Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trans Am vs Mustang....who will win this race??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the very general formula is to add 8.5 seconds to the 0-60 time.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

That would give a 13.2...which sounds close. The stock GN was 4.9 0-60 in 86 and 87, 13.9 1/4, so its pretty close. Hey Joe, mind if I send you my GN to have some work done on it? lol j/k
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
        The stock GN was 4.9 0-60 in 86 and 87, 13.9 1/4, so its pretty close. Hey Joe, mind if I send you my GN to have some work done on it? lol j/k
        I think those figures are a little off. The stock 0-60 times were in the mid 5s, very traction limited. The 87 GNX I thought was quoted as the 4.9 second 0-60. That had the torque arm rear suspension setup and a couple of motor tweaks. Seriously, if you ever did want a build up on yours, I could put together one heck of a package. Now as another comparison, after the new combo, a couple of 0-60 blasts on street radials was in the 3.2 second range and hard to keep it hooked up. It really didn't want to hook until mid second gear....... deceptively quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          I think those figures are a little off. The stock 0-60 times were in the mid 5s, very traction limited. The 87 GNX I thought was quoted as the 4.9 second 0-60. That had the torque arm rear suspension setup and a couple of motor tweaks. Seriously, if you ever did want a build up on yours, I could put together one heck of a package. Now as another comparison, after the new combo, a couple of 0-60 blasts on street radials was in the 3.2 second range and hard to keep it hooked up. It really didn't want to hook until mid second gear....... deceptively quick.
          I've noticed some books/magazines quoting the GN at 4.9 0-60 and the GNX somewhere between 4.2-4.7. Might have been different testing conditions. Yeah, I've looked at doing the torque arm conversion from Kirban, but I'm not sure I really want to irreversably mod her. I think I've got a good idea to start with, what do you think? Here it is...

ATR 3" SS Exhaust System
          ATR Turbo Bypass Valve (blowoff valve mounted on the I/C)
          ATR Polished Intake and Upper Plenum Pipes (gotta look good too lol)
          ATR CAI
          ATR 160 Thermo
          ATR Wastegate Control Hose (maint.)
          ATR Radiator Pressurization Kit
          ATR Intercooler Scope Extension
          ATR Pinion Snubber
          ATR Suspension Kit
          ATR Aluminum Driveshaft and Safety Loop
          ATR Intercooler Hoses and Straps (again, maint.)
          ATR SS Braided Oil Feed Line
          ATR Superpump and Wiring Kit
          ATR Stage 3A Turbo and Bellmouth
          ATR Stealth 7th Injector
          ATR Headers with 3" Downpipe

Yes, I know, that's a lot from ATR lol. I know I need to add a good set of control arms for the rear...any recommendations? Anything I should add/take away? How did we get off the subject? lol
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Updated info

The rustang was taken to the strip yesterday and ran a 15.20 and a 14.77...I wasn't able to go yesterday because it was my anniversary (13yrs)
            1994 Trans Am GT, LT1, M6, Hurst Shifter, Leather, Eagle Wheels, Flowmaster cat back, !CAGS, 160 stat, Best ET 13.73@100 -- Updated mods: SLP CAI, SLP clutch kit, Nitto tires, Lou's short stick, SLP leather knob

Comment

Working...
            X