the challenger ..in person...much better

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by casey02ws6
    I know - I was just poking fun at Wolfman and his GTO. My car is no light weight!
    Yeah, I know you were giving the old man a hard time. I was just comparing the two.

Comment

It must be winter or something - nothing better to do than to beg for an e-beating!
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
        4100 pounds???? That's as heavy as a GTO!
        yeah.......but with these twin tur..........never mind...........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Well, I got a chance to see it as well. I do like the design, it's classic. Absolutely loved the color! It is quite big tough. I sat in a 300 and tried to imagine what it would be like. I couldn't picture it feeling right.

Mustang was definitely better than it's previous iterations, but still not quite there. I did admire the engine compartment though. Spark plugs...sooo easy to get to!

It's a funny thing at an auto show. I saw all these wonderful cars and got a chance to pick over them, but at the end I was happy to be going back to the Camaro.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I will definitely give the Challenger a serious look come production time. For now, the T/A will suit me fine.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Im still savin for the new camaro when it comes-if it comes

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
              2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

The concept Challenger is a true muscle car in every way from the exterior design to the gauges. I am probably one of the few who thinks the size is perfect. My '79 T/A is 198in long and so is the concept . The 2nd gen was my favorite iteration of the Trans Am. I would love to see an SRT-8 version. It will be interesting to see it in production. It is likely that it that it will only be offered in an automatic. If so, I will probably pass.

Here is the Allpar write-up on it:

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html
                '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

i love the interior though...very modern, but old school black. It's growing on me. I just hope the new Camaro can answer the calling.

It's really not that big...considering our cars hover around 191 inches long. What's another 6-7 inches? At least the wheel base shortens the overhangs. I'm intrested on how heavy it is...it looks to be around 3700+ lbs

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                  X