turn signal tec question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn signal tec question

can sombody explain how the rear turn signals are wired to flash on my 93 formula. as i am in the uk my car has had the turn signals converted to amber by cuting the center red section out of each lamp unit and a pice of orange acrilic put in and rewired so only that section flashes. i want to convert it back to red flashers and posibley use one of the secquncers so each bulb flashes in turn like the old thunderbirds and some mustangs. so i want to know how they are wired up. i would have thought that the wire coming from the turn signal switch goes to the earth of the lam units so when it is off and the lights are on the bulbs earth through the indactors but when you turn the switch on it cuts the earth and makes it flash and the same when the lights are off ie earth through the lights. i know it is a bit long winded but i can not explain it any other way sorry i hope you understand what i meen
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

They are essentially the same as this schematic.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

does the tail lamp harnes come as a seperait part to the whole loom ie unplug mine and replace with a new harness?
      http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
      C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
      mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

The tail lamp harness should unplug somewhere at the left rear.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
        X