Help!!!!!! please Car gods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!!! please Car gods

Hooked up hypertech programmer to correct speedometer, I also changed thermo.....went for a ride when done and everything is sealed up tight but the temp shoots up to where the check gauge light comes on.....at this point the car is not even warm enough to blow warm air through the vent.....so i delleted everything and started over again leaving everything stock cept the gears.....put the stock thermo back in and start'er up
    this time I let the car idle in the drive way.....temp shoots up fans come on
    still not hot enough to blow warm air through the vent......I let it idle for about 5 min, figured maybe the hypertech screwed up the temp guage....the check gauge light is on the temp says 260....car runs fine but then I notice the motor stutters in a revolutionthen powers back to normal then looses it again.......any idea what the hell is wrong???? everything is back to stock cept the gears

AMF RACING: Friends don't let friends drive junk

01 black ss #0966
    lou's short stick, slp lid and cold air, smooth bellow, centerforce, loudmouth, 3 in. y pipe, flowtech long tubes, BMR STB, SLP 4.10's, polished zr-1s, MSD wires, T-6 plugs, and upcoming goodies....Tee-Hee

I did not bleed anything when I was installing t stats......possible it needs to be bled big time?

01 black ss #0966
    lou's short stick, slp lid and cold air, smooth bellow, centerforce, loudmouth, 3 in. y pipe, flowtech long tubes, BMR STB, SLP 4.10's, polished zr-1s, MSD wires, T-6 plugs, and upcoming goodies....Tee-Hee

Comment

Can't really say off the top of my head, but not bleeding it could be the culprit. Air caught in the cooling system could be what's causing it to heat up. Hopefully someone more knowledgable on the LS1 can give you a more definite answer. Good luck man.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

air in the system is definately your problem. You can't open these systems up and not get air in there. It's an easy procedure and will take 10 mins. Should take care of your problem!
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I'm probably wrong but I thought the bleeding thing was only for LT1 because of the reverse cooling. I thought they went back to normal cooling on the LS1.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            I'm probably wrong but I thought the bleeding thing was only for LT1 because of the reverse cooling. I thought they went back to normal cooling on the LS1.
            I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the route of the coolant has anything to do with it. My Grand Prix's system has to be bled (97) and I don't think it's reverse flow.
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

ok well how would I go about correcting this problem? by the way thanks for the help

01 black ss #0966

Comment

i cant stand hyperChit............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I'm sure you'll have to bleed the air, but for the life of me I can't remember the proceedure for the LS1. My manual is on "loan" to someone so I can't look it up for ya either. The systems in these cars will always need to be bled due to the low height and location of the radiator.

Comment

The factory shop manual has no procedure for bleeding air on an LS1 cooling system (I have the manual and personally checked it). Also, I just had my dealer change the coolant on mine (to avoid the hassles of capturing/disposing of the old coolant) and they also said it isn't necessary to bleed these systems because I asked that very question.

Have you checked your coolant level? Is your overflow bottle full? I don't mean to sound too elementary but many times we all overlook the obvious. I was also trying to see where the high temperature sensor is located but I can't find it referenced in the shop manual......it's probably in there somewhere but it's not obvious....I sure wish they could write these manuals a bit differently.
                    Dave S
                    2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

not to be a smartass.but bleeding is as simple as running your car w/ the radiator cap off.as the coolant circulates it will pick up air and push it to the cap where it can escape out of the system.this might not get all the air pockets out right away but over a period of time the air will work itself to the highest point[radiator cap]and when you open it the coolant level will be low because the fluid replace the air pocket you had.remember that when the cap is on the system is pressurized therefore moving everything [that the open cap didnt] though when the thermostat opens up . hope this helps
                      99' TA 347 H/C MS4, QTP headers, 9' 4.11's
                      11.05@ 125 on motor, 9.80 @142 on nitrous

Comment

Working...
                      X