No announcement yet.

whats the fastest u fuys have driven ur f bod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't the smartest thing to do but at the time it just had to be done...
    I agree, but in your circumstance, like mine, when there isn't another car around for miles and virtually no chance that anyone would be "backing out of a driveway" on a bridge or even hitting an animal, and nothing to damage but yourself, is this any more risky than skydiving, mountain climbing or bungee jumping? No one would gasp and say "oh no!!" if you told them you were going skydiving. Personally I'd much rather drive 140 on a deserted bridge than jump out a perfectly good aircraft. If I crash there's a chance I'll survive, if my chute doesn't open I'm just a greasy spot.

On the autobahn it's not uncommon to see cars traveling well in excess of 100mph and fatal crashes there are no more common than on the interstate highway here. A report by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety shows the fatality rate on the western autobahn has been virtually identical to the death rates on U.S. Interstates for over ten years.

I'm not condoning driving these speeds on public streets at all, just adding some food for though.
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Come on, We all know its stupid but almost all of us have some it.

Took My Old Honda (Edna) up to 120 with the limiter and 129 with no Limiter. Took me a while but yeah it was pretty stable. Has my buddy and his girl in the car. Full interior. On a long straight at 3am.

My Bird has gone 146 once when I was playing "Catch me" with a 350Z on a long flat straight going up to Salinas California. The bad part was I had the T-Tops off. Had Much much more in her. She was pulling very hard still. I got up there real quick and let the engine slow her down. That was very load.

Gone 143 on a bike. GSX-R 600.

And 174 in a 911. Now that was insane and was very very fast. I was 13. ha ha ha ha It was my dad's old bosses friend.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
        Sure it does.... you may ASSume there is no traffic around. A young woman was killed in our area recently when she backed out of her driveway and was hit broadside by a car travelling in excess of 110 MPH. The speeding driver is facing a long prison term.

If you want to kill yourself, no big loss. If you take someone else with you, you deserve to rot in hell. JMHO.
        he deserves that long prison term. but my comment stated "highway", not regular road. maybe highways up there in NJ have driveways that lead to them, but not here in ohio. i'm sure as hell not going to open up my car with a bunch of driveways around. but being on a 6 lane highway, having 3 lanes to myself, all by myself at 2 am is a whole different story.
        87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
          Hit 72 on the way home last nite.What a thrill.
          Blazer
          Hahahahaha!... If you didn't say it I was gonna! hahaha... everyone's all talking about going fast... this one cracked me up!!! Nice Blazer!...
          '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

85 MPH...that's as high as the speedo goes in the '87, then the needle bumps into the trip reset.

Had the Formula up over 120 (again, that's as high as the speedo went)

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
            '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
            Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

'70 Coupe to 150+

When I was about 22, I drove my '70 Camaro coupe with 355 & th350 with 2.56 gears up to about 155.
              I can't be sure, because it was on a long straight 4 lane, in the dark (Yikes!) and my dash-lights weren't working, so I only know that I was in drive & taching 5000 rpm.
              However, the next day, I went out in daylight & tried the same thing on a deserted flat - two lane with no traffic & no houses (we've got alot of the river-bottoms around here, where you may have a straight flat highway for 10 miles or more) & had it up to 4500 rpms, & the speedo was reading 145 mph, & that was fast enough for me, that day! I didn't like the 'feel' at that speed, even though it was a very sound 14 year old hotrod.
              I've suppose that I've got to win (lose?) the Darwin, Oscar Meyer, or whatever, because I've done that much lots of times, on bikes & in cars.

Oh yeah! I checked on the speed calculator on this site, & it said that I was only doing 151 mph @ 5000 rpm (if I'd been running the stock-height tires, but mine were taller than 26"...)

Comment

165 in 6th with some room to go but it took a while
                94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
                94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
                GOT PSi?
                Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

My '68 doesn't have an accurate speedo, but I had it past the 120 mark (where it stops). My buddy in his '96 TA said we were at 140 when he let off and I was still pulling (expressway late at night).

The '99 I've only had for a little while, but I've had it up past 105. I haven't tried yet to see how fast that V6 will go.

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                    Only had mine up to 130mph.... of course that was through the traps in the 1/4-mile.

Only a complete moron would drive those speeds on public roads. Perhaps we have a candidate for the Darwin Award. Hopefully you won't take anyone else with you when you go.
                    It really depends on where a person is speeding. There are some flat down hill stretches of road out here in the west were there is not another car for miles with over a mile of visibility. If a person is hitting high speeds with traffic or in a non-sanctioned competition on a public road, then I agree with you.

Certainly, there is always risk. As long as the risk is mitigated by common sense so the driver is the only person at risk.

Anyhow, mine was 140ish on a deserted Nevada highway at 6:30am. (The 1999 trip, Fort Collins, CO to Las Vegas, NV = 808 miles in 8.25 hrs)
                    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Once I took the SS to the end of the speedometer 155, 160. Surprisingly, the car was still accelerating. I backed off and tapped the brakes to slow and almost lost control.

I won't do that again.

I'm convinced; the car hauls @$$.

Comment

Working...
                      X