No announcement yet.

Gas Prices - June 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why people are blaming someone for making money. Making money has become a bad thing these days.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
      I will and you obviously will too. You go ahead and keep blaming the speculators and the sheiks and let me know how that works for you. Me, I am calling my congressman and senators and telling them to get off their a$$ and pass a bill to start drilling NOW. We'll see which method works. Well with the democrats in control neither will work.
      I've gone this route. We'll see if enough pressure works. Unfortunately, we don't have the refineries to do much of anything with the oil once they drill. But drilling is a big start.

It's so infuriating how special interest groups control our government... In this case, the environmentalists.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
        Capitalism works when there is "free trade".
        Capitalism works best when there is TRUE "free trade". Thanks to import and export taxes and restrictions by other countries on importing U.S. products, we don't live in a TRUE free trade situation. Barring the removal of all those things, we are doing the best we can. In any situation, you have to work within the limits set forth, including capitalism. I don't necessarily agree with all the laws we have, but I do my best to work within the limits.
        Wifey to Jeff in ATL

Comment

I don't understand why people are blaming someone for making money. Making money has become a bad thing these days.
          It will always be a bad thing when making that much money (record profits) affects so many other people. They were making plenty of money before.
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

Comment

If I go down to 7-11 and point a gun in the clerks face and take all his money I'm making money, that's a good thing right?
            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
              I've gone this route. We'll see if enough pressure works. Unfortunately, we don't have the refineries to do much of anything with the oil once they drill. But drilling is a big start.
              I heard Monday that some state has passed a bill to enable someone to come in and build a refinery there. Smart move by that state.

It's so infuriating how special interest groups control our government... In this case, the environmentalists.
              Oh boy is that the truth. Politics are not the same as it was 150 years ago.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

If I go down to 7-11 and point a gun in the clerks face and take all his money I'm making money, that's a good thing right?
                No you ar not. You are steeling it. And before you say it the speculators and investors are not steeling it either. They are working the system legally.

Comment

We don't have refineries because of the environmentalists, too. We have allowed them to create laws that prevent companies from making improvements to the refineries or building new ones, without having to spend so much money that they have decided it isn't worth it. It's the same reason we don't have steel mills in the U.S. anymore.
                  Wifey to Jeff in ATL

Comment

And that's exactly where our opinions differ.... They are thieves and I truly hope they all get sucked into the chasm when their bubble bursts.

Comment

I heard Monday that some state has passed a bill to enable someone to come in and build a refinery there. Smart move by that state.
                      I didn't hear that. I hope that is the case. What a great move. Maybe that will add a little pressure on our side.

I watched a report a while back... Might have been a little over a year ago now... Anyway, it was about environmentalists and their reasoning for not allowing oil to be tapped into in Alaska. The case made for drilling was so strong, it even had positive effects to the environment in the proposed bill (endangered wildlife preservation around the drilling site... Constant monitoring of a given radius in the area, etc...).

The environmentalists didn't want to hear any of it.
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by Bug Lover
                        We don't have refineries because of the environmentalists, too. We have allowed them to create laws that prevent companies from making improvements to the refineries or building new ones, without having to spend so much money that they have decided it isn't worth it. It's the same reason we don't have steel mills in the U.S. anymore.
                        Agreed. The special interest groups are going to be the downfall of this nation if it's allowed. Environmentalists certainly aren't the only ones, but in this case they are.
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

Comment

To quote Mr. Spock, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one". We have that bassackwards.

Comment

And that's exactly where our opinions differ.... They are thieves and I truly hope they all get sucked into the chasm when their bubble bursts.
                            Like i said.
                            So the next time you go to sell your car you need to sell it for $1 to someone because if you get any more for it you are making money and that is bad.

Comment

So it's ok for the speculators to rip us off but not OPEC or the oil companies?

Comment

So it's ok for the speculators to rip us off but not OPEC or the oil companies?
                                That is not what I said at all. Not even close.
                                "Ripping us off" is nothing but a phrase to stir the hate emotions just like "greed" is. Speculators are there to make money to support their family just like you are. Besides they aren't the ones making the big dollars OPEC is.

OPEC is not a US entity therefore they are not subject to our laws. They are the ones making the big bucks.

The oil companies look like they are making huge profits but we all know that us corporations are pass through entities and the money they make gets passed on to the share holders. if you make $.01 per gallon and sell 1,000,000,000 gallons you made $10,000,000 which sounds like a lot but that money has to be divided up between the share holders and taxes and exploration and bla bla bla. My daughter has a couple of shares of Exxon-Mobil and a couple of shares of Hershey's stock. The dividends are about the same. So why is one company a criminal and one is not? Is it because you NEED one and not the other? OK so the new rule is if you are in a company that people need you can not make profit? WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X