What sports does everyone play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT

For all you high schoolers/fresh out of high school athletes...don't quit playing! Keep at it because there's much fewer chances for playing sports that often.
    Yeah. DO NOT STOP! I'm getting slower and slower.

Just remembered: I have shin splints killing my left leg. (Jumping so much playing VB + cement floors = shin splints). IBUPROHIN is god.

FastTA- Tearing something has to hurt. At least it's back to 100%.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know

FastTA- Tearing something has to hurt. At least it's back to 100%.
      One of the worst pains I have felt so far. Pain is good for you though...keeps you from going sane.

The only other pain I have felt that was close was when I blew out my eardrum from a wakeboarding flip gone wrong. I didn't know my complete eardrum was missing, so when I got back to my house I poured straight alcohol into my ear and it went straight into the inside of my head!

I told myself "that's gonna leave a mark."

Comment

Originally posted by fastTa
        One of the worst pains I have felt so far. Pain is good for you though...keeps you from going sane.

The only other pain I have felt that was close was when I blew out my eardrum from a wakeboarding flip gone wrong. I didn't know my complete eardrum was missing, so when I got back to my house I poured straight alcohol into my ear and it went straight into the inside of my head!

OMFG.......

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

That certainly answers a bunch of questions....

SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
            That certainly answers a bunch of questions....

More than you know!

Who'd of thunk that pouring rubbing alcohol straight onto your brain would sting just a little!!

I have some pictures of when I nearly severed off my right ear. I was thinking about competing in slalom skiing that summer and my Dad bought me a nice slalom ski for my b-day. My uncle was pulling me behind his boat and I was experimenting with different rope lengths. The shorter the rope the more speed you carry across the wake and the more difficult it is to get around the buoys.

Well I was at 22' off I think and I wiped out going across the wake pretty good. The next thing I remember was my uncle hauling ass in the boat back to the dock. All the girls in the boat were looking at me like they had seen a ghost! LOL. I looked in the boats rear view mirror and my right ear was hanging by a thread of cartilage. I was covered in blood and it was still pouring out. Weird thing was it didn't hurt one bit...I'm sure I was shock, but I never lost consciousness. I was enjoying the attention from the girls too much to care about stupid blood or pain!

I'll dig up the pics if I can find 'em. All I have is the pictures of the after-surgery. 86 stitches and 14 staples. That was my coolest injury to date!

Comment

Judo, Jiu Jitsu, boxing, American kickboxing and Muay Thai. So far I've only sparred, but I might compete in the future.
              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
              SOLD- Kinda miss it
              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
              SOLD- Good riddance!
              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Uhh I'm a health and gym teacher so i've done it all.

But my specialty is Ice Hockey and I'm a gymnastics coach as well.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

More than you know!

Who'd of thunk that pouring rubbing alcohol straight onto your brain would sting just a little!!

I have some pictures of when I nearly severed off my right ear. I was thinking about competing in slalom skiing that summer and my Dad bought me a nice slalom ski for my b-day. My uncle was pulling me behind his boat and I was experimenting with different rope lengths. The shorter the rope the more speed you carry across the wake and the more difficult it is to get around the buoys.

Well I was at 22' off I think and I wiped out going across the wake pretty good. The next thing I remember was my uncle hauling ass in the boat back to the dock. All the girls in the boat were looking at me like they had seen a ghost! LOL. I looked in the boats rear view mirror and my right ear was hanging by a thread of cartilage. I was covered in blood and it was still pouring out. Weird thing was it didn't hurt one bit...I'm sure I was shock, but I never lost consciousness. I was enjoying the attention from the girls too much to care about stupid blood or pain!

I'll dig up the pics if I can find 'em. All I have is the pictures of the after-surgery. 86 stitches and 14 staples. That was my coolest injury to date!
                  OMFG..........
                  You! Are the man!

Comment

Here's a couple shots, bad quality.....these were taken about 17 years ago! And it was my left ear not right..Geesh. My right ear was the blown eardrum...or one of them.

These are the only wimpy PG pics:

Comment

Holy cr@p, Kevin.

You beat the &%#$! out of yourself over the years!

My worst injury as far as how bad it looked was when I caught a stray hockey stick to the face. Blood was everywhere. My adreniline was so high, I didn't even notice at first. Not until the ref stopped play to get me off the ice.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Yur Yur crazy man...Yur crazy....

Comment

My big thing in school was weights, Tried out for football only to get my hand broken in three places first padded practice by a senior 300 lbs lineman I was blocking. I had the marks of his cleats on my hand.

I got into fitness in a strange way though I was a butter ball all my freshman and 1/2 of my Sophmore year then I got into Lifeguard training and lost 15 lb, swimming against the swim team. Then next I transferred into wieghts and started lifting hard my wieght bounced up to 215 and I've been there ever since, last years maxes were Squat 360, Hang Clean 220, and Bench 215.

Oh I also worked a Wieghtlifting meet and watched a Hvywieght lifter break the state record of 550 lbs with a 600 lbs lift. Was the only lift he completed.

Comment

Well let's see...

In High School, I played soccer, volleyball, and wrestling. I was very heavy into weight lifting...but never could gain any bulk. I did have less than 3% body fat at my peak.

Through college, I played indoor and sand volleyball fairly regularly.

Later, I took up roller hockey. Did that for a few years until the knees and ankles totally gave out.

Now, at 35, I've decided to come out of my 20-year soccer retirement, and play on a men's league next summer. Not sure how the body's going to react yet, but I figure, if I don't try now, my soccer playing days may be over before I get another chance.
                            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
                              Where do you go? Position?

i am the long snapper for delaware state, im thinkin about transfering back to cali though.... i was the long snapper and middle linebacker at my highschool but everyones alot bigger in college
                              2000 WS.6 RAM AIR... black on black
                              current mods.....
                              3" custom exhaust from zPERFORMANCE(highflow cats and super40), SLP lid w/ k&n filter and smooth bellows, slp 85mm MAF, and diablo predator II tune, beefed up sway bars and adjustable panhard bar....its my DD

Current restored and sold projects....
                              1979 10th anniversary ta
                              yamaha r1 (nitrous install)

Comment

my injuries are... torn ACL/MCL in my left knee... blown rotater cup in my right shoulder, tore one of my lower back muscles, broke my arm, and ive broken every fingure and toe on my body....
                                2000 WS.6 RAM AIR... black on black
                                current mods.....
                                3" custom exhaust from zPERFORMANCE(highflow cats and super40), SLP lid w/ k&n filter and smooth bellows, slp 85mm MAF, and diablo predator II tune, beefed up sway bars and adjustable panhard bar....its my DD

Current restored and sold projects....
                                1979 10th anniversary ta
                                yamaha r1 (nitrous install)

Comment

Working...
                                X