15 Years Ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Years Ago

Hello everyone...just wanted to drop by and say hello.

I am a moderator over at vBorg (vbulletin.org - The Official vBulletin Modifications Site) and I recently saw a user online there that reminded me of my involvement many years ago in the fbody community. I traced that user to this site. I remember Al from the good old days.

15 years ago I had recently purchased a 2002 Camaro SS LE, and joined SLP's forum to see what I could find out about the car I loved as much as life itself. My username in those days was gauSSian. Some of you may remember me...the math dude from the nation's oldest city.

In the intervening years, I have since become a vBulletin coder, and I help admin several sites, first and foremost is a math help site which I have poured my heart and soul into customizing. But...I always think back to my days on SLP's site with great fondness...that was quite the active community, and there was always something fun going on there...those were the golden years of forums before social media and mobile device users "ruined" the internet.

I have since given my SS to my nephew, the same young man who attended an SLP Customer Appreciation Day in Orlando as a boy:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"","data-size":"full","title":"ssweet.jpg","data-attachmentid":256594}[/ATTACH]

He's now 25 years old, and I wanted him to enjoy the car, after all the mods I did to it. He loves it, and I couldn't be happier.

How many of you recall SLP's forum? Who can forget BDubLS1, KenC (wolfdogs) & Mary, Sneezy, CamSS, Dave, Xero, Jeff, Bandit, Dragan, Mike, Flamin' Bird, BiSScuit, MMMM_ERT and many others? Remember the drama...LOL?

I attended Skyline 2003, and do you all recall BDub slipping out in the dead of night? I met Al at this event and purchased several T-shirts commemorating the event. Man, those were some good times. If you have some memories from those times, I would sure love to hear them!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MarkFL; 06-06-2017, 10:42 PM.
    Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Hey there Mark, Your post sure does bring back memories, I still am in contact with many of them from the SLP Board...By the way your old login gauSSian account still exists here on f-body.com, I have managed to retain all this site's past while updating it.

Also sounds like you have one lucky nephew with an awesome uncle, That is great to see the 35th still being enjoyed.
    Last edited by 35th_camaro_ss; 06-07-2017, 01:27 AM.
    Extreme Memorabilia custom embroidery

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Comment

Hey Al...I noticed my old account was still here, but I have long since forgotten the password, and I no longer have the same email address from those days, so I just thought it would be easier all the way around to create a new account.

I recalled a couple more names from those days: GitSum, fbodfather, JeffY, CamaroSCG, Mike Bonte...

Back then, users seemed to be more savvy...now I hear complaints from users that they can't figure out how to post...LOL!
      Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Comment

Yeah, many good times with always something entertaining.

​​​​​​Mark, I sent you an email...later I can set your old account to your current email

2002 CAMARO SS, 35th LE # 115 ttop, M6, CME, SLP Long Tube Headers, Random High Flow Cats, SLP Strut Tower Brace, SLP Bolt on Sub Frame Connectors.

Comment

Okay, that would be cool...I just didn't want to be a bother.

Comment

I thought this place was dead and gone. It's nice to see it up. Lots of good memories!
            Attached Files
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Was able to preserve all the old accounts and post history, should be able to search and visit the past...Welcome to check in anytime and take a look around, I'm working on some customizing still...notice the photo gallery at the top of the page. It shows the most recent uploaded pictures.
              Al

Comment

Hello everyone,

I've had a great deal going on lately, including IB taking a dump on vBorg which resulted in my stepping down from my position on staff and moving support for my extensive line of vB products elsewhere, and buying a new PC and having to migrate everything to the new machine, and on top of that my internet connection has been hit and miss...if it ain't one thing it's another...LOL!

I'm very happy to report that my nephew loves the SS LE and is having a blast with it. He's had it up to 155 mph, and while can relate (as I've driven my Z06 at 180 mph), I made sure he understands that at extreme speeds there are extreme consequences...but I don't want to be a wet blanket on his experiences...I know firsthand what that's like. I simply told him to be careful and carefully pick and choose when pushing the limits is appropriate.

Comment

Glad to hear that your LE is still being enjoyed. Yes, I too have enjoyed some "Spirited Driving", sometimes I just have to....haha.

Comment

Hi everyone! I was on the SLP board and at the 2002 to 2006 Skyline Drive cruises. Those were great times!
                    I remember BDub slipping out in the dead of night. I think he later posted he had to go to a prom, which didn't seem to make sense.
                    I remember talking to you Mark for a while at the 2003 Skyline cruise. (that's me in the dark blue jacket). You were posting on Fbodyaddict for a while.
                    I still have my SOM Camaro SS and it's almost got 89K miles on it. I also have a 2008 Trailblazer SS which is fun to drive.
                    I will check back soon.
                    -Steve [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":256870}[/ATTACH]
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Steve,

Yes, I remember you from SLP's forum (didn't you have a wolf avatar? Remember the "monster thread?"), fbodyaddict.com and also I remember talking to you at Skyline. Glad to hear you're still enjoying your SS, and that you've found this site.

Thanks for posting the pic...I had forgotten I used to have long hair back then...LOL!

Comment

That monster thread on the SLP forum was hysterical! I used to sign in everyday to check it. That was the most fun I've ever had on a message board!
                        It was in a seldom looked at forum, but Dave finally found out what was going on in there.
                        Yes, that was me with the wolf avatar.

"The point of the journey is not to arrive" Prime Mover-Rush

Comment

Working...
                        X