Why GM continues to fail....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why GM continues to fail....

I sold my Z-28. Of course since it was a 6-speed, it wasn't a "clunker". So I end up practically giving it away.

Although I had not been planning to get a new Camaro, I had a few grand in my pocket and a buddy who always wanted my Rubicon. I plant the seed with the wife. To my disbelief, the reaction is neutral. She reminds me of the "ground rules". She has to be able to drive it.

1. Auto only. She drives a stick well, but has moved past that part of her life. No problem, the Z and the Rubicon are sticks. I could go auto.

2. Navigation. There lies the problem. A 2010, $40k+ sports car and modern electronics is not an option. Her POS 2006 Civic has an awesome nav system.

Bye GM, the rest of the world is leaving you behind.

eta. I thought I posted this in off-topic. Feel free to move if apprpriate.
    1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Originally posted by Sean 94z28
    2. Navigation. There lies the problem. A 2010, $40k+ sports car and modern electronics is not an option. Her POS 2006 Civic has an awesome nav system.

Bah! I love the fact it does NOT have "modern electronics". Why be forced into OEM garbage nav systems and audio systems when aftermarket systems in general are superior. Honda does great at screwing that up. 2005 Accord that integrates the audio and climate controls together??? How can you change the audio out? You can't. I'd rather not be stuck with what the car comes with.

No wonder 25 years can go by and vehicles still haven't improved in mileage by much. More electronic garbage people "need" added on.

Sorry for the rant but this idea irritates me.
    1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
    1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

I sold my Z-28. Of course since it was a 6-speed, it wasn't a "clunker". So I end up practically giving it away.

Although I had not been planning to get a new Camaro, I had a few grand in my pocket and a buddy who always wanted my Rubicon. I plant the seed with the wife. To my disbelief, the reaction is neutral. She reminds me of the "ground rules". She has to be able to drive it.

1. Auto only. She drives a stick well, but has moved past that part of her life. No problem, the Z and the Rubicon are sticks. I could go auto.

Show me which camaro is $40k+. Link plz.

This thread fails. Buy the Camaro and drop $800 on an in dash touch screen nav if it's that big of a deal.

There isn't a single car that ANY competitor makes that competes with the new Camaro. Find me a car (I'm assuming you meant foreign because you said "world") for 30k that offers what the Camaro does. I'll be , and if you were referencing foreign cars, I'm VERY anxious to see what you come up with for 30k.

Waiting.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Blind love, how cute.

3800: you're right, I should have to drop another grand so I can get what I actually wanted in my new ($40K) car.
        I love retro too. That's why I'd drop a modern powertrain in a classic and be tens of thousands ahead. In new cars I want new tech. I'd prefer that GM actually do it better than the other mfgs, but you rather that they don't even try.
        BTW, the 2006 Civic (one of Honda cheaper models) has a pefect Nav system, never left the wife lost or stranded. Exactly why she wants it.

raro:

< Back to Inventory Results Ext. Color: Victory Red
        2010 Chevrolet Camaro
        VIN: 2G1FT1EW9A9116821

Add to My Saved Info

MSRP1: $39,060.00
        Total Cash Offers2: -$0.00
        Net Price: $39,060
        FREMONT CHEVROLET
        Distance: 14.9918 km
        39797 BALENTINE DRIVE
        NEWARK, CA 94560
        Telephone: (510) 4458700
        Fax: (510) 4458717
        Map & Directions
        Request a Quote Schedule a Test Drive ***MECHANICAL***
        100,000 MILE/ 5 YEAR POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS
        ENGINE, 6.2L, V8 W/SFI
        TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED MANUAL
        LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
        PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION
        PWR, VARIABLE RATIO STEERING
        ......most,but not all options included and removed to shorten....
        RS Exterior Package
        California Emissions
        IDENTIFICATION LIMITED PERSONALIZATION OPTION (LPO)
        TOTAL OPTIONS: $4,835.00
        TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS: $38,265.00
        DESTINATION CHARGE: $795.00
        TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE: $39,060.00

Build your own, 40k gets you a great car no doubt. 45+ after the gov bends you over.

Choices is what wins the customer. But who am I to question GM's awesome financial performance. Guess I can't expect much , since they were so fast at getting this car to market.

wonder what this car would cost if it had an auto? you can stop now.
        1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
          I'll be , and if you were referencing foreign cars, I'm VERY anxious to see what you come up with for 30k.
          Link to any SS going for 30k please, . There are no breaks from MSRP on this brand new model in my area. Yours may be different.

Comment

Link to any SS going for 30k please, . There are no breaks from MSRP on this brand new model in my area. Yours may be different.
            They are STILL asking $5k over sticker here for a V6. Didn't even have an SS on the lot when I stopped 2 weeks ago.
            My DD
            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
              They are STILL asking $5k over sticker here for a V6. Didn't even have an SS on the lot when I stopped 2 weeks ago.
              Chevy could have sold a !!!! $40,000 !!!!! new Camaro to someone who wasn't even in the market for a new car. That's cool though, they got 2 other buyers who want $30,000 versions on this thread, that wouldn't buy if it had a world class electronics package. $20,000 ahead of the game just by not offering a popular option. I take it all back, the new Camaro is perfect.
              Choices are lame.

Comment

Blind love, how cute.

3800: you're right, I should have to drop another grand so I can get what I actually wanted in my new ($40K) car.
                I love retro too. That's why I'd drop a modern powertrain in a classic and be tens of thousands ahead. In new cars I want new tech. I'd prefer that GM actually do it better than the other mfgs, but you rather that they don't even try.
                BTW, the 2006 Civic (one of Honda cheaper models) has a pefect Nav system, never left the wife lost or stranded. Exactly why she wants it.

raro:

< Back to Inventory Results Ext. Color: Victory Red
                2010 Chevrolet Camaro
                VIN: 2G1FT1EW9A9116821

Add to My Saved Info

MSRP1: $39,060.00
                Total Cash Offers2: -$0.00
                Net Price: $39,060
                FREMONT CHEVROLET
                Distance: 14.9918 km
                39797 BALENTINE DRIVE
                NEWARK, CA 94560
                Telephone: (510) 4458700
                Fax: (510) 4458717
                Map & Directions
                Request a Quote Schedule a Test Drive ***MECHANICAL***
                100,000 MILE/ 5 YEAR POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS
                ENGINE, 6.2L, V8 W/SFI
                TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED MANUAL
                LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
                PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION
                PWR, VARIABLE RATIO STEERING
                ......most,but not all options included and removed to shorten....
                RS Exterior Package
                California Emissions
                IDENTIFICATION LIMITED PERSONALIZATION OPTION (LPO)
                TOTAL OPTIONS: $4,835.00
                TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS: $38,265.00
                DESTINATION CHARGE: $795.00
                TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE: $39,060.00

Build your own, 40k gets you a great car no doubt. 45+ after the gov bends you over.

Choices is what wins the customer. But who am I to question GM's awesome financial performance. Guess I can't expect much , since they were so fast at getting this car to market.

wonder what this car would cost if it had an auto? you can stop now.
                Wow, I live .5 miles from that dealership. They moved though, to Fremont Automall. What's funny is that my mom's 2006 Lexus IS250 has a subpar nav system. Many love it. I think it's mediocre and doesn't even have all roads (Cushing and Fremont blvd - it shows you're driving on dirt, and this has been there well before 2006).
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                  Wow, I live .5 miles from that dealership. They moved though, to Fremont Automall. What's funny is that my mom's 2006 Lexus IS250 has a subpar nav system. Many love it. I think it's mediocre and doesn't even have all roads (Cushing and Fremont blvd - it shows you're driving on dirt, and this has been there well before 2006).
                  I don't use it, but the wife loves it. She used to call me all the time for directions, unfortunately while we were both on the road. Never happens now.

If I didn't think the car was great, I would have never considered it. Offering the choice of Nav in a modern car of this price is inexcusable in my book. Being critical of it does not mean I think its a POS. Quite the opposite actually. I am one of those fools who still believe that Americans can do things better than anyone. To bad Chevy tries so hard to prove me wrong.

Time will tell.

Comment

I read that GM had to step up production in Oshawa Canada due to the high demand on the new Camaro.
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I don't use it, but the wife loves it. She used to call me all the time for directions, unfortunately while we were both on the road. Never happens now.

If I didn't think the car was great, I would have never considered it. Offering the choice of Nav in a modern car of this price is inexcusable in my book. Being critical of it does not mean I think its a POS. Quite the opposite actually. I am one of those fools who still believe that Americans can do things better than anyone. To bad Chevy tries so hard to prove me wrong.

Time will tell.
                      In December, they will have the choice, but you're saying they suck for not having it in all Camaros? Why did they come out with barebone 4th gen 1LE Camaros? Not even power windows in the early 2000s. I can see you bashing it for not having a nav system at this price, but the fact is, the nav system shouldn't necessary be on all cars. It's all about the price being too high based on what it has - even then, I just priced out a 2010 Mustang GT, with OVER 100 hp less, and did not add the nav system nor fancy exterior upgrades (besides stripes and 19" wheels) - got $36150. Seems pretty close to me, unless you are going to say Mustangs fail too (yet look how popular they are).
                      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                        In December, they will have the choice, but you're saying they suck for not having it in all Camaros? Why did they come out with barebone 4th gen 1LE Camaros? Not even power windows in the early 2000s. I can see you bashing it for not having a nav system at this price, but the fact is, the nav system shouldn't necessary be on all cars. It's all about the price being too high based on what it has - even then, I just priced out a 2010 Mustang GT, with OVER 100 hp less, and did not add the nav system nor fancy exterior upgrades (besides stripes and 19" wheels) - got $36150. Seems pretty close to me, unless you are going to say Mustangs fail too (yet look how popular they are).
                        Reading comprehension fail, try again.

'A 2010, $40k+ sports car and modern electronics is not an option. Her POS 2006 Civic has an awesome nav system.'

You do know what option means, right? Not to mention the post you quoted me on had the word choice bolded.

Comment

Reading comprehension fail, try again.

'A 2010, $40k+ sports car and modern electronics is not an option. Her POS 2006 Civic has an awesome nav system.'

You do know what option means, right? Not to mention the post you quoted me on had the word choice bolded.
                          Dude what is your problem. Trying to have a civil conversation and you have the words fail and have a really sarcastic tone. I'm surpised you didn't say you pwned me yet.

I do not understand what you're saying now. You're saying modern electronics is not an option. I said it IS an option in December 2009. Did I pull an epic fail again?

Comment

Dude...What do you expect? You come on an f-body board, the best f-body board, and bitch because the camaro doesn't have optional nav...Seriously? As said above, spend the $800 on an a/m nav and THEN it will be up to what? 39,8060. Still under your 40k figure... Plus you can choose which nav/sound system you want instead of settling for one from GM that may be subpar. And then....Go
                            Greg W. in West Michigan
                            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                            <Motor out

Comment

Navigation system = map & compass
                              Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X