No announcement yet.

??Rear Wheel Drive Import List??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a sense, the car does matter. Certain cars have certain known issues.

Everyone knows someone who blew up three Honda engines or toasted a few Toyotas. I had a friend who went through a couple Civics and three Chevy 350's.

Moral of the story? The guy was just rough on cars.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

See, now that's what I'm after... some serious iniformation... not bashing me because I don't want an F-body.. Thank you.

I just don't like the way FWD feels when I drive it... I guess I'm just used to RWD... and most cars that i've seen that are AWD are outa my price range... The reason I was looking heavily at honda... despite my loathing for FWD... is because most of my fiancee's friends have, and know how to repair, hondas well.

As far as not listing Ferraris, BMW, etc. (They're pricey) I guess I should have specified "Affordable for poor white boy." LOL

But thank you to everyone who's helped with the list I'm trying to make..
      1997 Pontiac Firebird (Red) 3800 Series II V6. - No mods yet..

Comment

look at a eclipse gsx ,AWD,pretty, cheap,210hp,0 to 60 in 6.5 14.9 1/4, easy to repair, reliable,u can get a 95 for about 5k-7k with low miles!!!slap a evo111 turbo 375 hp with high boost
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

As far as rwd imports go, I'm on board with the RX-7. You can find a relatively inexpensive late 80's RX-7 with decent miles. They are pretty reliable, fast, and have clean lines.
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

Comment

i heard rotor engines are mo good about every 100k
            2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

the seals goes, but they arent too bad to replace, if i were u i would stay away from a turbo DSM(talon, eclispe etc) as they have tranny issues(AWD) and the headgaskets like to pop. i kno one guy on here has one and he i think has had good luck so far. also i heard the crank likes to walk back and forth in the mains
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
                the seals goes, but they arent too bad to replace, if i were u i would stay away from a turbo DSM(talon, eclispe etc) as they have tranny issues(AWD) and the headgaskets like to pop. i kno one guy on here has one and he i think has had good luck so far. also i heard the crank likes to walk back and forth in the mains
                Yeah. DSM's scare me. Some have had great luck... But I've heard and/seen my share of horror stories with them.
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

Comment

Alfa!

I put 215k miles on an Alfa 164. But they are front drive...

What about BMW 3 series?
                  Mike, So. MD, USA
                  1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Working...
                  X