August 22nd... and Iran

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfman
    if its that serious, why isn't the hyper crazy @$$ media running away with it non stop? i dont think anyone has a clue whats going on......
    Because the media wants them to win. They just won't admit it. You see if they win George Bush looses and that's what they really want. How pathetic.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
      if its that serious, why isn't the hyper crazy @$$ media running away with it non stop? i dont think anyone has a clue whats going on......
      Well maybe they are. http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...orrow_doo.html
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

All the comments in that article are kinda funny... Some are worthy, but others are simply put, "hilarious"....

Media loves misery, and misery loves company. I guess Iran and the Media are a perfect pair.....
        Michael Gulley

Kansas City Pontiac Motorsports
        http://www.kcpmc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          That's right. So why is everybody ignoring it? Why does everyone ignore them when they say Israel and the US should be wiped off the face of the earth? Is that a declaration of war? Is it because people think we are too far way from them for them to do us any harm? People have short memories. The US is over 200 years old. I think it has Alzheimer's disease.
          Maybe it's because we're tired of seeing people die in the name of "freedom and peace".

The whole concept of going to war to create peace in the middle east is just ludicrous to begin with. We are never going to create peace over there. The more and more we try, the deeper and deeper we get. It's possible we're in too deep that we can no longer just 'stay out of it'... but another pre-emptive strike would just be completely asinine and show absolutely no ability to learn from the events of the past 5 years.

We are wasting our time, our money, our resources, and our soldiers' lives. Let the barbarians kill themselves off and get as far away as we can.

Let me give you this analogy...

When I walked to class in college, I walked through a rather underprivileged neighborhood. Like most underprivileged neighborhoods, a lot of people that lived there didn't take very good care of their property or their pets. There was this nasty dog that would bark and growl his head off at me every time I walked past. Clearly, he was threatening me continuously. How did I know he couldn't jump over the fence and come after me? I didn't... but I certainly wasn't going to run up to the fence, open it up and attempt to bite him before he bit me. I stayed out of it, and ignored him - and all his barking - until the end of the semester when his owner left the gate opened. He charged out at me from behind... when I heard him coming, I turned around, grabbed my backpack from the strap and held it so I could swing it if needed. We stood face to face about 8 feet apart until the dog made a move at me... immediately - without hesitation - I made a move right back at him (I had the hair on my neck standing up, and my veins bulging - I was ready to throw fists, kicks, whatever was needed because I knew I couldn't outrun him)... the dog put on its brakes so quick it almost fell on its side... it wimpered and ran back to its yard. (This story is 100% true)

So what did I learn form this that I would like my country to use in this Iran conflict?

1) Just because the dog is barking, doesn't mean it deserves your attention
          2) If he hasn't proven he can jump the fence, then stay on the other side and you'll be safe
          3) Jumping the fence to start a fight would be stupid
          4) Angry words and threats mean very little when you actually come to a standoff
          5) Fighting defensively is much better than fighting offensively
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

i know one thing, my "pack" is not nieve...... we have a stock of food and water that you wont believe, dog food, and meds, and the tanks stay full on the suv and van... and we are 50 miles from DC.......the real "impact zone".... trouble is, im right across the river in stal city when i work.......

i told mary....unless im covered in radioactive dust, ill get home...... and i wont be unarmed either....... i'll rambo my way home if i have too......LOL

overkill? no. prepared? yes. you just dont know anymore........ better safe than sorry.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
              Maybe it's because we're tired of seeing people die in the name of "freedom and peace".

The whole concept of going to war to create peace in the middle east is just ludicrous to begin with. We are never going to create peace over there. The more and more we try, the deeper and deeper we get. It's possible we're in too deep that we can no longer just 'stay out of it'... but another pre-emptive strike would just be completely asinine and show absolutely no ability to learn from the events of the past 5 years.

We are wasting our time, our money, our resources, and our soldiers' lives. Let the barbarians kill themselves off and get as far away as we can.

Let me give you this analogy...

When I walked to class in college, I walked through a rather underprivileged neighborhood. Like most underprivileged neighborhoods, a lot of people that lived there didn't take very good care of their property or their pets. There was this nasty dog that would bark and growl his head off at me every time I walked past. Clearly, he was threatening me continuously. How did I know he couldn't jump over the fence and come after me? I didn't... but I certainly wasn't going to run up to the fence, open it up and attempt to bite him before he bit me. I stayed out of it, and ignored him - and all his barking - until the end of the semester when his owner left the gate opened. He charged out at me from behind... when I heard him coming, I turned around, grabbed my backpack from the strap and held it so I could swing it if needed. We stood face to face about 8 feet apart until the dog made a move at me... immediately - without hesitation - I made a move right back at him (I had the hair on my neck standing up, and my veins bulging - I was ready to throw fists, kicks, whatever was needed because I knew I couldn't outrun him)... the dog put on its brakes so quick it almost fell on its side... it wimpered and ran back to its yard. (This story is 100% true)

So what did I learn form this that I would like my country to use in this Iran conflict?

1) Just because the dog is barking, doesn't mean it deserves your attention
              2) If he hasn't proven he can jump the fence, then stay on the other side and you'll be safe
              3) Jumping the fence to start a fight would be stupid
              4) Angry words and threats mean very little when you actually come to a standoff
              5) Fighting defensively is much better than fighting offensively
              One small difference. In the real world the dog is developing a nuclear weapon without you knowing it that he can launch from behind his fence and not only destroy your house but your entire city. Do you wait for him to finish making his bomb and launch it or do you go after him and destroy him so he can't destroy you. Not a good parallel. You can't wait when you are dealing with WMDs. You can't afford a bloody nose before you take action. WMDs don't deliver a bloody nose. They take your leg or your arm or your head off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                One small difference. In the real world the dog is developing a nuclear weapon without you knowing it that he can launch from behind his fence and not only destroy your house but your entire city. Do you wait for him to finish making his bomb and launch it or do you go after him and destroy him so he can't destroy you. Not a good parallel. You can't wait when you are dealing with WMDs. You can't afford a bloody nose before you take action. WMDs don't deliver a bloody nose. They take your leg or your arm or your head off.
                I disagree. Again, the ONLY country to every use a nuclear weapon in the history of the world, is the United States of America. We are the only country who has given anyone just cause to suspect we will actually use a nuclear weapon. Just because a country is building a weapon, doesn't mean it intends on using it as an offensive strike. I'm sure you have neighbors that you don't really care for, right? I'm sure you have neighbors that have guns, right? Do you automatically assume, that just because you don't get along with your neighbor, that he intends to use his gun to kill you? Or isn't it far more likely that he owns that gun for the means of defending himself should someone ever intrude into his house?

If you then, break in to your neighbor's house in attempts to neutralize his gun, aren't you therefore creating the very same menace for which your neighbor has armed himself to defend against? You deserve to get shot.
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

The dog has already jumped the fence and attacked. In fact, He jumped the fence decades ago.

http://www.army.mil/terrorism/
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                    The dog has already jumped the fence and attacked. In fact, He jumped the fence decades ago.

http://www.army.mil/terrorism/
                    Invading Iran =/= invading the terrorists. It's unbelievable how many people can't understand that you can't assign a nation to these terrorists. They don't represent a country, they represent an ideal.

Iran is acting as a sovereign nation - because that's exactly what they are. I don't understand why we think we have any right to impose upon that. We do not govern the world.

Comment

Invading Iran =/= invading the terrorists. It's unbelievable how many people can't understand that you can't assign a nation to these terrorists. They don't represent a country, they represent an ideal.

Iran is acting as a sovereign nation - because that's exactly what they are. I don't understand why we think we have any right to impose upon that. We do not govern the world.
                      The governments of Iran, and several other Islamic states are allowing this culture of hate to breed within their borders. These governments are even going as far as to promote it. In their public schools... Guess what the 6 year old kids sing about?? Going to Isreal and becoming a suicide bomber.

These governments must be held responsible for their actions. What they are doing may not be illegal, but the long term repercussions of it will certainly be very damaging to the world in the long run and will definitley end in lots of bloodshed later on. There is less bloodshed involved in stopping it now, before it gets even further out of hand.
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:
                      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

In my opinion, the U.S. sat back and played defensively before 9/11, then those bastards came over here and attacked us. They crossed the line, now they are dealing with the consequences. Iran's leader has been recorded saying that he wants to "wipe Israel off of the map." Now they are building a weapon capable of doing just that. If my neighbor was constantly saying he wanted me to die of a gunshot wound to the head, then one day he comes home with a Glock, I think I would be thinking about preemptively getting that gun away from him before he learns to use it.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I disagree. Again, the ONLY country to every use a nuclear weapon in the history of the world, is the United States of America. We are the only country who has given anyone just cause to suspect we will actually use a nuclear weapon. Just because a country is building a weapon, doesn't mean it intends on using it as an offensive strike. I'm sure you have neighbors that you don't really care for, right? I'm sure you have neighbors that have guns, right? Do you automatically assume, that just because you don't get along with your neighbor, that he intends to use his gun to kill you? Or isn't it far more likely that he owns that gun for the means of defending himself should someone ever intrude into his house?

If you then, break in to your neighbor's house in attempts to neutralize his gun, aren't you therefore creating the very same menace for which your neighbor has armed himself to defend against? You deserve to get shot.
                          You need to add more to the description. The neighbor has called for the death of your family on several occasions. He believes your home and family deserve to die. In that position, what do you do? You call the cops. One problem.... The cops in this case is the UN.

So the cops say to you "Well, they haven't actually acted on anything yet. Even if they do, I'm sure there is a peaceful means to get their cooperation."

Nice. Now you have a neighbor who is arming himself with a gun so powerful, it could effect houses in the surrounding area. The cops don't want to get involved, or at very least, not realisticly. Yet, you have the best arsenal on the block.

This is why these examples don't apply to the governments of the world.
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Russian Jetliner down.

The Russians have not yet confirmed the cause of the crash, But based on the date, I suspect Islamic extremists.

[edit] But, I may be wrong... It's looking like it might have been an accident.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe...ash/index.html
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:

Comment

Well... I'm not sure if THIS is the worst we'll see today (hopefully), but this is the answer I expected.
                              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                                Well... I'm not sure if THIS is the worst we'll see today (hopefully), but this is the answer I expected.
                                More stalling to give more time for them to develop the bomb. Then what cha gonna do.

Comment

Working...
                                X