• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    Fred, one of the stickies at the top of the forum reads:

Forum Rules......

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4609

It's pretty danged hard to miss it unless you choose to ignor it.

Since you brought it up...

It would be nice if the forum rules were the first post in the stickied thread titled "Forum Rules". Sure they're 4 posts down, and nothing more than the generic rules found at all forums. If you don't configure the forum software, thats what you get anyway when you sign up as a user! Thats like expecting everyone to read and understand an EULA.

Seriously, if there is a thread titled "Forum Rules," the rules should be the first thing in it. Three weeks passed from the first post until the rules were actually posted. And honestly, my thought process when I opened that thread was, "Hmmm he didn't write any rules, so there must not be any rules" because I can't take a what a person writes seriously if they write gr8 so I thought he was joking!

If you want someone to follow the rules, they have to be posted. I've seen several obvious street racing posts here, personally I find that obscene. What I don't find obscene (though I understand that some people do) is foul language. One of the words edited out from what I wrote is easily considered foul. The other was "f'in" and if the moderator that starts the "Forum Rules" thread starts this then I should be able to get away with a contraction.

I didn't chose to ignore it... I just didn't understand it.

Note: I feel that I was contacted by PM not because of the contraction, but because of the 'other' word I had written. I also feel that my post was edited because of the 'other' word. But I do see the "well if I'm going to edit this one, I might as well edit that one too" point of view and understand why both were edited. However, if you look at my post again, there is another word that could be considered foul, but wasn't edited. I don't know what is considered vulgar, and I'm not asking for a list, and I'm probably dangerously close to falling over the edge. But come on, put something in the forum rules. And if there is something more well defined, then put a link to it in the first post of the forum rules!

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

PROJECT: Firebird '68 Firebird Convertible // 455 Engine // 389 Tri-Power Intake // 4 Speed Manual Trans

Comment

Originally posted by Noggin
      Since you brought it up...
      Actually, in order to post you had to read those rules and click the "I agree" button just to register. So basically you did read them (or chose not to) and simply went on. Those sticky rules are a reminder.

With that, I think that this thread is done...... before my patience gets done.

Comment

Working...
      X