What sports does everyone play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sports does everyone play?

I swam and played soccer in high school and did very well. I loved the competition and miss it really bad. In college I was burnt out of organized sports so I simply partied and played lots of intramurals. After I graduated, I moved to a strange town and soon realized I needed a sport to play or I'd go crazy. I met some guys who play competitive volleyball and decided to give it a try. I'm tall and athletic so I excelled at it. I now play 3 nights a week with indoor and love it. I didn't know what to expect from the players since I came from a small Midwest school. The persona I came in with was that guys who play VB are sissy/feminine (closed minded and this coming from a swimmer/soccer player! I've since changed). Wow was I wrong. We/they hit that ball at each other so damn hard it's scary. The amount of competition, trash talking, all around ass kicking and beer drinking is incredible and I fit right in. Volleyball, whether it be indoor or sand is huge around here with tourneys every weekend and club teams, which I’m on, all week.

So what do you all play/do in your downtime whether it’s a hobby or a sport?

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

played tennis in high school and college (team)...and play now for fun. used to play USTA leagues and competition but i got burn out on it.....

played two man sand lot volleyball in high school (hawaii). played in leagues till i hurt my knee a few years back . now ..just casual stuff.

but my main drag is..................

Im a gym rat...............

i also shot alot of darts over the years, leagues, stuff like that...

handgun shooting i like alot too.

growing hair is out.......LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I grew up with only baseball. I remember I'd play everyday for months on end. I wasn't until highschool did I really take interest in football and basketball although I was fair in both sports. It wasn't until recently, in a church league, that flag football has taken over. LOL! Now, it's all out football. No guards or protection all out tackle. Nothing feel better than popping someone on the run. Mmm! I love it...

Once I was doing a curl and got popped by a 250lbs lineman for Spelman running full speed; I was only 170 or so lbs. I had no clue what hit me from the left side...I just remember everyone hovering over me and asking if I was okay when I came to...when I said yeah, they all were laughing and helped me up saying you got knock the f*** out! I did, I was out cold for 15 seconds...but I held on the ball and got the 1st down. Yay.

I'm competitive in eveything...I love the taste of victory.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I played football and ran track....loved both. Now i just watch football, and occasionally run
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

I was a hockey player for years. Ice and roller. Played in roller leagues until last year when both my knees called it quits (I'm 33). I'll have the work done to them soon, then rejoin the sport in a couple years. That was the one sport I always excelled at. I was an offensive-minded defenseman. Nothing made me happier than a faceoff won in the opposing zone, and the puck coming my way at the blueline.

I played baseball in highschool, and recentley, softball. Again, the knees wouldn't allow me to continue.

For me, the comraderie was what pulled me into organized sports. Also, the little things were pretty cool to see unfold. Example - The league I played roller hockey in used to have several new teams every season. We were an aging team towards the end, and some cocky 18 to 20 year old teams would always talk trash to us.

This one team had a very mouthy, young goalie. He was 17, and very good. However, myself and my defensive linemate both had really good shots from the point. Our experience taught us that the only way to beat a good, young goalie was to get in his head. The first chance I got, I rattled a monster slapshot off his cage early in the game. He was skittish from that point on. We ended up putting six goals in the net, and he hadn't let up more than three in any game all season.

It was the small things like that I loved about sports.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

football and baseball in highschool.... now just football in college...
            2000 WS.6 RAM AIR... black on black
            current mods.....
            3" custom exhaust from zPERFORMANCE(highflow cats and super40), SLP lid w/ k&n filter and smooth bellows, slp 85mm MAF, and diablo predator II tune, beefed up sway bars and adjustable panhard bar....its my DD

Current restored and sold projects....
            1979 10th anniversary ta
            yamaha r1 (nitrous install)

Comment

Originally posted by birdOFprey
              football and baseball in highschool.... now just football in college...

Where do you go? Position?

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
              Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                Once I was doing a curl and got popped by a 250lbs lineman for Spelman running full speed; I was only 170 or so lbs. I had no clue what hit me from the left side...I just remember everyone hovering over me and asking if I was okay when I came to...when I said yeah, they all were laughing and helped me up saying you got knock the f*** out! I did, I was out cold for 15 seconds...but I held on the ball and got the 1st down. Yay.

I'm competitive in eveything...I love the taste of victory.
                I took a knee to the face practicing one on ones (i'm a keeper). I woke up with all my teammates standing over me and blood everywhere. My mouth was busted up and my nose was pretty bad. It was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
                  I took a knee to the face practicing one on ones (i'm a keeper). I woke up with all my teammates standing over me and blood everywhere. My mouth was busted up and my nose was pretty bad. It was great.
                  Whoa...that had to hurt. I like the feeling though...but being taken down for taking someone down. I dislocated my pinky and thumb...kept playing too. I get crap all the time for being an idiot...but hey, my team needed me.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                    Whoa...that had to hurt. I like the feeling though...but being taken down for taking someone down. I dislocated my pinky and thumb...kept playing too. I get crap all the time for being an idiot...but hey, my team needed me.
                    That’s the thing... There was no pain. I went to the hospital and had no pain at all. That's why it was so great. I didn't feel anything!

I think you and I are in the same boat. I'll do anything for the team. My knees hurt still today from going knee to knee with guys and I'm only 23. I guess I'll have to live with bad knees. It was totally worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
                      That’s the thing... There was no pain. I went to the hospital and had no pain at all. That's why it was so great. I didn't feel anything!

I think you and I are in the same boat. I'll do anything for the team. My knees hurt still today from going knee to knee with guys and I'm only 23. I guess I'll have to live with bad knees. It was totally worth it.
                      Yep...I have a busted knee and twisted ankle...on the right leg. Sometimes I can't even stand and it's painful when it gets cold...but hey take on for the team I always say. LOL!!! I'm 23 and my girlfriend always tell me to slow down cause she wants to marry a man with a body that works. LOL!!! I of course don't listen...but I might to start to...I feel like I'm old with the hits I take sometimes.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Trust me, fellas... Those "take one for the team" hits will hurt later on. I used to get up after brutal hits in hockey, where my knee would swell up to the size of a grapefruit. I kept playing. Iced it when I got home and thought it was all good.

Now I need a double knee operation soon. Probably within the next six months due to my mentality. Am I sorry I took those hits and still played? Not really. Nothing would have kept me out of those games. Still... I'm feeling it every morning. Especially the cold ones.

Thirty three came very fast...
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Basketball, baseball, and track in high school. I was pretty good in the 100, but had no stamina for the 200. I went all the way to state regionals in 100 m (beat a future stanford sprinter scholarship athlete), but now only play slow pitch softball once a week

It's so sad considering how much I've lost...I'm only 25...my vertical went from 41" (age 18) to ~20" (now), yet I haven't gained any weight since 18. BMI still at around 18, so I guess I just need to exercise more often!

For all you high schoolers/fresh out of high school athletes...don't quit playing! Keep at it because there's much fewer chances for playing sports that often.
                          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Played soccer from when I was 4 until 12. Then I started playing football in 7th grade. I made the Varsity cut my Sophomore year as a running back at first, then I finally convinced the coaches to let me play linebacker. Steamrolling other people first is much more satisfying! In practice one day, I tore my MCL and severed one of the tendons that holds your kneecap in place. That ended my highschool football career. My knee 100% recovered though, and is good as new today.

I took up Tae Kwon Do for a while at the Texas Blackbelt Institute. Earned every single color by full contact tests. Then I got bored with that and got into Golden Gloves boxing for a while. Now that was fun.

I have always been into drag racing, auto racing, waterskiing, surfing, and riding dirtbikes and ATV's. I haven't really found anywhere good to ride out here in the Tampa area so far.

I play basketball and raquetball to try to stay in shape.

Comment

i played baseball from t-ball till 8th grade. then got too busy with school, my car, and my job. and i just joined my works sponsored softball team two years ago. i play right field. tell you one thing tho, we're all gonna miss sean in left-center field(we are allowed to have 10 guys on the field at once) my boss said hes gonna pay the sponsorship next year and that we will have CARS on the front and Caselli Landscaping on the back.
                              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
                              X