Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much better sound do you get from slp l/m than magnaflow?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea the l/m seems to be the fav. around here. i like mine lots, it gets a tad noisy inside the car from time to time but hey if you dont like it go buy a honduh.
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by CRM
      i finaly got my slp l/m its awesome!!!! Much better than the magnaflow and its really deep
      i love it thanks guy's

the only disadvantage it that cruising 2000rpm it growels and very loudly but i can get rid of it by putting a mufler instead of the resenator. i heard borla is like $100 with a great sound!
      You wouldn't have a loud mouth if you did that.

Loud mouth is over price garabge. All it is, a mater of fact is a resonator and some pipe.

I can do that in a custom exhuast shop for cheaper with the same effect and loose the coffee can raspy effect the loud mouth has.

If you want something mean, try boom tubes. They are by far the most awesome sounded exhuast. Just really $$$$$$$$
      Michael Key
      Virginia's F-Body Enthusiast Community - NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

HR3rdGen.org

Comment

Check out Sweet Thunder too. I've got one of their chambered mufflers and it sounds great. Glad you like the LM...I think its the best cat-back for the price.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

First you say its too quiet. Now you say its too loud. Should have listened to my previous posting. The noise will eventually get to you. Then you will put a muffler in place of the resonator, and your back to where your started. lol Magnaflow exhaust. Much easier to cap, and uncap with a twist of 3 wing nuts then welding back, and forth. I only open my cutout on average of once a week for just a short drive, and by the time I get home can't wait to cap it up again. Drives me nuts, but fun for a very short time. lol My 2 cents.
          94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

after a few minutes and everything worming up..
            my LM with 3 inch y-pipe and hi flo cat sounds like a Damn Airplaine landing.. raspy what raspy......
            eddie
            1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Originally posted by pennylessz28
              You wouldn't have a loud mouth if you did that.

Loud mouth is over price garabge. All it is, a mater of fact is a resonator and some pipe.

I can do that in a custom exhuast shop for cheaper with the same effect and loose the coffee can raspy effect the loud mouth has.

If you want something mean, try boom tubes. They are by far the most awesome sounded exhuast. Just really $$$$$$$$
              Actually, yes you will still have a LoudMouth, there's not much sound difference just takes out the raspiness (if that's a problem for you). This is what has been done to mine along with many others and most everyone is happy with it.

If that's your opinion of the Loudmouth, that's fine. While it is a resonator and piping, that's all any exhaust system is, with a muffler in place of a resonator. The reason the LM is $300+ and not $400-$800 like most, if not all, other cat-backs is the simplicity of the design. The only reason it is $300 and not less is that its stainless steel, not aluminized steel like what most exhaust shops fabricate. What seperates it from the rest, minus Borla, is that there's no cross-flow muffler whatsoever, so flow is up drastically. I have yet to see an exhaust shop that will fab. up a system out of stainless steel of a similar design for that cheap. Its the best bang-for-the-buck cat-back you can get and I'd be willing to put it up against any fab. job with confidence that the LM will out-flow a fab. job.

</rant>
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by EquatorHeat00
                First you say its too quiet. Now you say its too loud. Should have listened to my previous posting. The noise will eventually get to you. Then you will put a muffler in place of the resonator, and your back to where your started. lol Magnaflow exhaust. Much easier to cap, and uncap with a twist of 3 wing nuts then welding back, and forth. I only open my cutout on average of once a week for just a short drive, and by the time I get home can't wait to cap it up again. Drives me nuts, but fun for a very short time. lol My 2 cents.
                Actually, you're not back to Magnaflow by any means. I've got a chambered muffler on my LM system and its louder than Magnaflow, hands down. Idles louder, sounds better and barks meaner. Take a look on www.ls1sounds.com for the sound of a LM with a different muffler.
                Steve

Comment

Working...
                X