A political matter: a huge doubt...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
    You are correct. The middle class is shrinking. The middle class is defined as $27,500-$100,000 a year. The problem is the stats say it is shrinking because people are moving OVER the $100,000 a year mark. You don't hear that in the media when you hear the middle class is shrinking. People just assume people are moving out the bottom end of range. That would be a false ASSumption. The problem with the stat is it has not been inflated in 20+ years.

Capitalism has lifted more people out of poverty than any other system in the history of mankind. The more the politicians hurt the capitalistic system the more it hurts the lower income earners. If you raise the income taxes on the top 2% to something like 90% which is what it used to be you only can distribute about $2000 per year to the poor. Reagan proved that when you lower the taxes on the top income earners you create jobs for the low income earners that provide them many times more than $2000 per year.

Everybody needs to put their preconceived opinions about the 2 candidates running for president and look deeper into their beliefs.
    That is an interesting point I never knew. My family is beyond the $100,000 mark and we are definitely middle class.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      That is an interesting point I never knew. My family is beyond the $100,000 mark and we are definitely middle class.
      Yea we moved over the $100,000 mark a couple of years ago. Funny we have a hard time making ends meet and we paid almost $30,000 in taxes last year. Is that paying my fair share? Somehow I have a hard time with someone saying I am in the upper class.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
      X