Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB little splinter... this picture makes me hurt!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
    There was a show on TV a whiile back where 2 friends on a motorcycle impaled themselves on a pole sticking out from a truck. they were both stuck together and had to go to surgery like that.
    I saw that on Max X. Ouch. The pole went through both of their left shoulder/rib area. They went through several hours of surgery while a news camera or someone filmed them. I think it was in Thailand or somewhere in that south Asian area.
    97 SS #C007
    Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
    SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Snopes article

Origins: Unlike most photographs of this nature which we receive, this picture (simulated in the sketch above) has been widely forwarded without any accompanying explanatory text to explain its putative back story.

An informant has told us that the photograph originated in the trauma bay of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences' (UAMS) emergency room. According to this source, the patient shown in the photo crashed his truck through a fence, causing a large fence post to come through part of the truck's engine and firewall before catching on spring wire in the back of the front seat, impaling the driver in the process. The patient was reportedly treated in the operating room but died a few days later of infection.

We have not yet been able to independently verify these details, however.

Last updated: 28 March 2004

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
        There was a show on TV a whiile back where 2 friends on a motorcycle impaled themselves on a pole sticking out from a truck. they were both stuck together and had to go to surgery like that.
        I actually saw that as well, it was on max x on spike tv.
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

well

well he is never gona suffer from constipation again
          http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
          C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
          mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

I suppose you could say that he has a high fiber diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              I suppose you could say that he has a high fiber diet.
              or... He's sporting extreme wood.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Wow... talk about getting shafted.
                - Polo Green 1993 Formula 6-Speed
                - Moroso Intake, Hooker Catback, 3.42s, MSD Digital 6, Pro 5.0, TB Bypass, Lakewood Rear Control Arms, Torque Arms & Mounts, 2000 SS Brakes, C5 Vette Wheels, Koni Adjustables, Hooker Super Comp LTs (not installed... yet.)
                - 13.6 with just gears and exhaust

Comment

ouch......................................
                  1967 Camaro "Project"
                  1972 Chevelle "454"
                  1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Working...
                  X