go...

I've owned 6 Camaros now. From the first one I owned, I've always desired the next step up. I started with a 86 2.8, swapped in a 5.7, sold it for an 87 5.7 Iroc, sold that for a brand new 1995 M6 Z, totalled it and bought a 1995 A4 and sold that to build my first income property. Then I bought an 88 5.7 Iroc, sold that for my current car.

It was the brand new 1995 M6 car that really got me hooked on M6. Then I got to liking verts. There is simply nothing to compare to the feeling of having the top down.

I dont like the look of the LS1 Camaros compared to the LT1 cars. So, my "dream Camaro" is a 94-97 Z28 M6 vert.

I bought my current car because it fit my dream Camaro criteria, and only had 53,000 miles on it. I also loved the color. It will eventually have the SLP Ultra-Z hood and catback exhaust. I'd like to eventually build a 383 for it as well, but that is a couple summers away yet.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by 02ws602wrx
      I call the police and when they got there we all were talking to the security guard and he said that a young lady stated she locked her keys in her monte carlo SS. She also said that she had a tow truck of a friends to come and help her out. The truck came and took my car cause he could not open the door.
      Dude, that sucks man. My dad and I are both friggen paranoid with my GN (was his). If it was me, I'd be lookin' for heads. Glad to hear it worked out in the end though. Gonna get another GN or just stick with what you have?
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

got my baby 2yrs ago.... i was checking out a 72 nova 350 auto, it needed a bit of work,but the guy wanted $1500 for it and rust was very minimal so it was not bad, and then one of my buddy wanted a 71 formula.so 1day we drove over their and the guys not home so were just looking at the car... it was ruff alot of rust and then out of nowhere i hear this rumble coming down the street and i break neck and its this bright yellow camaro and i was shocked, and thought "that looks kool as F..." and this asian dude gets out laughing and hes like "ya im tuning the carb just hang on a lil ill be back" and then he makes the koolest u turn ever, dumps the clutch smokes the tires cuts the wheel and round he goes and passes by us smoking 2nd gear.... (thats was my face) then he comes back and were talking and i had 2 ask how much 4 the camaro... he wanted $5000 for the camaro and $500 4 the formula, so only being 15 back then money was tight but i had saved 1k from a summer job woohoo! so anyhow i tell my dad and he wanted 2 c the car, so we drive their one day and he checks it out and he drove it and liked it but it still needed work rust was kinda bad and the price was pretty steep but it had its mods too.... so my dad was handleing the whole thing and about 2 weeks later hes like well i think we can find something else and i was sad cuz that car rocked lol and then about a month later my dad calls me telling me to come home from skool quick that we were going somewhere...so im walking kinda quik thinking y the hell he didnt pick me up and then and u round the corner i see somthing yellow behind these bushing the r blocking my view and then i see her... im screaming jumping up n down my neighbor watering his lawn thinks im crazy and then my family comes out and their all looking at me going balistic lol and he hands me the keys and i went for a drive and didnt stall out till i came up to a light on a lil incline and i was stuck their for 2 light changes lucly the 18wheeler behind me didnt mind and now its been 2 yrs later and she still rocks lol . wow long story lol hope u enjoyed it since im the few exception that didnt get into imports .
        1967 Camaro "Project"
        1972 Chevelle "454"
        1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

probably stick with my t/a for now but the thought had always run through my head about buying a GN body and working it with the new 3.8 aluminum block that came out 3months after my car was stolen. But for now I have my ws6 and my wrx to play with. Now all i have to do is get the ws6 better than the 12.3@115mph which the gn did.
          02ws6 auto 329.1hp @ 5500rpm 335.2lbsft.@5500rpm. Also 02wrx auto. Website Http://hometown.aol.com/vins87gn/vinnyscars.html

Comment

Could always take a regular Regal, make the body into a GN and rip into her for that nice 9-sec. machine everyone wants.
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
            X