ls1 axle into lt1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can any one shed some light pleas
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Originally posted by bigtow
      are the axle shafts the same on my 93 formula as the ones in a 2001 camaro? how can i identfi weather a axle is torsen equpit. and will a torsen diff put up with the abuse that it is likey to get (check signature pic for a clue as to how it will be treated ) i may well run gas at a later date so i need to know that its gona be strong enough
      Here is what I can tell you. Here are the part numbers from the parts list.
      93-94=26063146
      95-97=26063144
      98-02=26059962
      The rear brake rotors are different on the LT1 and LS1 cars.
      From what ExtinctBird says, I'd say they are slightly different.

I don't know of a way to tell from the outside if it has a Torsen in it or not. If all non posi equipped cars like 6 cylinder cars had drum brakes which I don't know, a V8 4th gen will have rear disc brakes. The regular limited slip axle, with the drive shaft spinning freely, if you turn one tire, the other one will rotate in the same direction. The Torsen will rotate in the opposite direction just like a non limited slip rear end. Weird I know.

If it can survive an LS1 car, It will survive your LT1 car. There isn't anything to wear out in them like regular limited slip rear ends referring to clutches.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

now i am realy confused theres a guy with a 2001 camaro axle that neads a axle shaft or my guy at the trans shop has got a new eaton for sale which will be the beter option whole axle and posible abs problems or rebuild mine and fit 3.73 gears at the same time
        http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
        C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigtow
          now i am realy confused theres a guy with a 2001 camaro axle that neads a axle shaft or my guy at the trans shop has got a new eaton for sale which will be the beter option whole axle and posible abs problems or rebuild mine and fit 3.73 gears at the same time
          I'm guessing you might have a problem with availability of used parts or even new parts. If that is the case, you might have to go with rebuilding yours just because it may be a PITA to get an axle for a 2001 over there.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Yeah if you were closer I have a whole axle for a 2001 f-body sitting with rotors but not calipers. It has never been in a car. I would make someone a great deal on it too.

Comment

i think it will be easer to get a replacement diff carrier i eaton than try and find a torsen axle over here in the uk. i may as well replace he gears at the same time. would i be beter off replacing the crush sleeve with a solid item and is ther and advantagein changing the diff cover with a cast one like they sell at summit

Comment

Working...
              X