This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latinos going on strike May 1st

Today I got into a debate with my boss on illegal immigration. He's originally from Peru, but he's now a U.S. citizen (a legal one). Long story short, he informed me that he and all of the latinos he knows, all of the latinos they know (and so on) plan on skipping out on their jobs on May 1st in protest of everyone that opposes this new law. They feel that all of the illegals should just be allowed into our country. Just a heads up, but feel free to share your thoughts.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Originally posted by Nightrage
    Today I got into a debate with my boss on illegal immigration. He's originally from Peru, but he's now a U.S. citizen (a legal one). We got into a huge debate over the illegal immigration issue. Long story short, he informed me that he and all of the latinos he knows, all of the latinos they know (and so on) plan on skipping out on their jobs on May 1st in protest. They feel that all of the illegals should just be allowed into our country. Just a heads up, but feel free to share your thoughts.
    If I was an employer, I would fire any employee that skipped out for that. Bunch of worthless.....

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
      If I was an employer, I would fire any employee that skipped out for that. Bunch of worthless.....
      If you do that, you'd automatically be labeled an evil, baby eating racist and have all kinds of crap to deal with. I wish they would do that, but I doubt that's how it will happen. Things seem to be run more now on what's the nice thing to do as opposed to what is the right course of action. Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings now, would we? Walk on eggshells or get sued to hell.

As if the protest isn't bad enough, he told me that I have to work on a day that I'm incapable of working in order to make up for the lack of employees that our store will suffer from on this day. He told me I've got to work on Monday which is one of the days I have Muay Thai. I basically laughed at him to which he responded, "Fine, don't come in. You'll just be helping to support our cause".
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

If you do that, you'd automatically be labeled an evil, baby eating racist and have all kinds of crap to deal with. I wish they would do that, but I doubt that's how it will happen. Things seem to be run more now on what's the nice thing to do as opposed to what is the right course of action. Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings now, would we? Walk on eggshells or get sued to hell.
        I'd still fire them. In fact this may even start a backlash of people not hiring Latinos. I hope it bites them in the a$$. If we don't hire them, they won't keep coming here.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

their just gonna hurt themselfs. wanna come in or be a citizen do it legally and go fill the paper workout, i mean if u cant fill out simple paper, GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY.
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Once you fill out the paper work how many years does it take to get approval? Just curious. It can't be that easy.
            Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

It depends on a lot of things. I worked with a guy from Mexico who went through the process in just under six months time. His Brother's family, however, took over two years to become legal. I don't really know what the stipulations were that held up one process and not the other.

Either way, it's something that has to be done. If you want to be here that bad, do the necessary paperwork first.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

As if the protest isn't bad enough, he told me that I have to work on a day that I'm incapable of working in order to make up for the lack of employees that our store will suffer from on this day. He told me I've got to work on Monday which is one of the days I have Muay Thai. I basically laughed at him to which he responded, "Fine, don't come in. You'll just be helping to support our cause".
                What exactly is their cause? what's the point of what they're doing? I don't get it.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

we have a very very serious problem in this country, and its growing by leap and bounds.......

immigrants comming in left and right, buying up homes, then bringing other families over to live with them after they secure a home, that they used all the money pooled from these other faimilies to buy....to make them "qualified"... the highways are jammed with traffic, every other vehicle is drive by someone that cant speak english hardly......

we are going to lose our country people........ its comming. its gonna be a mess here.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                    What exactly is their cause? what's the point of what they're doing? I don't get it.
                    They are trying to prove that WITHOUT them, the US economy will faulter. Also, they want rights...funny thing is, they aren't citizens and aren't subjected to any laws of our land. You can't protest for rights when you aren't entitled to it. The way I see it, if they weren't migrating here over the years, those jobs that they are walking away from on May 1st to prove a point would be filled by Americans. Who says no one would want the jobs they have...someone will do them. Heck, I'd work for 18 buck an hour doing construction. Besides, isn't that want women fantisize about? LOL! A good looking construction worker? I think I fit that profile. HAHA!!!

There is not easy answer to the illegals problem. I wouldn't have a problem if they came here to work and honestly try to become Americans. They have no intentions of being an American. They work and send the money home basically. They don't pay taxes and reap a lot of health benefits...

The way I see it, if they don't want to follow the laws that governs this land and haev no intentions of becoming legal citizens, they need to be shipped back home.

I'm sure half are decent people, but in reality, they are leeches...sucking up our resources.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                      every other vehicle is drive by someone that cant speak english hardly......
                      its comming.
                      lol, sorry just thought that was too funny not to point out. If I didn't, somebody else would
                      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                        we are going to lose our country people........ its comming. its gonna be a mess here.
                        The scary thing is...Ken, you're absolutely right. America isn't what it used to be...there isn't any more pride. Not saying it's the case with everyone, but just take a look around you...the old timers can chime in. No one cares anymore. I wish Mr. Regan was still around...talk about a President that brought a country together.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Just before he stormed out of the room (remember, this guy is a manager, God knows why) he said to me, "They can fire me if they want. I don't care. You people don't help us, we don't work. That simple". He's been in the country for ten years with some form of work program, learned English at a local college, now he's a manager who makes a decent salary and owns two homes. This is an immigrant who came into the country without knowing a word of English. How is it that in ten years he was able to afford not only one home, but two? He started off making what any other grocery store clerk makes and moved up. It's not just that he owns two homes (he rents one of them out) but he lives a life of luxury as well. He has a big screen TV, one of those plasma screen ones or whatever they are, surround sound system, a brand new, fully loaded Nissan Murano, a brand new Nissan Pathfinder which is also fully loaded, he's able to support his "wife" and two children and he still loves to laugh and brag to me about how much he makes. The man is rude to customers, doesn't do anything to help anyone and somehow he became a manager. I'd love to know how this happened. I was born and raised in this country, I've been working since I'm 15 and I'll consider myself lucky if I'm able to afford a used Civic from the mid 90's to use as a daily driver in the winter. Something is horribly wrong here.
                          SOLD- Kinda miss it
                          SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                            I wish Mr. Regan was still around...talk about a President that brought a country together.
                            Best President in my lifetime. I have a strong feeling I'll be saying that when I'm 90.
                            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

there was a kid handing out papers to the hispanic crowd saying to skip work and skool monday i told him go ahead, they'll just find a homeless person to do the work instead. he just looked at me like i had 2 heads. what i dont get is the fact that if they left, our un-employment rate would be like .01 percent or something very low to what it is now. i have no problems if u came here legally, learned the lang. and what not. but i hate u if u snuck in the back door, go around speaking w/e lang. they speak then exepect AMERICANS to understand you. we gotta learn their language when we go to their country
                              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
                              X