Gas Prices - June 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Prices - June 2008

With Gas prices increasing, I'm wondering what everyone's paying at this point.

Here in Newport, the local Hess station (Cheapest around)

Regular: $4.049 / gal
    Premium: $4.249 / gal

FY Hess independently refines their own oil that 70% is drilled here in the USA and 30% from elsewhere. Mobil and Shell down the street have their gas 25 cents/gal more
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Under the Democrat-controlled Congress gas prices have risen from $2.33 a gallon on January 4, 2007 -- the first day of the Democratic Majority -- to the current $4.00 a gallon.

Why the hell aren't we drilling for oil in the US. China is drilling for oil 90 miles off the coast of Florida but we can't. WTF!
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

It varies greatly here. Just on the way to work today I saw from 3.78 to 4.00 per gal. for regular unleaded.
      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

As of right now next door at Mobil
        4.05 9/10 regular
        4.23 9/10 premium
        4.79 Diesel

Howard City, MI 49329
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

Average right now its $4.35+ for regular and $4.55+ for premium.

Diesel is well over $5.25 a gallon.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            Diesel is well over $5.25 a gallon.
            And a tractor trailor holds about 250 gallons.

At what point will Amricans say enough of the high prices and demand congrass to change the rules allowing exploration and drilling in the US for oil?
            $6 a gallon? $8? 10? can't get gas?
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
              And a tractor trailor holds about 250 gallons.

At what point will Amricans say enough of the high prices and demand congrass to change the rules allowing exploration and drilling in the US for oil?
              $6 a gallon? $8? 10? can't get gas?
              My buddies dad drives a water truck. He owns it himself. He was saying that its pretty hard considering he spends over $500 on a fill up, and he only has a 100 Gallon tank!
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                My buddies dad drives a water truck. He owns it himself. He was saying that its pretty hard considering he spends over $500 on a fill up, and he only has a 100 Gallon tank!
                That makes for some expensive water.

Comment

Im going to laugh that in a couple years we will look back at $5.00 a gallon and be like, "Man those were the days!"
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Usually I'm not for government intervention in the free market and I do agree we need new and alternative sources of energy. However no one seems to get the fact that the current crisis is due to speculation and not a lack of fuel or OPEC rasing prices. The government needs to put some reigns on these #$%^@'s at the very least to stabilize prices.

Comment

One station is at $3.94 here in Sebring. The rest are about $3.98 for regular unleaded

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
                        Usually I'm not for government intervention in the free market and I do agree we need new and alternative sources of energy. However no one seems to get the fact that the current crisis is due to speculation and not a lack of fuel or OPEC rasing prices. The government needs to put some reigns on these #$%^@'s at the very least to stabilize prices.
                        Where do you get that information from? What I have read said that the demand for fuel has risen every year while the production has not. I wish I could remember where I saw that or the numbers. OPEC has not changed the amount of oil production up until today in several years. I read that Saudi may be increasing the production by 500,000 barrels a day.

The fact is the US consumes WAY may fuel than it produces. That leaves us at the mercy of other countries.

Comment

$3.70 to $4.11 for regular. The station right around the corner from my house is at $3.93.

http://www.northcarolinagasprices.com/

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                          '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                          Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

http://www.opec.org/home/

Comment

It’s all being artificially inflated and they get away with it because everyone either blames Bush, The oil companies, OPEC or all of the above.

http://www.statesman.com/business/co...604energy.html

Comment

Working...
                              X