No announcement yet.

New Camaro Pics Leaked...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I better start saving. That thing looks sic. I can't wait to see power and performance numbers.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Well I have seen the pics and under close inspection they are at best a clay model car, as both halfes are differnt and there are jacks holding it up to give it its stance. I dont mind the design but its very obvious that this is in the alpha stages of development. I look forward to seeing the concept, which will also change, and then the finished product.
      By the CAD Drawings of the underside looks like they are thinking full dual exhaust, Full Independant Suspention, Transaxle? or just a large rear housing. Looks like they may be building it to swap parts with some other IRS car.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

read scott settlemires post on chirpthird.....that says it all. lets give gm time to get things in order.....if we are truly fans.....lets act like em, not like a bunch of metal hp hungry dont give a cr@p pirates......

my 2 centavos.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Here's a post Scott made on camaroz28.com. The pics were a work in progress. I don't think they're exactly what we'll see in Detroit. Jan 9 is the real thing!

First.....thank you Jason and Chris for 'doing the right thing"........you could have increased your web traffic by a huge margin yesterday, but you once again have proved to many many people that you are --both of you-- a class act. I'm truly grateful.

To my fellow enthusiasts. I think I'm pleased, for the most part, as to the comments I'm hearing. Yes, there will always be a few that have harsh words....that's to be expected. I still look forward with great relish to watching the faces and expressions of my fellow enthusiasts as they see the concept in person for the first time....(you have no idea of how much I look forward to it.......)

Now.........why am I upset? (let's forget the Corp. position for a moment, shall we?)

How many times have you met someone......and your first impression was "Well, if he/she wasn't

>all sweaty/dressed poorly/bad-hair-day/20 pounds overweight/bad mood/ --insert anything bad here -- <

...........he/she would be a knockout...........

See what I mean? First impressions are oh-so important. We did not get the chance to control a first impression. The pictures you saw are obviously not of a finished product.

WE won't go into the financial impact this will have on GM....but suffice to say it will.

We do want your input.......but there's a proper way to get that. Your input, believe it or not, has been somewhat compromised in that, again, you did not see a finished product.

Moreover, it started a firestorm of controversy on several sites..and people started flinging insults back and forth.....and in a few cases, some close friends were summarily flamed beyond recognition. Because of someones' (that's plural, by the way) poor judgement, people are now mad at each other. That is even MORE unfortunate.

So........yup.......I am beyond angry at the GM or contract employee that allowed these photos to be posted. I suppose I will eventually lose some of my anger at a few webmasters that also played a part in this scenario.

All that said..........I hope you like what you saw. It is not the finished concept...and moreover, you can never adequately or fairly judge a product by a picture......esp. one like you saw. I hope that each of you will get to see the concept in person as it tours the country to several autoshows and events.......and that you are even more excited and enthused.

I hope that there's a lot of good that comes from this unfortunate experience......and that now, most, if not all of you can plainly see that 'The Future Indeed Looks Bright!"
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
            read scott settlemires post on chirpthird.....that says it all. lets give gm time to get things in order.....if we are truly fans.....lets act like em, not like a bunch of metal hp hungry dont give a cr@p pirates......

my 2 centavos.
            Exactly what I ment by my post. Dont judge the car on what we see in the pics as we have no idea how old or recent the pics are. They could be months old for all we know. I found the comments on other boards to be in great distaste. I cant wait to see what shows up in Jan.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
              Exactly what I ment by my post. Dont judge the car on what we see in the pics as we have no idea how old or recent the pics are. They could be months old for all we know. I found the comments on other boards to be in great distaste. I cant wait to see what shows up in Jan.
              The armchair quarterbacks all seem to spew forth such a huge volume of opinions as to how GM is supposed to design it's vehicles, run it's company, etc... all the while working as a clerk at the local Wal-mart or Burger King. Much of what I read on those other sites reminds me of why I'm in here.

Now as far as the new Camaro, I am certain that by the time the finished product is ready for it's debut, it will be worthy. In my humble opinion, if GM can make the car more rigid and resistant to flex, the styling cues will grow on the public as time goes on. It's the underlying basic quality issues of fit and finish that must be dead on else buyers will run toward the other manufacturers.

Comment

I think it would look awesome if they'd flatten the front end to look more like a first gen.
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

I like it! Great beginning, lots of potential!
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I'm torn...I can see GM is trying to revive the 1st gen look, but really...is it worthy of the Camaro nameplate? I don't think so...in my opinion the front end a lil ugly, too bulky. It needs work...then again, pics don't do the car justice. I just hope the real deal is drop dead gorgeous.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I like this look:

Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:
                      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

^^^ looks amazing . . .

If those other shots ar it i think it needs a much wider stance to get the respect it deserves.
                        -Nick-
                        95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ

Now that's just mean...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                            should be somewhere on your hard drive... Check your temp files. Shouldn't be too hard to find if you know what you're doing.
                            Already checked there. The pictures were hotlinked on the site I saw them on so they weren't saved to my harddrive. And I keep my temp files pretty cleaned out, I don't keep them around long.

Randy
                            99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
                            93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Did anyone notice they figured out how to put a true dual exhaust on an f-body?
                              Dave M
                              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                                Did anyone notice they figured out how to put a true dual exhaust on an f-body?
                                No they didnt. This new Camaro will not be a F-body.
                                Tracy
                                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                                Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                                X