This place has grown way too quiet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still here...sorta.

I'm guilty of not logging on...being a dad and husband can really take a bite out of time. I don't even get on the computer anymore...outside of paying bills.

Looks like the core group is still kicking strong though.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
      I'm still here...sorta.

I'm guilty of not logging on...being a dad and husband can really take a bite out of time. I don't even get on the computer anymore...outside of paying bills.

Looks like the core group is still kicking strong though.
      Good to see you're still around!
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

im starting to become a lurker, we got some huge contract at work now(boss hasnt said what it is) but he said, roll off, front load(me) and residential is gonna jump through the roof in aug. i kno our base in new haven just bought out a entire city from a company.

besides work, im be surfing the mustang forums looking for tech and what not, trying to get my fox on the road
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Still here too! It's been a while. Funny how the days get shorter the older you grow. I was a teenager when I joined, and am now 27.
          1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Here. What's this a roll call? I'm a lurker. I wish I knew more technical stuff to help people out but you guys just know too much.

This site has been just about my sole source of F-body info since I found it a few years ago. It's really a treat to find an interactive site like this where every other post isn't a bunch of !@#$!# at the previous poster. Disagreements are kept civilized, and spam...? I've never seen it once here.
            Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
            2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 98 'Bird
              spam...? I've never seen it once here.
              Until I managed to trace down most of the IP numbers that belong in foreign coutries like Russia, China and a host of others, I was blocking probably 10-15 spammers per day. I think only a couple managed to sneak though in the last 5 years. Now I probably only have to flush 1 or 2 a day.

I'm proud of the members in that there are no pissing contests, no verbal wars, everyone conducts themselves with the utmost restraint and respect towards others. Truely it is a priviledge to be associated with those on this forum. My

oh..... that's +1 more post for those that are counting.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                I'm proud of the members in that there are no pissing contests, no verbal wars, everyone conducts themselves with the utmost restraint and respect towards others. Truely it is a priviledge to be associated with those on this forum. My

oh..... that's +1 more post for those that are counting.
                Who's counting posts? That would be lame. (BTW, chalk up another one for me )

I agree, Joe. Great people here. I've never been this active on another forum before, and I doubt I ever will be. It's extremely rare to find a group of people on the internet who are willing to help with problems, even if they have nothing to do with cars. The advice and support over the years have been tremendous.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

this is a family board, im part of corral.net and if i had a kid, theres no way id like my kid see that stuff, anytime a girl post, the members want her in her undies or something skimpy
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I check in when I can. Someone has to keep and eye on Ken. This is a nice board.

Most of the board have settled down for the most part. It's nice to see a lot of the old garbage gone.

Chirpthird has a lot of people that don't even have Camaro's any longer but we remained friends.

I sold mine in the spring to get back into a Z06, but I spend the small amount of time I have for boards mostly on Camaro forums because that is where my friends are.

Gotta love that, bought a car, made friends that I often wondered were just about the cars. It became clear it started that way, but turned into a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
                      Traffic is way down on most of the Fbody boards that didn't make some changes to embrace the 5th gen Camaros. Maybe there is some way to attract some 5th gen folks if we want to (possibly some new forums?). But that is not up to me.

Besides Norm could probably fill these pages with lots of intersting things since he has so many vehicles in his garage. So Norm...............what are you up to now with the truck?

Dave

Well I am a 5th gen'r and I am here. I started on this board back when Ken was selling Zaino, And Fred's(Injuneer) car was still almost stock. When I came back I noticed the board was slow, but the atmosphere has not changed. This is a good thing.

I hit the new 5th gen boards, and the lack of respect for fellow members is sad. I have gotten to the point where I very rarely give advice to anyone because some expert will come in and tell you how wrong you are.

I don't see that here. Sometimes quality is better than quantity.
                      Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

My '97 sits in the garage or off to the side of the garage most of the time. I don't really drive it much. I wanted to sell it, but it isn't really worth much anymore. I probably spend most of my time on a local 4x4 and AR-15 board.

This is a good group of people. I originally joined on the old format in 2000 when I needed help with something.
                        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                          My '97 sits in the garage or off to the side of the garage most of the time. I don't really drive it much. I wanted to sell it, but it isn't really worth much anymore. I probably spend most of my time on a local 4x4 and AR-15 board.

This is a good group of people. I originally joined on the old format in 2000 when I needed help with something.
                          Uh oh! Are you a fellow arfcommer?
                          Greg W. in West Michigan
                          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                          <Motor out

Comment

I'm here when I can. My job here in SoCal really takes up most of my conscious waking hours as I am learning Systems Engineering and also it is a logistics based complex environment. I still check in here but it seems Kerm aka Wolfman aka Ken , our resident message creator is perfecting his "Corvette Wave" on the Vette forums. In short many things are diverting my attention as of late.

Also I really have not been doing much car related since the mojave mile event (got the pro vid of my runs ) as I decided I need a REAL vacation this christmas so I am going to be in Hawaii then meaning my car recreational budget is going to that instead.

I still plan for a full suspension refresh next year for the Hawk's 10th year .
                            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                            pics and info

Comment

I like this forum. People are polite and the topics are interesting... But, it doesn't move very fast; often the same threads are on the main page for weeks or months. Oh well, that's OK.... "Quiet" can be good.

There are still a LOT of the old SLP forum people over on the SSOA Back Porch site. Scott and Jeffy are regulars, as well as the infamous Selena, Dave, Steve and others. A lot of people there remember and miss Ken and occasionally he drops by for a visit, too.

Let's hope this forum lasts for a long, long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X