Time for a change...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a change...

I just put a downpayment on a 2002 Vette. My broker is out of town this week so I will pick it up next week. Here is the sales add for it http://www.buyavette.net/c498.html.

I am selling the Z to my brother-in-law. He won't be using it for a daily driver. He is getting a "family" deal on it so I will still get to see it from time to time.

So I was thinkng about a name change here. The only thing I can think of that is not car specific is Jeff_n_Atlanta or Jeff_n_hotlanta. Any suggestions?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Very Nice, thought you didn't like auto's though?
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Nice!
      Electron Blue Metallic! Have fun with her...
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
        Very Nice, thought you didn't like auto's though?
        I don't but my wife can't drive a stick. I have never gotten to take the Z to the mountains because of it. I also have gotten stuck in 2 traffic jams in the last week and just said the heck with it. Traffic is getting worse every day in Atlanta. I wish people would quit moving here.

FYI I sent that guy a message to buy his SS and I never heard back from him. I was actually going to buy it and my wife said why don't you get what you really want. Who am I to say no to my wife.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          Who am I to say no to my wife.
          Yep that's a definite No No.

I grew up in Switzerland. Most people there drive standards and the ones that drive an auto were usually laughed upon that they were doing so because they couldn't manage a standard.

All I've ever driven over here is auto's and I wouldn't change it. As you said traffic is bad around here too and and the better half won't drive a standard either.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Congrats on the purchase!

I hear ya on the standard. For a weekend car, I would get another stick myself (wife drives both). But when I bought my TL, I turned down the silky smooth 6-speed offered and went with an auto. Traffic sucks here as well.

Have fun.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Congrats Jeff, that is a sweet looking ride and I love the blue.
              Are you gonna keep it mostly stock?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

loving it! great color!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

yes, very sweet.

I wanna get a 98 or 99 sometime in the next couple years. They go for pretty cheap.
                  97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
                    Congrats Jeff, that is a sweet looking ride and I love the blue.
                    Are you gonna keep it mostly stock?
                    Thanks. It hasn't hit yet since I don't have it in my grubby hands.

Ha ha ha! I already have mods going through my head. I was once called Tim Alan junior because I can't leave anything alone. Everybody knows mod 1 is the cat back exhaust. I just can't decide on which one. It's really hard to tell from sound bytes on the computer. They don't mean much. I want it to be a deep rumble rather than a raspy loud. I like the sound of the old glass packed "turbo" mufflers. Everything now a days seams to be some sort of noise canceling no fiberglass designs.

The real mod running around inside my head now are the SLP headers.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                      yes, very sweet.

I wanna get a 98 or 99 sometime in the next couple years. They go for pretty cheap.
                      There were some significant changes in 2001 that made it worth it to get one 2001 and up.

Comment

Thanks. It hasn't hit yet since I don't have it in my grubby hands.

Ha ha ha! I already have mods going through my head. I was once called Tim Alan junior because I can't leave anything alone. Everybody knows mod 1 is the cat back exhaust. I just can't decide on which one. It's really hard to tell from sound bytes on the computer. They don't mean much. I want it to be a deep rumble rather than a raspy loud. I like the sound of the old glass packed "turbo" mufflers. Everything now a days seams to be some sort of noise canceling no fiberglass designs.

The real mod running around inside my head now are the SLP headers.
                        Magnaflow. Mario andretti has one on all his vettes.
                        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I love surprises and as I was going over the RPO codes I noticed 2 that weren't listed on the sales stuff.

The first was the FE3/Z51 sport suspension option. That means it has the same springs and sway bars as the Z06. WOO HOO!!!

The second was G90/G92 the optional 3:15 axle ratio for the automatic transmission. Double WOO HOO!!!

Comment

I love surprises and as I was going over the RPO codes I noticed 2 that weren't listed on the sales stuff.

The first was the FE3/Z51 sport suspension option. That means it has the same springs and sway bars as the Z06. WOO HOO!!!

The second was G90/G92 the optional 3:15 axle ratio for the automatic transmission. Double WOO HOO!!!
                            I love finding out stuff like that.
                            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                              Magnaflow. Mario andretti has one on all his vettes.
                              It looks like Magnaflow has jumped into the lead! Pricey.

Comment

Working...
                              X