No announcement yet.

Let the gun bans begin...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzanna Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment!

I can't remember if this has been posted but if you haven't seen it you should watch it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
      Oh I also heard they are going to take out the sunset clause this time so it doesn't expire. That will make the republicans have to pass something to get it removed next time. That will be much harder to do.
      Originally posted by FroSSty
      when the time comes, write, call, email etc. your senators and representatives.
      See above...
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
        Oh I also heard they are going to take out the sunset clause this time so it doesn't expire. That will make the republicans have to pass something to get it removed next time. That will be much harder to do.
        The last one was a poorly written law in that an AR could be built and shipped without a flash suppressor and with a 5rd mag. The next law will undoubtedly ban the manufacturer of rifles for public sale that can receive a box magazine. The anti-gunners are going for the box magazine angle this time, which would really suck. Additionally, it will be difficult to get exemptions for 22lr firearms. However, it is important for pro gun congress people to push amendments for 22lr exemptions so that the Democraps can be painted as ultra radical, which they are.
        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

A friend of mine and I were having a conversation about this. He brought up an idea that I hadn't thought of.

I understand that this ban is to protect police from criminals armed with assault rifles, right? Do you really think a hardened criminal or drug cartel really cares if the weapon is illegal? I mean, come on! If they had the forethought to know they needed one for the purpose of their "job", I don't think the law is going to stop them.

This is clearly a ploy to slowly remove arms or diminish the capability of citizens to revolt against a clearly corrupt government.
          1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
          2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
          1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Originally posted by 3800_Firebird
            A friend of mine and I were having a conversation about this. He brought up an idea that I hadn't thought of.

I understand that this ban is to protect police from criminals armed with assault rifles, right? Do you really think a hardened criminal or drug cartel really cares if the weapon is illegal? I mean, come on! If they had the forethought to know they needed one for the purpose of their "job", I don't think the law is going to stop them.

This is clearly a ploy to slowly remove arms or diminish the capability of citizens to revolt against a clearly corrupt government.
            Pretty much
            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 3800_Firebird
              Yup...the same can be said of the micro-stamping ammo, Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act, and serialized ammo proposals.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
              '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
              Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Working...
              X