Another exaust question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jessica2112
    I won't light them up, damn computer retards my timing so much, it's runining my high. But yes it's there. But 10-15 mph on wheeeeeeeeee !!! I'm getting a LDS rearend with 3:42's so that ought to help. 3:08's s**k. Pardon me. I love my blower, just hate GM computer engineers.

Oh, should I be careful with air tools then?
    THANKS FOR THE HELP! =)
    Ummm, why GM PCM Designers? If it wasn't for that function, much more damage would be caused to your motor during certain component failures and even right now, since its not tuned for the blower. Remember, it has no idea that you've strapped a blower on it. Besides, imagine trying to do all this by hand with a carb'ed engine lol
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Oh, should I be careful with air tools then?
      THANKS FOR THE HELP! =)
      You won't be able to break them loose with air tools. I am not sure what size they are on the V6 but I bought a set of metric gear wrenches and it was the best purchase I could have made for a header install.
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Air tools, not sure if I would use em on the manifold bolts!!! Definitely not worth breaking a bolt. Take your time with hand wrenches, kinda like you would use a tap and die, very slowly!!!!
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

HMMM, maybe I should pay someone afterall.....

Comment

It depends on how much you like the old game of twister. It takes a contortionist to be able to get to all the manifold bolts. Other than that, it's easy..... just time consuming.

Comment

It's honestly not that hard, you just have to have three things....

1) Liquid wrench...lots of it sometimes
              2) Confidence
              3) The "touch"

As everyone else stated, you definitely do not want to break one of your bolts.....ever.

Have you ever worked on a car where the spark plugs were kind of stuck in there? The last thing you want to do is strip it, break it, whatever. No one wants to have to go through all that trouble to try and drill those out. The way to do it is to just try and work it out.

Spray those bolts, get your socket set out, and just try and work them out. Never give too much to where you think they can break, just try and get it to start going. When it completely stops, tighten it back up again, then loosen, and repeat. It takes a while, but I guarantee they will eventually come out.

If you don't want to do this, then paying someone would be the best route to go.

Good luck
              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                It depends on how much you like the old game of twister. It takes a contortionist to be able to get to all the manifold bolts. Other than that, it's easy..... just time consuming.
                lol...yeah....that too
                black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                X