Downright sick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3800_Firebird
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I'm seeing alot of others saying similar things. Welcome to 21st century society. A society of extreme behaviors and intolerance.

It bothers me that gun control groups use incidents like this that wrench our hearts to get their agendas passed. That is sick, IMO.

God bless the families of all officers killed in the line of duty, not only the ones we hear about on the news.
    +1
    Well said.
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

It bothers me that gun control groups use incidents like this that wrench our hearts to get their agendas passed. That is sick, IMO.
      Like the previous administration did with 9/11?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Joshu
        Like EVERY administration of late does. They'll say/do anything to get what they want.
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        <Motor out

Comment

Somehow, taking my children's and grandchildren's money and blowing it on GM and Chrysler and the Unstimulating Bill of 2009 is a greater offense to me than giving liberty to many residents of the middle-east.
          1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
          2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
          1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

We will be screwed w/out the auto industry, on the same hand they are almost beyond the point of return and it could be a huge waste of $$$. Too little to late that goes for alot of the problems we are having.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
            2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

And this is where I agree. The cons of semi-automatic guns outweigh the pros. Screw the second amendment and quit hiding behind it. The British are not in our backyards anymore and we don't use muskets.

hey, while were at it lets throw out the freedom of speech!! The cons out weigh the pro's on that one too!

..not trying to be an a$$ but its the constitution. Its what this country was founded on and is LAW. Law is Law.... Fact. Yes there should be some type of regulation. And the more you ban the more are going to find there way into the hands of criminals just like drugs. most of gun crimes are commited with illegal weapons.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
              2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                ..not trying to be an a$$ but its the constitution.
                Oh you mean that silly old thing that we(are supposed to, but lately it seems not) base our laws and therefore, existence on. Psshhh....What difference does it make if we spit on it? Its meaningless.

A shame...

No let me rephrase, Joshu, you personally should be ashamed of yourself. The next time you look at the Stars and Stripes or one our soldiers' faces, you might as well show your true colors and spit at them too. That is exactly the type of thinking that will divide a nation. I can't help but wonder how you would explain yourself to our founding fathers, or our war veterans.
                Greg W. in West Michigan
                <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
                  No let me rephrase, Joshu, you personally should be ashamed of yourself. The next time you look at the Stars and Stripes or one our soldiers' faces, you might as well show your true colors and spit at them too. That is exactly the type of thinking that will divide a nation. I can't help but wonder how you would explain yourself to our founding fathers, or our war veterans.
                  Who the hell do you think you are saying that I don't love my country? That personal attack had nothing to do with this thread.

You say that guns don't kill people. However, it's one thing to stand away and fire a pistol than to drive a knife into someone intimately. The gun makes it too easy.

Why don't you explain to the kids that a proven unstable man was able to arm himself with several (legal) weapons and gun down their fathers? Why don't you explain to the families of the VA tech that Seung Hui Cho had a NEED for his guns. Why don't you tell the families of Columbine that semi-auto guns are necessary?

Now why is this so personal to me?
                  One of my students came home and found her mother and friend shot dead. The weapon was had by man with felony convictions. How do you teach which her sitting two seats in front of you knowing what happened to her? In a single year, 3,012 children and teens were killed by gunfire in the United States. We were given that stat in a faculty meeting.

Also, fifteen feet down from the apartment I was visiting last week, this happened.

GUNS ARE NOT WORTH IT

This thread was about a man and his way of getting around our loose laws to arm himself and kill three of Pittsburgh's finest.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Those are tragedies and THAT is a fact. But when you group every gun owner up and call them criminals, it kind of irritates the people that go out of their way to stay 100% legal and wouldn't point a gun at another person unless their live was being threatened. The fact of the matter is, gun laws only work on the people who follow laws. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it. What you need to think about is targeting the CRIMINAL. More stringent PENALTIES for disobeying the law would be more beneficial than any gun law. Think more with your brain and less with your heart.
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    <Motor out

Comment

Five Points

#1 As far as the people don’t need them comments about “military look and/or intent” of firearms; this would eliminate all firearms including match lock, flint lock, and percussion cap muzzle loaders. Every firearm I own had a military application at one time.

#2 If I wanted to set a perimeter at my house, it would be done with a sniper rifle on a bipod not a semi-auto version of an AK-47, which is a crude and not very accurate weapon. As far as what this guy did, it could easily be done with a lever action 30/30 or a wide variety of firearms and projectile weapons. To think that these officers would be alive if civilian AK-47s didn’t exist is absolutely ludicrous. …this AK thing is a bunch of media sensationalist non-sense, and nothing more then a scapegoat for people’s problems.

#3 The AK-47 and the AR-15 are extremely easy to make in one’s basement. To think they can be eliminated from criminals by banning them from law-abiding citizens is delusional.

#4 If the government tries to take them, there will be far more dead LEOs on the ground. It is not up to other people to say what people who obey the laws need or don’t need; if it is attempted, then the social contract for our society is dead. There are several million people strong who will fight before they give up their rights.

#5 Firearms are not the problem…our society is the problem!
                      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

GUNS ARE NOT WORTH IT
                        To you!

Your comments provide more proof that this country needs to be broken apart. I do not want to live with people of this mentality. This is no longer the United States.
                        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The issue is not what was used to kill, but the fact that a person killed another. You could kill someone with an ice pick, a chainsaw, even a simple letter opener. If everything that was considered a tool that could be used in killing were banned, we would be back in the stone age. In terms of the behavior of supposedly "civilized" people, perhaps we already are there.

the human species has some problems with the gene pool. It needs cleaning!

As far as guns, I'll give up mine when the rest of the world can live without theirs.

Comment

Some crazy guy walks into someplace and kills a bunch of people. They figured out he shot 98 bullets in less than a minute. Not with an assault rifle but 2 pistols. Banning "assault rifles" would not have stopped that. The guns are not the problem. They are the symptom of a problem. The problem is the guy was crazy and he would have found a way with or without guns to kill somebody.

Some crazy guy drives his SUV through a plate glass window into a business. It later turns out he was nuts and just out to kill somebody. A .357 carries less than 1000 foot pounds of force. A SUV carries 500,000 foot pounds of force. We need to ban SUVs not guns. Actually that is not a bad idea. Hmmmm…….

I agree with Joe, the gene pool needs some chlorine.
                            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                              The issue is not what was used to kill, but the fact that a person killed another. You could kill someone with an ice pick, a chainsaw, even a simple letter opener. If everything that was considered a tool that could be used in killing were banned, we would be back in the stone age. In terms of the behavior of supposedly "civilized" people, perhaps we already are there.

the human species has some problems with the gene pool. It needs cleaning!

As far as guns, I'll give up mine when the rest of the world can live without theirs.
                              So far, this year's public multiple shootings were committed by:

-- Richard Poplawski, 23, product of a broken family, expelled from high school and dishonorably discharged from the Marines, who killed three policemen in Pittsburgh.
                              (not legal for him to own a firearm)

-- Former crack addict Jiverly Wong, 41, who told co-workers "America sucks" yet somehow was not offered a job as a speechwriter for Barack Obama. Wong blockaded his victims in a civic center in Binghamton, N.Y., and shot as many people as he could, before killing himself.
                              (if he was convicted for drug use; not legal to own a firearm)

-- Robert Stewart, 45, a three-time divorcee and high school dropout with "violent tendencies" -- according to one of his ex-wives -- who shot up the nursing home in Carthage, N.C., where his newly estranged wife worked.
                              (if she took the time to take out a restraining order, then he was not legal to own a firearm)

-- Lovelle Mixon, 26, a paroled felon, struggling to get his life back on track by pimping, who shot four cops in Oakland, Calif. -- before eventually being shot himself.
                              (not legal to own a firearm)

-- Twenty-eight-year-old Michael McLendon, child of divorce, living with his mother and boycotting family funerals because he hated his relatives, who killed 10 of those relatives and their neighbors in Samson, Alabama.
                              (did his family look at mental health issues...if he was diagnosed with mental health issues then he would not be legal to own a firearm)

Yep, obviously the people were not the issue here..it was the gun. It is totally out of the grasp of the left wing of our population to focus on the issues of people. Perhaps we should look at little things such as personal responsibility.

There are so many nimrods out there who think removing firearms from people who don't abuse them will somehow solve the issue of people like this who posses them illegally.

Yes, we need serious help with the gene pool.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-registered39/
                                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                                X