Corvette!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    True..... but that won't help you on aftermarket parts.
    She stays mostly stock.

It already has chrome inlays in back, a center exhaust plate and a steering wheel emblem overlay.

I plan to add:

-K&N filter
    -front hood seal
    -window valet
    -tail light seals

That is it, I'm decided I'm going to keep my Camaro as my "modded" car.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      She stays mostly stock.

It already has chrome inlays in back, a center exhaust plate and a steering wheel emblem overlay.

I plan to add:

-K&N filter
      -front hood seal
      -window valet
      -tail light seals

That is it, I'm decided I'm going to keep my Camaro as my "modded" car.
      FYI a friend of mine has the front hood seal and it is making his hood bow in the middle. He is going to take it off.

I am planning on the Honker intake. It is the only one besides that what looks to me like a cheap ram air system that is isolated from under the hood area.

What is a window valet?
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl

What is a window valet?
        A small module that plugs into the existing harness that allows you to roll your windows up and down with your remote.

Btw, I have had good luck with the Black Wing and SLP Bellows. I picked up 14 RWHP on my 02Z06.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
          A small module that plugs into the existing harness that allows you to roll your windows up and down with your remote.
          What button do you use and how does it work? I'm wondering because I don't really need that on the windows but I would really like a button my remote to pop the fuel door release. I always seem to forget to hit the button when I'm getting gas.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
            What button do you use and how does it work? I'm wondering because I don't really need that on the windows but I would really like a button my remote to pop the fuel door release. I always seem to forget to hit the button when I'm getting gas.
            I can't answer that as I have never owned one on any of my vettes. I just know what they are so I piped in. If memory serves me right, if you want the windows to go down, you just push the unlock button 3 times. If you want them to go up, you hit the lock button 3 times. They cost just over $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
              I can't answer that as I have never owned one on any of my vettes. I just know what they are so I piped in. If memory serves me right, if you want the windows to go down, you just push the unlock button 3 times. If you want them to go up, you hit the lock button 3 times. They cost just over $100.
              It also adds features to the DIC, like top speed memory.
              http://www.topdowntech.com/products.html

They have a fuel door valet as well.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Have you dealt with this issue yet?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1015483

Also, which shifter is less notchy? The Camaro or the Vette? There's a mod to make shifting the Vette as smooth as butter.
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage

Also, which shifter is less notchy? The Camaro or the Vette? There's a mod to make shifting the Vette as smooth as butter.
                  Amen. There is a shift detent that consists of a ball at the end of a spring all inside a tube. You can shim the ball back a little, or unscrew the end of the cylinder so the spring pressure is less, or you can just remove the unit all together and cap the hole. The last one is what I did to my latest C5.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage

Mine doesn't have the Electric Column Lock (ECL).

I hear that MTI racing has a shifter for the C5 that is not notchy. I'm not sure if it is for sale yet or not. The last I heard it was still in some test vehicles.

Comment

It also adds features to the DIC, like top speed memory.
                      http://www.topdowntech.com/products.html

They have a fuel door valet as well.
                      Thank you! I hadn't heard of that yet.

Comment

My arms hurt now. I buffed out the nose. The hood is looking pretty good now. Ready for Zaino! I love a black car covered in Zaino.

Hey Ken! Got a recent picture of how your Pontiac is looking? I bet it's a mirror by now.
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:

Comment

What shou thalst do with thy 'Raro?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
                            What shou thalst do with thy 'Raro?
                            Here is my thinking...

1) The Camaro is paid for
                            2) The Camaro is modded up pretty good and replacing it would not be easy or cheap.
                            3) I owe on the Corvette
                            4) The Corvette is stock and easily to replace because there are tons of them around just like it.

Based on this I've decided that if finances get tough and I have to sell a car it will be the Corvette. Otherwise I'm keeping them both. I've also decided to keep the Corvette stock with exception of a few small items for convenience.
                            I could always buy another Corvette at a later date if I sell it. If I sell the Camaro I'll never find another one like it.
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:

Comment

Based on this I've decided that if finances get tough and I have to sell a car it will be the Corvette. Otherwise I'm keeping them both. I've also decided to keep the Corvette stock with exception of a few small items for convenience.
                              I could always buy another Corvette at a later date if I sell it. If I sell the Camaro I'll never find another one like it.
                              Makes good sense to hold onto it! It is a very unique F-body.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Glad to see you're not going to sell the Camaro Tracy. I think you would definitely regret that later on down the road.
                                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                                X