!!Test Drive!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!Test Drive!!

I test drove a 2001 Z06 yesterday with my dad. I'll I have to say is wow. I have never driven a car with so much power, words cant describe it, it also is like glued to the road, my pops is considering buying it as an investment car. But i dunno yet, hope so
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Originally posted by blackthunder50
    my pops is considering buying it as an investment car
    LOL... what??? Finding an "investment car" is like finding a brave Frenchman, or other various oxy-morons.

Anyway... I know what you mean about the Z06, it's incredible.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

If your dad wants to "invest" money, the worst place he could possibly put it is in a 2001 Corvette.

The 2001 Vette is going to drop in value drastically before it bottoms out. He will lose a ton of money on it.

If he wants to buy a Vette for investment, he should buy one that is somewhat rare, and already at it's basement price. I would recommend a low mile 1996 LT4 car. Perhaps a 40th aniversary edition convertible? He could at least break even on that car in 5 years.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I will definately tell him, he really just wants another one, because we used to have a 1963 fuel injected car and a 1972 454 corvette, he said its time for another one, haha.
        1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Z06s are wonderful cars. If given the choice, I'd pick the 02 over the 01. Just more goodies built into the car.

Either way, you can't go wrong.
          Here is a pic of my car the day before I sold it.

Here's a little tire smokin action for you. I did this just before I got rid of the Z06 and got my C6 Coupe. Please be patient, the upload on my cable modem is 386.

http://performin.homeip.net/videos/burnout.mov
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Well done PN.. Now that you have some miles on the C6, how does it compare to the Z06?
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
              LOL... what??? Finding an "investment car" is like finding a brave Frenchman
              they dont exist we know we live next to them " how could you tell witch ones wer the french army during the gulf war. they were the ones withe the sunburnt armpits" lol no offence honnest
              http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
              C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
              mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
                Well done PN.. Now that you have some miles on the C6, how does it compare to the Z06?
                The car is much more refined. Much quieter. Even easier to drive. Has wonderful creature comforts. Powerband is much flatter and the car has much more torque down low. Pulls like a freight train at low rpms. Reminescent of my Viper. Maybe feels stronger due to the gearing.
                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                X